Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 07 2021, 08:47 PM

I had that to happen several times but only in the early days after the market was opened. I think because everything is not totally back to full capacity, at certain times of the day, the market is very slow and often I will try to hire someone and it simply won't respond and nothing will happen or it will go to yellow. I have found if I get to the market and there are lots and lots of "people" there seldom can I get a hired person to respond. I go back home, find something else to do and go back later. I read almost every day things people report so I can keep up and it would seem a big part of the problem is people are still expecting the game to operate just as fast as it did before. Often there are more people logged on then there is capacity for them to work. Many are trying to do super large jobs. Most don't understand it can take hours and hours just to find a small glitch and then correct it. Farm Town has come a long, long way since the beginning when all we had was one farm. Mary, Taz, and Tiger are doing a fantastic job answering people questions, often explaining the same things over and over. The developers who are working behind the scene deserve a medal for all the work they have already accomplished. I bow to you all in gratitude.
Old May 08 2021, 12:24 AM

I'm on my own.
Farms 2 (Sunflower Grove). 4 (Sunflower Woods), 7 (Sunflower Shores), 16 (Sunflower Woodlands)
The farms are no bigger than 24x24
Not a lot of items on them
No overlaps

Seems like it takes foever to gather the fish. (Never had the problem before)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
HI donrirvi,

Please provide more details on your issue.
  • Are you fishing your own farms or for someone else? If it's your own farms, which farms are you having problems with?
  • What size is the farm or does the same thing happen on any size farm?
  • Does the farm have a lot of items on it, for example overlapped crops, overlapped waters and if those waters are over the entire farm or just off the edges of the farm.
  • Describe what you are seeing when you try to fish that's causing a problem.
Old May 08 2021, 05:12 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donrirvi View Post
I'm on my own.
Farms 2 (Sunflower Grove). 4 (Sunflower Woods), 7 (Sunflower Shores), 16 (Sunflower Woodlands)
The farms are no bigger than 24x24
Not a lot of items on them
No overlaps

Seems like it takes foever to gather the fish. (Never had the problem before)
Hi donrirvi,

Thank you for your additional information. I had a look at those farms and don't see anything there that should be causing a problem.

Fishing with the boats that you own does mean that as the amount of fish reduces in the waters it will get harder to get to get as many fish per click, you would have to refresh the farm to refresh the waters so you can catch more of the fish that's left in them.

I can see that you have everything showing in game preferences. If you like to do your farm work with everything showing like that, as you like to place a lot of items close to the waters and also on them, please select your fishing boat and see if the eye bottom right of your screen is showing fully open or part closed. If it's fully open please click on that eye to change it to part closed so that everything else hides as you fish.

Please also clear your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload the game and see if that improves fishing for you.

If it doesn't, the easiest thing for you to do until you want to upgrade to the turbo boat is to hire someone at market to do you farm work for you or just the fishing if you prefer to only hire for that. Hiring a stranger at market will also get you more products than doing the jobs yourself as you earn an extra reward for doing that. There is usually plenty of workers at market that have a turbo boat or the bigger turbo boats and they will easily be able to get those fish for you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 08 2021, 05:21 AM

Unhappy Harvesting

When I go to harvest trees, and crops nothing disappears. I try to harvest crops and the trees are in the way. I try to harvest trees and they all stay in view.
Old May 08 2021, 05:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirk1950 View Post
When I go to harvest trees, and crops nothing disappears. I try to harvest crops and the trees are in the way. I try to harvest trees and they all stay in view.
Hi kbirk1950,

Select a tool you want to use, then have a look and see if the eye bottom right of your game screen that shows when you have the tool in hand is fully open or partly closed.

To hide other items as you work that eye needs to be part closed. If it's fully open, click on it to change it to part closed.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 08 2021, 09:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Farmer Dibble

We just tried this at market.

I was hired but I let the 30 seconds past without accepting the request.
As soon as the time past, the request disappeared from my screen so I was not able to accept it.

The farmer trying to hire me, saw my avatar name turned yellow and then he received a message saying: No thanks, Im busy now. Maybe next time.

Did you receive that message from the farmer you have sent the hiring request? or did you only get the message saying they were accepting the job?

Edited to Add: We tried the hiring again. This time, I accepted the request in the very last second before the request disappeared.
The farmer hiring me saw my avatar name turned yellow and then he got the message I had accepted the job. The message was shown up almost inmediately.
That was the only way we were able to reproduce in part what you are reporting.

We think that maybe there is a delay for you between the farmer accepts the request at the very last second and you get the the message.
Hi marymarcel. I always wait for the avatar name to turn yellow before moving on to try and hire a new player. On at least three occasions now I have had the yellowed avatar player accept the work, at least once after I had hired a second player to do the same work. This is what really brought it to my attention as I was harangued (in a nice way) by the original hiree because the work had already been done.

I will keep an eye out to see if this happens again. If it does I will get approximate times and report those with the event.
Old May 08 2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Dibble View Post
Hi marymarcel. I always wait for the avatar name to turn yellow before moving on to try and hire a new player. On at least three occasions now I have had the yellowed avatar player accept the work, at least once after I had hired a second player to do the same work. This is what really brought it to my attention as I was harangued (in a nice way) by the original hiree because the work had already been done.

I will keep an eye out to see if this happens again. If it does I will get approximate times and report those with the event.
Hi Farmer Dibble

I do understand you wait till the avatar name turns yellow, but when we tried the first time, I waited for the 30 seconds past, then the farmer trying to hire me received a sorry message and the request disappeared from my screen as soon as the time had past.

The second time, I clicked to accept the request in the last second, my avatar showed yellow for the farmer trying to hire me but he received the message I had accepted the work. That message appeared in his screen almost inmediately.

It seems in your case, there is a delay as you get the accepting message after you have already hired another farmer.

Please if you get this again, let us know what you found, thanks
Old May 08 2021, 10:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Default WebGL

Hello, I am getting "Your browser does not support WebGL." few time and it won't let me play. I using Chromebook. Please tell me what wrong? My USER ID number 633219919
Old May 08 2021, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafGhost View Post
Hello, I am getting "Your browser does not support WebGL." few time and it won't let me play. I using Chromebook. Please tell me what wrong? My USER ID number 633219919
Hi DeafGhost,
That happens when you encounter an error that the game does not have a message about. Are you seeing any error messages in the FT Console when this happens?
You can try just closing and reopening your browser and farms.

If that doesn't work to clear it try restarting your computer.

If that doesn't work you will need to clear your browser cache, close the browser and then reopen. The game will be slower loading the first time after doing that as it has to download all the graphics again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 08 2021, 11:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post

If that doesn't work you will need to clear your browser cache, close the browser and then reopen.
I am using Chromebook and can't figure out how to clear browser cache, Chromebook is under Google systems, not Windows.
Closed Thread