Old Nov 23 2013, 10:05 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
You mentioned that this is probably the most expensive game, but yet you offered no proof of that by showing stats of other prices, you can't show one price and say that is the highest without comparision. If you don't want to spend any money to enjoy the perks that come with spending some money that is your choice, others choose to spend some money and enjoy the perks of the game, like the higher tools or being able to start or store items in a single click. Do you go into stores and tell the manager that their products is too expensive and that you think they should lower their price cause you are not willing to pay their price? Same with FT, this is a business and they are selling virtual goods, if you want to purchase you can otherwise don't. You say they should collect $2,000 from 50 out of 100 instead of $1,000 from 1 out of 100, did you just make these stats up or did these stats come from somewhere. How do you know that they are not collecting $1,000 from more than 1 out of 100, they could be collecting that from 30 or 40 out of 100, your stats is flawed because the are made up. Some prices could be lower, but it isn't up to me to tell them how to run their business, like everyone else I have the choice to either purchase the items or not purchase the items.
My exact statement was: “in the realm of video games, FT and similar type Facebook games may be the most expensive around.” Which is a comparison of non-FB video games for PC, MAC, and Consoles vs. FB games like FarmTown and FarmVille. When you consider what you get for $1,000 in non-FB video games the difference in quality and value is so huge it’s laughable. I posted example stats to make a simple basic marketing point: I am a potential customer who is not purchasing their overpriced product. The question then becomes: How many potential customers are out there like me?

I’m not telling them how to run their business. It’s their prerogative to keep everything as is and they won’t make any money from potential customers like me. I’m just letting them know how to tap this side of the market if they wanted to. For the record, I tell manufacturers that their prices are too high all the time and guess what … they almost always lower their prices to keep my business. If you prefer to remain silent about ridiculous prices, that’s your choice. I choose to try to improve the situation.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20