Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 28 2017, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Lil Princess View Post
But if you won't want to do your own ships but willing to help your neighbours move their ships along. Just don't buy the ships yourself. Right?
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
Yes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
Yes.

Ok, thanks.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jan 29 2017, 04:31 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just seeking some help here, in the updates for the ships, we are told we can replace up to 10 people... fine.. but I have just discovered that once you have done that... this choice is no longer available on the next ship you start to prepare.. the ships log shows Replace(0) so now with 111 neighbors in farmtown, I can no longer replace someone chosen by the game, takes away my choices.. so the only option left is to skip those who show on the ships log who you know are not prepared to move your ship... I thought we were going to be able to replace up to 10 on each ships log... On this ship I am preparing at the moment I have at least 6 people that need to be skipped.. tempted to just let the time run out for the prep and give up.

Last edited by Aussie Rae; Jan 29 2017 at 04:43 AM.
Old Jan 29 2017, 09:54 AM

The replacement function is great, but could you display theyr real names instead of farm name? Without real names function has no value to me since I've got no chance remembering whos who based on farm name. Many have profile pictures not of them selves but a dog, a flower etc.

I have neighbours in different time zones and would like to adjust with replacement based on this, but now it's an impossible puzzle Hope you consider this

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3
Old Jan 29 2017, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
just seeking some help here, in the updates for the ships, we are told we can replace up to 10 people... fine.. but I have just discovered that once you have done that... this choice is no longer available on the next ship you start to prepare.. the ships log shows Replace(0) so now with 111 neighbors in farmtown, I can no longer replace someone chosen by the game, takes away my choices.. so the only option left is to skip those who show on the ships log who you know are not prepared to move your ship... I thought we were going to be able to replace up to 10 on each ships log... On this ship I am preparing at the moment I have at least 6 people that need to be skipped.. tempted to just let the time run out for the prep and give up.
Hi Aussie Rae,
I just started preparing a new ship and I have 10 I can replace. This is the second ship I have prepared since the release of the Replacement capability.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 29 2017, 02:06 PM

I hope the Raul and crew consider making the ships an opt in option instead of an opt out. Reason being, if someone does not want to play ships, it will not matter to them if your ship sets in their port, just like they are doing now. They will have no incentive to opt out of the program and will continue to annoy those of us that do want to do the ship thing. I think the ships are great but understand not everyone likes them.
Old Jan 29 2017, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
I hope the Raul and crew consider making the ships an opt in option instead of an opt out. Reason being, if someone does not want to play ships, it will not matter to them if your ship sets in their port, just like they are doing now. They will have no incentive to opt out of the program and will continue to annoy those of us that do want to do the ship thing. I think the ships are great but understand not everyone likes them.
Hi PawPaw,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all of them in one location. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that your suggestion fits.
Old Jan 29 2017, 03:03 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone. Latest update as follows >>

Post-Release Updates - January 29th, 3:00PM

- BugFix: Reset the amount of changes allowed in the itinerary for a Ship every time you start the preparation of that ship. Let's say you made 10 replacements on your Yellow Ship, when the Yellow Ship returned and you started preparing it again, the amount of replacement allowed was incorrectly set to 0, this bug is now fixed moving forward for all ships starting preparation after the release of this fix.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 29 2017, 04:13 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger laybourne View Post
hi everyone. Latest update as follows >>

post-release updates - january 29th, 3:00pm

- bugfix: Reset the amount of changes allowed in the itinerary for a ship every time you start the preparation of that ship. Let's say you made 10 replacements on your yellow ship, when the yellow ship returned and you started preparing it again, the amount of replacement allowed was incorrectly set to 0, this bug is now fixed moving forward for all ships starting preparation after the release of this fix.
thank you....
Old Jan 29 2017, 05:00 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
This seems to have been the Owner's intentions re. these boats - to force us to enter the game more often. It may be good for their numbers but it's driving me away - and some others.

I'm also quite ill and will be away for some periods at a time and I don't like that I am unable, as a courtesy, to close my port. This is a neck hold on us, the players, being forced into doing something the Owner's want us to do.
that was my initial reaction, that the boat schtick was an attempt by slashkey to raise their player numbers, and thus raise their share of the advertising dollars on facebook. the more i think about it, the more true i think that thought.

unfortunately, they didn't consider how annoying the ships would be. i do hope they garner enough return players and newly seduced players to compensate for players like myself who are now too disgusted to pretend we are amused.

generic link:
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread