Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17 2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ckpeer,
The fix has already been done. The problem before was that your post was in the Show Wall Posts for everyone even though you set it to "Only Me." The post on Facebook was still correct according to what you set the security to so if "Only Me" then only you could see it and no one else in Facebook. By adding the check box then now you can keep that post off of the Show Wall Requests and only have it in Facebook to whatever group of people you set it to in the security. That fixes it so you will not have every one of your friends seeing it as it will not be on the Show Wall Requests for anyone.
As I read your post again, my question is "why would someone want to post facilities to 'only me' "? When you post facilities, you want a response. Having the option to post to specific people or specific groups is a great idea that the devs have offered us. Hopefully this fix will work for specific farmers and I will try it shortly. Thanks again.
Old Nov 17 2015, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
As I read your post again, my question is "why would someone want to post facilities to 'only me' "? When you post facilities, you want a response. Having the option to post to specific people or specific groups is a great idea that the devs have offered us. Hopefully this fix will work for specific farmers and I will try it shortly. Thanks again.
Hi ckpeer,
It will work for specific people in that they will see it in their newsfeed, but no one will see it in the Show Farmtown Wall Requests. That was the best that the developers could do with the restrictions that Facebook put on them. This is the best they can do. Some people prefer to post to Only Me, then they can copy their post to a group in Facebook.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Hi ckpeer,
It will work for specific people in that they will see it in their newsfeed, but no one will see it in the Show Farmtown Wall Requests. That was the best that the developers could do with the restrictions that Facebook put on them. This is the best they can do. Some people prefer to post to Only Me, then they can copy their post to a group in Facebook.
Woot, Woot, it seems to be working. I have had the one specific person work my facilities with no other comers. She says that she sees my post on her timeline as well as on the Show Farm Town Wall Requests page. It is 15 minutes after the post went up and I have had no other comers. Great news. Thanks. I was beginning to think that I would be on idle for a long time.
Old Nov 17 2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Hi ckpeer,
The fix has already been done. The problem before was that your post was in the Show Wall Posts for everyone even though you set it to "Only Me." The post on Facebook was still correct according to what you set the security to so if "Only Me" then only you could see it and no one else in Facebook. By adding the check box then now you can keep that post off of the Show Wall Requests and only have it in Facebook to whatever group of people you set it to in the security. That fixes it so you will not have every one of your friends seeing it as it will not be on the Show Wall Requests for anyone.
Hi Taz, I just checked and I did get a hit from two other persons besides my intended individual. In the check box I chose FB friends as the group to NOT send notices to. The individuals who worked my facilities are FB friends. Did I mention that the person I chose to work my facilities said she saw the notice on her home page as well as on the Show Wall Requests list. This is much better than last time, but...
Old Nov 17 2015, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hi Taz, I just checked and I did get a hit from two other persons besides my intended individual. In the check box I chose FB friends as the group to NOT send notices to. The individuals who worked my facilities are FB friends. Did I mention that the person I chose to work my facilities said she saw the notice on her home page as well as on the Show Wall Requests list. This is much better than last time, but...
Hi ckpeer,
Did you put the individuals name in the top box to post it to and no one else? Did you uncheck the box in the first pop up to not show it in the Show Wall Requests?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2015, 03:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Hi Texas Belle,
Try a different browser as the train boosts still need names added. Apparently you are not getting the list of names in that browser.
Thanks Taz, I did change to Chrome for that task, but thanks to the team my Safari is working back to its full potential.. no more problems...
Old Nov 17 2015, 03:57 PM

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - November 17th, 4:00PM

- BugFix: Posts for bonuses and ingredients were not appearing on the ''Farmtown Wall Requests'. From now on, they will start to appear again, notice that they will always appear, even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen.
Old Nov 17 2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Hi ckpeer,
Hi Taz, I just checked my facilities again and a total of 5 people have worked my facilities, when I posted to one. I did remove the post from my timeline, and when I sent it to my one friend, I checked the button that said "do not post to FB friends". The 4 that were not invited are all my FB friends. So..... how do I get this to work? This is better than what happened before, but is still not acceptable. I am still in the position of not wanting to make a full post of facilities and clients, which means I am still "idling"
Old Nov 17 2015, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hi Taz, I just checked my facilities again and a total of 5 people have worked my facilities, when I posted to one. I did remove the post from my timeline, and when I sent it to my one friend, I checked the button that said "do not post to FB friends". The 4 that were not invited are all my FB friends. So..... how do I get this to work? This is better than what happened before, but is still not acceptable. I am still in the position of not wanting to make a full post of facilities and clients, which means I am still "idling"
Hi ckpeer,
Did you uncheck the box to not show in the Farmtown Wall Requests?
That is on the first pop up you get when you post. If you didn't uncheck that then it will post in the Wall Requests and all of your friends who play will see it.
Old Nov 17 2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Hi ckpeer,
Did you put the individuals name in the top box to post it to and no one else? Did you uncheck the box in the first pop up to not show it in the Show Wall Requests?
Hi Taz, i put the individual's name in the top box, and Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box which said that this choice would not receive the post. When I attempted to type in "Show Wall Requests" in the 2nd box (not to be posted), the system would not accept this choice. I will post again to see what happens. When I attempt to post again, I just now put in the individual's name, and pulled up Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box. Before actually posting, I checked the setting and it said "All Friends" Needless to say I did NOT click on Share. The devs must be working on this right now because when I did this earlier, my friend's name showed up as the only person who would see this post. I will try again tomorrow.
Closed Thread