Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 20 2022, 05:42 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
This is probably a stretch but in 2012, I created a second FT account. I didn't use it long, but that farmer still appears on my neighbor list. Since then, I've tried to access it and encountered stumbling blocks - probably not remembering my username/password. I know I used an AOL email account for it but I do NOT remember the un/pw for my farm. I tried going to that email account and it's been deactivated for lack of use. Since we're doing this email thing now, might it be possible for me to get into this FT account again and begin using it? I've wanted to access that account many times since then - just for old time's sake if nothing else - but haven't known how and didn't think there would be a way. Might that be possible now? Or once this new email stuff settles down? I don't think there's a hurry - I just got kind of excited thinking I might FINALLY be able to get into that account again.

P.S. When I visit that farm from my neighbor list, I get the message that the farm has been archived.
Hi Farmer_Susan,

If you can't log into that other Facebook account then there's no way for you to load the game on that account to be able to do the link email.
You can't do it using your current Facebook account if that's what you were thinking.

If you can log into the account, then all you need is an active email address for it to link it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 20 2022, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesfem View Post
TY Tiger!

Got my confirmation email now (adding to safe senders list obviously helped)
Hi piscesfem,

That's great news, thank you for coming back to let us know, much appreciated!

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 20 2022, 05:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

Those of you already seeing your email address above the game screen next to an Update button do NOT need to click on Update! Your account is already linked.
You ONLY need to click on Update IF the email address is wrong or you need to change it to a different one if you lose access to using that email.
Keep the email you used active by using it or your email provider can remove the ability to access it for lack of use.

Those of you not finding or getting the verification email:
Please make sure that you have checked your spam and junk folders to make sure it hasn't gone there.
If it's not there either, please click on the link below to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in your email just in case your emails are blocking them for some reason. That will also help should you need to contact the support team in the future :

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

As there a numerous email providers, you will need to use the help section of your emails to get the correct instructions on how to add email addresses to safe senders for your email.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 20 2022, 08:19 AM

Default Link email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi piscesfem,

That's great news, thank you for coming back to let us know, much appreciated!
Hasn't worked for me yet
Old Oct 20 2022, 08:22 AM

Hasn't worked for me yet. Both address are added to my contacts. Never had problems gett emails fron this site before. I have checked all folders
Old Oct 20 2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettes270 View Post
Hasn't worked for me yet. Both address are added to my contacts. Never had problems gett emails fron this site before. I have checked all folders
I clicked the little icon on top right and it gave me a pop up and I seen I had put my email address in wrong. (Vision impaired) fixed email address and I got my confirmation email. My fault.
Old Oct 20 2022, 09:31 AM

Simply put: Does the email I link to my farm have to be the same email that I log into FB with? I no longer have access to that email to get the confirmation.
Old Oct 20 2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Everyone,

Those of you already seeing your email address above the game screen next to an Update button do NOT need to click on Update! Your account is already linked.
You ONLY need to click on Update IF the email address is wrong or you need to change it to a different one if you lose access to using that email.
Keep the email you used active by using it or your email provider can remove the ability to access it for lack of use.

Those of you not finding or getting the verification email:
Please make sure that you have checked your spam and junk folders to make sure it hasn't gone there.
If it's not there either, please click on the link below to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in your email just in case your emails are blocking them for some reason. That will also help should you need to contact the support team in the future :

As there a numerous email providers, you will need to use the help section of your emails to get the correct instructions on how to add email addresses to safe senders for your email.

Hi Tiger,
What about those of us who ALREADY CONFIRMED it 2 days ago but whose button reads NOT LINKED?

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Oct 20 2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Joy, plese ask them to look in their spam folder and see if the confirmation email is there.

Please have them click on this link to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in both of your emails to see if that helps at all with future emails from FT in case your emails are blocking them for some reason:

Nettie, please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

After you have gone through it one more time it should work and you see your email at the top.

Been there. Done that. Still same not linked message above the game.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Oct 20 2022, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Been there. Done that. Still same not linked message above the game.
Hi Qivis,
If it says not linked then you will need to do it again. Theere were changes made after the first day it was up so some had to do it again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread