Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 08 2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Dubrasky View Post
is it coming back? when sick of same answer and perturbs that if they knew these issues were fixed why they let me spend all this money day before closed or day of. one thing i counted on on this Facebook sight as all games came and went was Farmtown been on since 209 and well i invest in last year over 2600 dollars. because they proved to me they were staying. They had lots of time to comply or let us know not to buy. i hate disputing charges. i just got out the worst hurricane my life and Farmtown for so many of us gave us peace and escape.
Hi Jeanne Dubrasky

I moved your post to the thread about Game not loading.

The developers didnt receive a warning from Facebook, the game was simply deactivated without a word.

Your previous post about this problem was responded in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...38#post6511738
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Wow....reading through some of the replies to the post on Farmtown's Facebook profile has my head spinning. They provided the information as to what happened, what measures have been taken, told us basically the ball is in Facebook's court now, and that as soon as Facebook reviews the requested fix, and approves it, the game will be back. They also provided another update saying that they were still waiting to hear back from Facebook. Yet, people are still posting theories, things they've "heard", rumors, and their own opinions saying the game isn't coming back.

I, for one, will remain patient, won't abandon the game, and look forward to when the game is up and running again. Yes, I have put money into playing this game, but if I have to wait it out till it comes back, I will...all without complaint. I love this game, it helps me wind down at the end of the day, and it gives me something to do while the husband is watching his tv shows/movies that I don't like. LOL

I want to give a shout out to the developers for continuing to add new content to the game, and to those who run these forums. You all do a bang up job, and your efforts give us, the players, many hours of fun while we play the game.

So, let's put the theories and rumors to the side, enjoy chatting with each other here, and make plans for what we will do once the game comes back. I am actually redesigning my farms on paper so that I can change things up a bit when it comes back online.

Have a great weekend, be patient, and I hope to see you back playing the game soon!
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Jeanne Dubrasky

The developers didnt receive a warning from Facebook, the game was simply deactivated without a word.

Your previous post about this problem was responded in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...38#post6511738
Goodness. I didn't know this part. I'm also a software developer and I had a similar thing happen to my app - one part of it was just deactivated with no warning. I really thought mine was my fault - that I had misinterpreted something I was supposed to do. But the company that shut me down actually called last night to apologize and tell me a glitch in their system had caused it. Wish FB would call Raul and apologize - AFTER they get us back up and running.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Goodness. I didn't know this part. I'm also a software developer and I had a similar thing happen to my app - one part of it was just deactivated with no warning. I really thought mine was my fault - that I had misinterpreted something I was supposed to do. But the company that shut me down actually called last night to apologize and tell me a glitch in their system had caused it. Wish FB would call Raul and apologize - AFTER they get us back up and running.
Hi Susan

Developers worked for weeks on the security requirements asked for Facebook. They were sent and all seemed to be ok, but then, it seems one of them was not completely right according to Facebook. So they deactivated the game.

After that, they developers were informed and worked on the fix. It was sent to Facebook to be checked and approved.
As we all know, we are still waiting for their response and to get the game reactivated.
Old Oct 08 2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Susan

Developers worked for weeks on the security requirements asked for Facebook. They were sent and all seemed to be ok, but then, it seems one of them was not completely right according to Facebook. So they deactivated the game.

After that, they developers were informed and worked on the fix. It was sent to Facebook to be checked and approved.
As we all know, we are still waiting for their response and to get the game reactivated.
That is just SO not ok. Very bad business practices on the part of Facebook.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:17 PM

Default I am posting complaints on FB

If they get a lot of complaints - they will resolve this faster.
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild624 View Post
If they get a lot of complaints - they will resolve this faster.
Hi Moonchild,
That will not help as the ones who see those complaints are not the ones involved in the security. You would be wasting your time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 03:59 PM

It would be helpful if somebody had a direct line with the developers and could give us more information than just repeating what's been posted before. The lack of information is what fuels rumors and anger. If the developers aren't in contact with Facebook, and just sitting around waiting for an answer, that's not right. Even a little bit of information would help.
Old Oct 08 2022, 04:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF1976 View Post
It would be helpful if somebody had a direct line with the developers and could give us more information than just repeating what's been posted before. The lack of information is what fuels rumors and anger. If the developers aren't in contact with Facebook, and just sitting around waiting for an answer, that's not right. Even a little bit of information would help.
Hi FF,
We are in contact with the developers and there isn't anything new to report. The developers have done what they are supposed to and it is up to Facebook to respond. There is nothing more they can do until they get a response from Facebook. I am sorry if that is not enough for you, but that is all we have. All I can say is if you didn't read it here it is not true.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi FF,
We are in contact with the developers and there isn't anything new to report. The developers have done what they are supposed to and it is up to Facebook to respond. There is nothing more they can do until they get a response from Facebook. I am sorry if that is not enough for you, but that is all we have. All I can say is if you didn't read it here it is not true.
I'm being patient and I don't believe anything I might hear/see anywhere else. It;s not a matter of being enough, but there is an old saying: "the squeaking wheel gets the grease". That's why I think the developers shouldn't be as passive as they appear to be.

Tags
cannot load game, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error