Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 08 2014, 06:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacolapoppy View Post
At one time, you could be hired for cash.
And I can remember receiving 1 FC for every new neighbor.
Is either of these still operational?
The hire for FC was a banner at the top of your farm you could hire them for 1 FC to harvest something and then 2 FC for doing a facility. The maximum you could get was 30 FC by doing this. If you already got your 30 FC then you will not see that banner any more. Even if you hadn't the banner was random. That was the only way to get FC for anyone.
Now you can earn FC for doing so many quests per week. You can read about that in the Game Guide chapter on Quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 07 2014, 05:48 PM

Angry Trains not working

How does the train help with facility work?

The Mayor will work 50% of your neighbors facilities for free. Each train car you have on your dispatched train will increase the amount worked by the Mayor by 5%, If you own 10 cars, then the Mayor will work ALL facilities for you.

If you have 2 or more trains dispatched with 10 freight cars on each train the Mayor will complete all farms for you without you needing to navigate to each farm. If you do not meet this requirement then the Mayor will still help you with 25 - 40% of the workable farms only when there are at least 3 workable farms"
Just spend over $640 FARM CASH. Have 2 trains ea with 10 different cars - all coupled properly but 20 cars NOT NAVIGATING FARMS AS SUPPOSED TO???
Old Dec 07 2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce.pendleton View Post
How does the train help with facility work?

The Mayor will work 50% of your neighbors facilities for free. Each train car you have on your dispatched train will increase the amount worked by the Mayor by 5%, If you own 10 cars, then the Mayor will work ALL facilities for you.

If you have 2 or more trains dispatched with 10 freight cars on each train the Mayor will complete all farms for you without you needing to navigate to each farm. If you do not meet this requirement then the Mayor will still help you with 25 - 40% of the workable farms only when there are at least 3 workable farms"
Just spend over $640 FARM CASH. Have 2 trains ea with 10 different cars - all coupled properly but 20 cars NOT NAVIGATING FARMS AS SUPPOSED TO???

Hi Joyce

Are your trains dispatched?, you need to dispatch them in order to work your friends facilities from one farm.
Old Dec 13 2014, 02:22 AM

Default Feedback on the game

It's so sad to see the lack of interest in the game (on the Forum) -- it seems the Forum is active maybe 2 weeks after a new release, then pretty much nothing ... Each time I hire someone to work my farms, I try to send a message to give them tips, then forward the link to the Forum .... People just don't seem to care. Someone called me a horrible name, and said "It's only a game, get over it" .....

I understand it's just a game, but I have spent a ton of cash on this game, and more importantly - I have made FRIENDS thru this 'game' .... and the friendships go beyond just the 'game' .... I take pride in the fact that I am with this 'game' from almost the beginning .... I love it !!

Am I nuts?? I am insane?? When I hire someone to do farms, and they grab the crops and run .... am I crazy to be upset?? Am I obsessed because I actually call them on it ??

Yes, it's 'just a game' ... but to me, it's so much more. Farm Town has been there when I fell apart and felt I had NOTHING ..... the friendships I made pulled me out of that dark spot ..... I cherish the people I have met and interacted with .... I am just sad that it seems no one really has interest anymore ....

I REALLY NEED Stoneface to tell another Holiday Tale !! LOL !!
Old Dec 13 2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
It's so sad to see the lack of interest in the game (on the Forum) -- it seems the Forum is active maybe 2 weeks after a new release, then pretty much nothing ... Each time I hire someone to work my farms, I try to send a message to give them tips, then forward the link to the Forum .... People just don't seem to care. Someone called me a horrible name, and said "It's only a game, get over it" .....

I understand it's just a game, but I have spent a ton of cash on this game, and more importantly - I have made FRIENDS thru this 'game' .... and the friendships go beyond just the 'game' .... I take pride in the fact that I am with this 'game' from almost the beginning .... I love it !!

Am I nuts?? I am insane?? When I hire someone to do farms, and they grab the crops and run .... am I crazy to be upset?? Am I obsessed because I actually call them on it ??

Yes, it's 'just a game' ... but to me, it's so much more. Farm Town has been there when I fell apart and felt I had NOTHING ..... the friendships I made pulled me out of that dark spot ..... I cherish the people I have met and interacted with .... I am just sad that it seems no one really has interest anymore ....

I understand how you feel, I also started at the beginning and spend a lot have about everything this game has put out and plan to buy more. I look at it as here in this thread it's good that no one is having trouble with the game, but a waiting the next release, I am that is why I am here. Made many wonderful lasting friends too, if you want to add me please do I always enjoy making new friends.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 13 2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old Dec 13 2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:

There is still plenty of interest in the game, but less chatting about the game (just those with loading/game issues).

The coop quests has shown me the interest is still there,cos before that I only had maybe 5 active players from the 108 so called neighbours, and now I have over 90 active players since I asked on her for coop quest neighbours.

As for helping others out, well that is down to spare time available. The game now takes up a lot of personal time and the items needed to speed things up costs money, but those that have more time to play are also the ones who do not / may not have the spare cash to buy the required items, kinda catch 22.
Old Dec 13 2014, 07:34 AM

Hi all

I moved your posts to our General Feedback section, so you are able to comment and discuss about the game and the forum. Thank you
Old Dec 13 2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:

I started way back when, too. I usually don't bother with the people in the market place. I stick with my good neighbors.

I have a harvest buddy and we meet up every night and harvest each others farms and chat. We have been doing this probably 2 years. You don't get the extra from the market place hire.....the large amount is only good if you sell it....and it's a lot more friendly.

I have a bunch of new friends since the co-op quests started. And I have one or two from before who I still chat with or PM.

I only go to the market place to sell my stuff. Or if I'm bored I'll go and get hired. I just do my job...post a thank you note....and leave. If the person starts talking to me I will chat back.

I sometimes think people hired don't chat because they are in full screen and don't see the chat. But on the same hand there are some rude one's too.

And I'm not sure I want to be friends with some of the people who blow up the forum after a release. Most are chronic complainers. I do post on here...not that much. And I do look for my problem before I post about it.

If you need another friend please send me a request. I'm not sure we can be neighbors on the game cause I am at my limit....but we can be FB friends and still work each others facs, etc.
Old Dec 13 2014, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

As a moderator I see a lot of players coming to the forums to check on things for the game and specially looking to see if we have a new release. I see a lot of new and old players registering in the forum in the last few months that never bothered to register before.
Just because there are not a lot of posts being done tells me that things are running fairly smoothly for them. The posts I do see are mostly for the new co-op quests and the contests that we have started here and those are good things. And yes we could use another Stoneface story.
The hiring problems have always been there Queen of Clutter, and will always be there. It is the nature of some people. Don't let it get you down.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 13 2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:

If you are nuts and maybe insane, so be it...... and so am I. Hard to believe that in about 5 months (for me) it will be 6 YEARS on Farm Town. I may have to start naming farms, or at least some streets, after ME. hehehe.

I will be re-posting the updated version of A Farmtown Christmas Carol next week.
And I am working (as time and imagination permit) on another story with hopefully a pre-Christmas and pre-new/release release.