Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 25 2021, 07:01 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman3854 View Post
USER ID number ( 730978358 )

I am starting to have problems with fishing the games freezes when i am fishing at a super neighbours farm and i have to restart the game
Hi soulman3854,

This issue is being looked at. Can you please describe the farm you are trying to work when this happens. Is the farm large with a considerable amount of items on it like wall to wall overlapped waters? Were you using regular screen at the tine or full screen mode?

The game freezing can also happen if someone else is working on the same farm as you offline. That issue is also being looked into.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 25 2021, 07:30 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
i know I have the mobile lookout tower I checked when tried to buy another but when I go to other farmers farms says I need it in storage and am not sure but tools etc you cannot see in the storage atm?
Hi amanda1955,

You should be able to open your storage then click on the items section of storage to see those and use the various filters in there and use the search box. If you are able to open Item storage please check that the filter at the top is set to All or Tools when searching for your mobile lookout tower.

Your mobile lookout tower is showing as in your item storage in your data. If the issue with not being able to see your items in storage resolved by the time you see this and you are still having problems showing available work when you are on farms you are an SN for, please check with the farm owner that you still have all the permissions for farming work on their farms, you may need to find a clear spot on one of your farms, take that tool out of storage, reload and place it back into storage to reset it.

If you are using a saved bookmark to get to the game, please also try the Facebook bookmark or the Play Farm Town button at the top of the forum to make sure you are using the current version of the game.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 25 2021, 09:02 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for all the hard work your putting in. I am being patient and so tickled when something is available. Keep on trucking. I appreciate your hard work.
Old Mar 25 2021, 10:25 AM

When I work on my super neighbors farm, when I get to farm 3 it slows down and eventually freezes and eventually gets to a blank screen. I have to use the end task to get out of it. It happens on Chrome and Edge. I can go back in using the other browser and go on, or close and restart the computer. I do 3 other farmers, but it never happens on them. The Farmer id #1826756598

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 25 2021 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Name removed for personal safety
Old Mar 25 2021, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaldren View Post
When I work on my super neighbors farm, when I get to farm 3 it slows down and eventually freezes and eventually gets to a blank screen. I have to use the end task to get out of it. It happens on Chrome and Edge. I can go back in using the other browser and go on, or close and restart the computer. I do 3 other farmers, but it never happens on them. The Farmer id #1826756598
Hi Jwaldren,
I can see they have farms heavily layered and some with waters covering the whole farms. Unfortunately that will slow down working as it uses a lot of memory on your computer to do those and may well freeze do to lack of memory to do them. The developers are looking into the issue with the fishing freezing up, but I don't know if they can help with that.

The only thing we can suggest right now is to uncheck everything in the preferences that you do not need for the work before you open their farms. Close & reopen your browser, then reopen your farms and go to do the work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 25 2021 at 10:51 AM.
Old Mar 25 2021, 11:27 AM

Default double clicking on lakes and ponds

Since Sunday my neighbor and I have had problems with double clicking when fishing.We both have about 40 farms with some layered (seas over lakes). 28 with all layered. It doesn't always do the 2nd click and is slower then before. To get it to work most of the time, I count to myself, 1 and 2 and, clicking on 1 and 2. This really makes it take longer to do the farms. Almost as bad as with flash. I hope it will return to the way it was before Sunday. I'm hoping this is a bug that will be fixed. Please let me know if this is the case.
Old Mar 25 2021, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaldren View Post
Since Sunday my neighbor and I have had problems with double clicking when fishing.We both have about 40 farms with some layered (seas over lakes). 28 with all layered. It doesn't always do the 2nd click and is slower then before. To get it to work most of the time, I count to myself, 1 and 2 and, clicking on 1 and 2. This really makes it take longer to do the farms. Almost as bad as with flash. I hope it will return to the way it was before Sunday. I'm hoping this is a bug that will be fixed. Please let me know if this is the case.
Hi Jwaldren,
We do not know yet how much of the layering will work correctly in this version. The developers are not concentrating on that as they are working to get the rest of the functions back into the game. If you have your farms that heaviliy layered then things will always be much slower and can crash your farms. The game was not designed for this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 25 2021, 11:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to annalienjvr

Is it really true that we need 8G RAM for HTML5 to function? I know most of the players here in South Africa are pensioners and can't afford new computers or even upgrade their computers. We pay the highest internet prices in the world. I still have 4G RAM and it's still working at this stage, but the question is, for how long? Should I carry on playing or just drop it now? This is very sad, since most of us playing FT since the beginning and to drop it after all these years is like saying goodbye/farewell to an old friend.
Old Mar 25 2021, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalienjvr View Post
Is it really true that we need 8G RAM for HTML5 to function? I know most of the players here in South Africa are pensioners and can't afford new computers or even upgrade their computers. We pay the highest internet prices in the world. I still have 4G RAM and it's still working at this stage, but the question is, for how long? Should I carry on playing or just drop it now? This is very sad, since most of us playing FT since the beginning and to drop it after all these years is like saying goodbye/farewell to an old friend.
Hi annalienjvr,
You may still be able to play, but with only 4GB you may find things are slow or freeze up if you are working on heavily layered farms. These requirements are not something the developers set. Those are the recommendations for todays use of HTML/WebGL graphics. Whether you can keep on playing or decide to drop it is your own decision.
Old Mar 25 2021, 01:23 PM

What was the problem with the markets and when will they return?
Closed Thread