Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 02 2015, 06:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Has anyone else noticed lately that Farm Town constantly uses your Internet bandwidth, even when doing nothing at all in your farms? It's a constant 40kbps usage, that just sucks up bandwidth apparently for no good reason. It didn't use to do this until recently. What's up with that?
Old Dec 02 2015, 07:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheLazyFarmer View Post
Has anyone else noticed lately that Farm Town constantly uses your Internet bandwidth, even when doing nothing at all in your farms? It's a constant 40kbps usage, that just sucks up bandwidth apparently for no good reason. It didn't use to do this until recently. What's up with that?
Hi Bob,
I am not sure how you determined this as Farm Town does go through Facebook and Facebook is constantly updating too. I haven't seen any difference in the amount being used by Farm Town. It does however have to keep everything running as long as you have your farm connected even if you aren't doing anything on your farms and Farm Town has grown quite a bit over the years.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2015, 05:38 AM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - December 2nd, 8:30PM

- 29 Holiday Decorations: 5 as gifts, 14 at top of the Holiday category in the store, 6 at the bottom and 4 Winter items close to the bottom in the Winter category (Woman Skiing, Kids on Snow Sled, Man with Snow Shovel and Wooden Sled).
- Removed the "Freeze/Unfreeze while Farming" avatar menu option, it's now defaulted to 'Freeze while Farming' to all players to increase performance.
- More speed optimizations for crop tools, transplanter and multiplanter.
Old Dec 03 2015, 09:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Bob,
I am not sure how you determined this as Farm Town does go through Facebook and Facebook is constantly updating too. I haven't seen any difference in the amount being used by Farm Town. It does however have to keep everything running as long as you have your farm connected even if you aren't doing anything on your farms and Farm Town has grown quite a bit over the years.

The bandwidth usage is only when I'm using Farm Town, not when I'm only using Facebook. It happens even when I use Farmtown in offline mode. Happens with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. I only noticed this usage recently, as it never did it before.

When I look at the TCP remote IP address, it is 31.13.80.8, which is a Facebook server in Ireland.

Is it possible that recent updates to Farmtown is now using some method that constantly monitors the connections?
Old Dec 03 2015, 09:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Data usage has increased for me too, can't play like I used to for last week or so because I will run out of data allowance for the month.
Old Dec 03 2015, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheLazyFarmer View Post
The bandwidth usage is only when I'm using Farm Town, not when I'm only using Facebook. It happens even when I use Farmtown in offline mode. Happens with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. I only noticed this usage recently, as it never did it before.

When I look at the TCP remote IP address, it is 31.13.80.8, which is a Facebook server in Ireland.

Is it possible that recent updates to Farmtown is now using some method that constantly monitors the connections?
Hi Bob,
If you are monitoring the Facebook IP and open Farm Town then you have added 3 more servers adding to bandwidth usage. Has Farm Town increased the data flow between you and the servers? It is possible but I certainly haven't noticed any difference in what I can have open simultaneously nor any slowdown caused by it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2015, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammazetta View Post
Data usage has increased for me too, can't play like I used to for last week or so because I will run out of data allowance for the month.
Hi Ammazetta,
The only thing I can suggest then is to not leave your farm open when you are not working.
Old Dec 03 2015, 03:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Been playing FT since 2009 and could play all day long. Not anymore. FT sucks up data usage like mad, and I'm lucky just to get my crops done. I play with everything off except for my trees, flowers and crops and play offline. Anything else can you suggest to get the data usage down?

Last edited by dean10m; Dec 03 2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old Dec 03 2015, 04:32 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi everyone,

From Raul's notes >>>

Known Issues
- Some users have complained about a Data Usage increase while playing farmtown. We did some research on this and found out that the increase is due to the new facebook chat to the right of your screen that is now shown on all games, facebook is contacting their servers frequently to update the chat screen. However we have noticed that even when you have disabled the chat, the traffic remains. We have created another bug report with facebook suggesting that they remove the chat completely or at least to stop the traffic once you have disabled the chat.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 03 2015, 05:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

it hasnt been a problem to me as far as i can tell,
Closed Thread