Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
When the word snail is used in its most general sense, it includes sea snails, land snails and freshwater snails. They are of the mollusk family, as are oysters, scallops. and mussels. Snails also live in fish tanks and keep the walls clean.

The fish farm really has but one fish - the sea water bait. So, I don't think it was created as a place to farm fish, which are found in the water formations in the game. Therefore, snails would fit in perfectly in the fish farming plant, since they are often used as bait.
I stand corrected Grammy Snowbird. I should have googled before I posted. You are right. And now that you have said it I do remember having snails in my fish tanks when I had them. Thanks for correcting me.

Now I too wonder why they aren't in the fish farms.
Old Sep 03 2012, 06:05 AM

Default Seeding problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityCarolinaBlue View Post
Same problem here as well.

What you can try........
Click inside the “Search box” and then press your “spacebar” the seeds will appear.
If you have filtered your seeds to “harvest time” or one of the other settings and the seeds suddenly revert to another filter, just reselect the filter you chose.

This worked for me for a temp. fix. Thxs.
I note a few people have had problems with this and YES thank you to those who have made suggestions for a TEMPORARY fix - do appreciate it. Do hope the developers are going to fix it permanently - often wonder why they change things when they were working fine in the first place. With quests many like myself have several farms growing multiple crops and having to constantly fiddle with every setting to seed correctly is rather time consuming and somewhat frustrating - please get this fixed soon !
Old Sep 03 2012, 08:02 AM

Me too, i am still having issues, i use the hourly crops and every few times i go to select a crop it goes back to By Levels, its very annoying having to reset it back to hourly - Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazville View Post
I note a few people have had problems with this and YES thank you to those who have made suggestions for a TEMPORARY fix - do appreciate it. Do hope the developers are going to fix it permanently - often wonder why they change things when they were working fine in the first place. With quests many like myself have several farms growing multiple crops and having to constantly fiddle with every setting to seed correctly is rather time consuming and somewhat frustrating - please get this fixed soon !
Old Sep 03 2012, 08:45 AM

I have an 'issue' today
After I collect my gifts and go to the farm to disperse them, I do not have as many as I 'collected'.
Like, I collect a 'page' of gifts, then I have only 45 gifts! And the last time I did there was only 5 gifts! Yes--5 gifts!

What is happening to my gifts?

I think I am going to love the new 'game' and thanks for all the new thingys
Old Sep 03 2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Betty Nelson View Post
I have an 'issue' today
After I collect my gifts and go to the farm to disperse them, I do not have as many as I 'collected'.
Like, I collect a 'page' of gifts, then I have only 45 gifts! And the last time I did there was only 5 gifts! Yes--5 gifts!

Hi Ellen - I know its an old cliche but have you tried emptying your cache and macromedia files?

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 03 2012, 08:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I have an 'issue' today

It could be phantom gifts, after you accept your gifts and empty your gift box, just reload the game and see if the gifts reappear, if not then they should be new gifts the next time you get gifts and if you still don't get all of them then there is a problem, but, if after you reload the game and the gifts are there again it might be you have phantom gifts, that is once you accept a gift the empty gift goes back into your waiting gifts, if that happens try clearing your cache, cookies, and history and then reload to see if the gifts have vanished.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 03 2012, 09:04 AM

to the one who said that I have no right to complain because it's my choice to not buy the trains. Sorry I can complain because I don't have the money to buy them #1, and #2, if I did ever have the $ to buy them, I'd buy maybe 2 out of the 10 available. My choice shouldn't be not work almost anyone's facilities and expect to get anything, or to buy the trains that I don't otherwise need just do I can actually get something for working someone's facilities. I make UNDER 80% of the federal poverty level, don't have medicaid, have a lot of mental health expenses, and need a car to get anywhere, while living in an expensive car insurance area, so I don't have ANY money to use on the game; I actually get help from my family to make ends meet, and I don't go out to eat (I buy takeout 4 times a year, if that), I use coupons and such to save money, NEVER buy anything full price, etc. Whenever I do have excess, I try to buy some FB credits (or at least I did; haven't tried since FB changed it's policy), but that happens once a year if that. Twenty five dollars every year is not enough to try to come close to keeping up with everything #1, #2, I have 30 million xp, so I could stop playing for a year and still be top level, #3, I shouldn't need to buy something I otherwise would NEVER go near in order to get anything from working others' facilities.

Kitt - do you not understand the point? I don't complain if I come in 5th to begin with; I do that one farm and then close out the window and go to someone else's farms to work their facilities. If I am FIRST however, then I should stay that way if my computer is capable (and it is) regardless of whether I spend 40+ real dollars on these ludicrous, mostly worthless, trains. That is the point.
Old Sep 03 2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanettemt View Post
Too bad more and more items require farm cash now. I've lost a lot of neighbors because they refuse to use real money to play this game. Oh well...
I love this game

But I was wondering how can we tell [from the 'send gifts' page] which of our neighbors no longer play the game? Would be nice to know so we don't waste time sending them gifts if they no longer are playing.
I know that 'we' are supposed to un-friend everyone when we 'quit', but lots of people don't. And then there are those people, who are just 'on vacation' for a few weeks or a bit longer, so we don't want to lose them.
So what to do?
Old Sep 03 2012, 09:51 AM

Love the green hand - but please please please can we put non-harvestable trees (like the small pine trees) on top of hills and things - and please can the train tracks go on top of paths.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 03 2012, 09:53 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
I love this game

But I was wondering how can we tell [from the 'send gifts' page] which of our neighbors no longer play the game? Would be nice to know so we don't waste time sending them gifts if they no longer are playing.
I know that 'we' are supposed to un-friend everyone when we 'quit', but lots of people don't. And then there are those people, who are just 'on vacation' for a few weeks or a bit longer, so we don't want to lose them.
So what to do?
Hi there,

Really the best way to know is just to ask your friends. You could try visiting each farm and if you get to one which is only displaying ground cover, no crops trees etc then they have not played Ft in over a month and their farm has been archived.

For gifting, some members create a friends list with current FT players in it and then use it to gift to just those players. Once you've created one, all you do is select the gift to send then click on "Facebook Friends list" tab, choose the friends list from the drop down menu, the window will reload to show you those friends, click to select them and send the gifts.

If you use that method you will have to remember to add any new friends to the list when you add more neighbours or re add friends that start playing again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread