Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 07 2024, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraN View Post
When we moved away from Facebook, I was told that Buddies would be able to fill in ports on our ships. Was I imagining that? I have someone who I thought was a buddy that was on my last few ships but when I went to prep this ship, he isn't available, and I know his port is open.
Hi VeraN

I'm not sure who told you that, but since we got the Ships feature they were only available to send to our neighbors.

You can send trains boosts to neighbors and buddies but ships are only for neighbors.
Old Sep 16 2024, 05:39 PM

I have a neighbor in my ship list that is red. When the ship gets to that port, it sits there. Shouldn't it skip to the next one like it does when the person turns off their port?
Old Sep 16 2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
I have a neighbor in my ship list that is red. When the ship gets to that port, it sits there. Shouldn't it skip to the next one like it does when the person turns off their port?
Hi RFMad

When you see a neighbor in red in your ship list, that means that person only set their status as unavailable but they didnt close their port.

To be able to skip that port automatically, your neighbor should have closed the port and also set the status as unavailable. In that case you should see them in pink, not red, and the port should be automatically skipped.

From the Website game guide:

Example of Unavailable in Ships Logbooks:
Mouseover a Port with a red background and you will see a tooltip with more information about how long they will be away for. For example it could show you This port is unavailable and will become operational in 4 days. They have not closed their Port, they might be expecting to be able to return to the game sooner than 4 days.

Remember that the pink background means that the farmer HAS disabled their port. They may not be participating with ships OR they may be away on a vacation for an extended time. Mouseover the Port and it will show you a tooltip saying This port is out of service. When the background colour is pink you may prefer to replace them with a port that is currently open.

If they do both things, set themselves as unavailable and disable their port the background in ships logbooks defaults to pink. They may not be away for long so if you own the Overhead Cranes you could self load their port if you wish or you can skip that port instead of replacing it. When this happens, you can still check how long they are away for in your Neighbours bar or in your Farmers Lists.

You can find it in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...78#post6574778
Old Sep 16 2024, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi RFMad

When you see a neighbor in red in your ship list, that means that person only set their status as unavailable but they didnt close their port.

To be able to skip that port automatically, your neighbor should have closed the port and also set the status as unavailable. In that case you should see them in pink, not red, and the port should be automatically skipped.

From the Website game guide:

Example of Unavailable in Ships Logbooks:
Mouseover a Port with a red background and you will see a tooltip with more information about how long they will be away for. For example it could show you This port is unavailable and will become operational in 4 days. They have not closed their Port, they might be expecting to be able to return to the game sooner than 4 days.

Remember that the pink background means that the farmer HAS disabled their port. They may not be participating with ships OR they may be away on a vacation for an extended time. Mouseover the Port and it will show you a tooltip saying This port is out of service. When the background colour is pink you may prefer to replace them with a port that is currently open.

If they do both things, set themselves as unavailable and disable their port the background in ships logbooks defaults to pink. They may not be away for long so if you own the Overhead Cranes you could self load their port if you wish or you can skip that port instead of replacing it. When this happens, you can still check how long they are away for in your Neighbours bar or in your Farmers Lists.

You can find it in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...78#post6574778
Thank you. I understand now.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port