Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 03 2024, 08:34 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default hiring and tools

I have been hiring in the market place, and I am finding that they are not able to use my tools. I have it check in the list but a lot of farmers can't access them. Is there something I need to do so they can use them.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 03 2024, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki77 View Post
I have been hiring in the market place, and I am finding that they are not able to use my tools. I have it check in the list but a lot of farmers can't access them. Is there something I need to do so they can use them.
Hi nikki,
I moved your post to the thread about hiring.
Try doing a mock hire in the market or with a neighbor and uncheck the box for using your tools. Don't complete the hire, but close it when you get to the second pop up.

Then go to the market to hire again to hire and check the box for tools going on and hiring for the job.

It could just be that those you have hired do not understand what tools they can use. They should be handed the largest tool for the first job on the farm, but some do not understand and drop it for one of their own. I have had lower level players come to my farm , but they use their own smaller tool for harvesting until I explain to them they can use my larger ones and tell them where to find it and what colors it is.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 06 2024, 11:35 AM

I have noticed this same problem since the last update. I even ask the farmers and they are saying the tools are not available for them to use....even though they know how to.

Thanks,
Tracie
Old Jul 06 2024, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracieCooper View Post
I have noticed this same problem since the last update. I even ask the farmers and they are saying the tools are not available for them to use....even though they know how to.
Hi TracieCooper,
Only thing I can suggest is make sure that you have the check in the box for allowing them to use your tools. We have not been able to duplicate this unless it is someone new who doesn't know how to get to the right tools. When they land on the farm to work they should already be handed the best tool for the job, be it your or theirs.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 07 2024, 09:48 AM

When being the person getting hired, I would like to see the notification of neighbor or buddy. That way I can turn down the job. I have gotten hired many times by neighbors or buddies and not known it until I've accepted the job. If I message them why I don't want the job, after accepting it, I have been called a liar, so now I just waste my time doing jobs that don't help me with farm pass stuff.
Old Jul 07 2024, 06:26 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
When being the person getting hired, I would like to see the notification of neighbor or buddy. That way I can turn down the job. I have gotten hired many times by neighbors or buddies and not known it until I've accepted the job. If I message them why I don't want the job, after accepting it, I have been called a liar, so now I just waste my time doing jobs that don't help me with farm pass stuff.
Hi petals,

Sorry it's taken so long to see this post and reply to you.

I have moved your post from suggestions to help and support as you should be seeing the indicator of who is hiring you in the hire offer you receive so that you could reject it if you wished.

Examples so you know where that would show up:

The person hiring you should also see a blue or green indicator when they click on your avatar to know that you were either a neighbour or a buddy. If they see that then they don't have to hire you. That blue or green indicator would show to them underneath your avatar name as long as you were on one of their lists.

Could it be possible that these were very recent neighbours or buddies and that you or they may not have reloaded the game after accepting a request, before going to market to be hired?

If it's not that:
  • Are they showing up on your neighbours list or on your buddy list
  • Are they seeing you on their neighbours list or on their buddy list.

If one of you can not see the other in your neighbours list or buddy list then that could be what the problem is.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 09 2024, 05:36 PM

to chose whether to have them as a buddy or neighbor
Old Jul 09 2024, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
to chose whether to have them as a buddy or neighbor
Hi petals

I moved your post to the thread where your last post was moved and answered.

Please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662782

If that is not what you need, then please explain us which is the problem you are having.

Last edited by marymarcel; Jul 09 2024 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jul 30 2024, 05:52 AM

Default Non-neighbors

Why does it seem like that you make more coins from a non-neighbor?
Thanks
Old Jul 30 2024, 09:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottond View Post
Why does it seem like that you make more coins from a non-neighbor?
Thanks
Hi Cottond,
I moved your post to the thread about hiring and the bonus chest.
It is set up that you do get extra for getting hired by a stranger in the market to promote that type of interaction work.

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring all farms, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info