Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 21 2020, 11:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmcclune View Post
I have been receiving gifts from friends but I can't use them. They just pile up. Help!! Ellen
Hi Ellen,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts as that is what you are asking about.
Could you please explain what you mean by you can't use them?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 21 2020, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadiana1 View Post
i have tried fixing the issues mentioned many times. not working. am willing to bet someone screwed up some coding . please either fix this mess so i can get my friend fuel or put it back the way it was.
Hi Mamadiana,
I am sorry, but there is nothing Farm Town can do to fix the issues with Chrome browser. It is not a coding problem with the game.

If you have tried all the suggestions for trying to fix the issues with Chrome and they haven't worked then the only thing we can suggest is using a different browser for accepting your gifts and posting facility work, bonuses and ingredient requests. Do make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in any browser you choose to use.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 22 2020, 11:06 AM

That is the issue I have. Firefox and IE are TERRIBLE when it comes to actual gameplay for me. Opera is ok but freezes too much. I have used Chrome for years now because it is the BEST at the game play. The gifting error a year or so ago seemed to affect Firefox more than others and still on Firefox on this computer I cannot accept gifts. On my Surface Pro Firefox I can accept gifts but hameplay is horrid. It seems just silly to have different browsers for gameplay. I DO pay a lot of $$$ for fc to play this game and seems to me somehow, this should be worked out to help us all and another issue is Flash Player. I heard it is not going to be around after Dec 202o. What then????
Old Mar 22 2020, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
That is the issue I have. Firefox and IE are TERRIBLE when it comes to actual gameplay for me. Opera is ok but freezes too much. I have used Chrome for years now because it is the BEST at the game play. The gifting error a year or so ago seemed to affect Firefox more than others and still on Firefox on this computer I cannot accept gifts. On my Surface Pro Firefox I can accept gifts but hameplay is horrid. It seems just silly to have different browsers for gameplay. I DO pay a lot of $$$ for fc to play this game and seems to me somehow, this should be worked out to help us all and another issue is Flash Player. I heard it is not going to be around after Dec 202o. What then????
Hi Riap,
You were already answered about what they are doing for the end of Flash, so I will not go into that again here.
For you Chrome may work best, but for me Firefox works best. We have the instructions for allowing cookies and pop ups in Firefox so you can accept gifts in the following link. They do work for gifts as I have done this on mine and have no problems with gifts. The problem a year ago was that Firefox changed how you have to allow those. Here is the link for those instructions:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

For Chrome I am sorry, but Farm Town has no way to fix this for you as it is a problem in Chrome and we do not have a way for Farm Town to fix it. The only suggestions we have that you can try are in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If those don't work then I can only suggest is to find another browser you can use for accepting gifts and posting facility work, bonuses and ingredient requests.
Old Mar 22 2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post

Hi I am also having this issue in Chrome at the moment but I can receive through Firfox. I have often found that if there is an issue with Chrome I will play through Firefox and it will be ok, so I constantly switch between the two to get around the problem. Sometimes even for things like the game being slow it will work better in one than the other.

Cheers hope this helps.
Old Mar 23 2020, 02:19 AM

I have tried the suggestions above. I still am unable to accept gifts from neighbors nor am I able to clear the gifts that I have previously been unable to receive. I would greatly appreciate a tech support person to call me to assist me in making this feature work again.
Thank you!
Carol Furlong

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 23 2020 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Phone number removed
Old Mar 23 2020, 05:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfur View Post
I have tried the suggestions above. I still am unable to accept gifts from neighbors nor am I able to clear the gifts that I have previously been unable to receive. I would greatly appreciate a tech support person to call me to assist me in making this feature work again.
Thank you!
Carol Furlong
Hi Carol,

I'm sorry but we do not make phone calls to anyone. It's also not a good idea to post your phone number on an open forum as anyone would have access to it, so I have removed it from your post.

If you're using Chrome browser please see the post in the following link to see what you can try and all the issues with that browser at the moment. If those are the issues you are having then the easiest thing for you to do is to switch to another browser for the time being:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Current Issues

If you are not using Chrome please click that link anyway and try the 1st 3 items listed for the browser that you are using.
Old Mar 23 2020, 08:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to carlvogel Send a message via Skype™ to carlvogel

I am having problems excepting the gifts that were sent to me. I click on them and it tells me to try again later.
Old Mar 23 2020, 08:12 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlvogel View Post
I am having problems excepting the gifts that were sent to me. I click on them and it tells me to try again later.
Hi carlvogel,

There are issues with using Chrome browser at this time. If you're using that browser please see the post in the following link to see what you can try and all the issues with that browser at the moment. If those are the issues you are having then the easiest thing for you to do is to switch to another browser for the time being:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Current Issues

If you are not using Chrome please still click that link, and try the 1st 3 items listed for the browser that you are using.
Old Mar 23 2020, 08:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Please stop tinkering with the machinery --- every time you do, something always gets filed up! This time trains are always expired and can't send gifts! Please take an extended vacation and just let us farm in peace :-(

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows