Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 16 2012, 02:54 PM

Default China Buffet SERVICE FACILITY

OK....RAUL & DEVS..... All of our SERVICE FACILITIES use end products... When I was reading the new release and saw that we now had a China Buffet Service Facility, and read Rice and Mushrooms, I just figured you were in a hurry, and it was late and you just didn't type out the whole name of the product!
But I just purchased the China Buffet (and had already seen previous posts concerning this), so I had to add my comments.
I truly hope you are not offended and can take some constructive criticism... so here goes.

Rice... really....hmmm...REALLY!?!? Since I frequent a Chinese Buffet at least once a week, let me tell you, the next time they try to serve me raw rice will be the last time I eat there!!
Mushrooms...really...hmmm...REALLY!?!? Ditto above statement.
Watermelon...well, that IS an end product, once it is harvested and my local buffet always has several fresh fruits, including watermelon. OK, I'll give you that one!

Please rethink this one, and either delete/keep the RAW Rice and RAW Mushrooms (which are NOT end products) and ADD/SUBSTITUTE the Fried Rice we have in the Chinese Restaurant and the Grilled Mushrooms from the Vegetarian Restaurant.

If you see my previous post, I really didn't mind you changing the bananas to plantain chips, although I CAN understand some peoples' objections.

Please reconsider this quickly and don't wait several months to change it. Please??

Thanks for reading.
Deborah
Old Feb 16 2012, 04:39 PM

FYI, for those inquiring about the raw rice and mushrooms thing. I believe it's because the chinese buffet is a coin facility. To have it stocked with majority (and I mean vast majority) FC items doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, as an aside, every chinese buffet I've ever seen has had two kinds of rice - white and fried.
Old Feb 16 2012, 04:44 PM

Default "Quest"ion:

I, too, am confused by the new quests. For the most part I haven't had too many problems, but the big sticky for me are these new lifelines, which are chosen FOR us and may not necessarily be helpful towards quest completion.

For example: My friend needed a chicken to complete a quest, but she doesn't have the semi. Chicken is a gift item, so she opted to use the lifeline, to be able to receive the chicken as a gift, but she got the scythe as her lifeline instead. She had already harvested all the crops she needed for her chicken burger, so this quest is now over for her, as chickens can't be harvested and her lifeline option has been used. What kind of a lifeline is that?

I am wondering about the "trade" option. I completed all the steps I needed to make a saddle, but don't own the FC factory that actually makes them. I opted to use the lifeline to see if I could trade for one. The lifeline I got was the gift option. Saddles cannot be gifted, so I'm stuck. I then worked a friend's factories, hoping that I could use a saddle from that, but it didn't work. Can I go to market and try to trade something for a saddle, with the gift lifeline, or do I need the trade lifeline for that? If I do, why didn't I have the opportunity to choose the lifeline I need?

Please post clear instructions for these lifeline options so that players will know how and when to use them. It appears they are as random as the quests, and so, for many, won't be lifelines at all. What is the point?

Old Feb 16 2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meacara View Post
FYI, for those inquiring about the raw rice and mushrooms thing. I believe it's because the chinese buffet is a coin facility. To have it stocked with majority (and I mean vast majority) FC items doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, as an aside, every chinese buffet I've ever seen has had two kinds of rice - white and fried.
Well, yes, I WILL agree with you that every buffet I have seen has STEAMED and FRIED rice.... I have NEVER seen one that had raw rice. So, if we are to assume that this is STEAMED rice.... where did it come from?? I don't think there is a restaurant or facility that produces steamed rice!! Just MHO. And, like I stated before, ALL of the service facilities to this point, have used END PRODUCTS.
Old Feb 16 2012, 06:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosmiths View Post
I, too, am confused by the new quests. For the most part I haven't had too many problems, but the big sticky for me are these new lifelines, which are chosen FOR us and may not necessarily be helpful towards quest completion.

For example: My friend needed a chicken to complete a quest, but she doesn't have the semi. Chicken is a gift item, so she opted to use the lifeline, to be able to receive the chicken as a gift, but she got the scythe as her lifeline instead. She had already harvested all the crops she needed for her chicken burger, so this quest is now over for her, as chickens can't be harvested and her lifeline option has been used. What kind of a lifeline is that?

I am wondering about the "trade" option. I completed all the steps I needed to make a saddle, but don't own the FC factory that actually makes them. I opted to use the lifeline to see if I could trade for one. The lifeline I got was the gift option. Saddles cannot be gifted, so I'm stuck. I then worked a friend's factories, hoping that I could use a saddle from that, but it didn't work. Can I go to market and try to trade something for a saddle, with the gift lifeline, or do I need the trade lifeline for that? If I do, why didn't I have the opportunity to choose the lifeline I need?

Please post clear instructions for these lifeline options so that players will know how and when to use them. It appears they are as random as the quests, and so, for many, won't be lifelines at all. What is the point?

With the lifelines, regardless of which one you receive you cannot use it to get the final product that the quest is asking you to make. So if your quest is to produce a saddle then if you do not have the facility you will still not be able to finish it.

Because the lifeline is random there is no guarantee that you will be able to use it for what you need.
Trade lifeline: allows you to use products that your have brought off another farmer...you can only buy raw ingredients so you will not be able to use this to help if what u need help getting is something form a facility

Employee lifeline: you can get what you need by working someones farms i.e: by being hired to harvest/fish etc or by working someones facilities

Gift Lifeline: you can obtain what you need by posting an ingredients request for something that uses what you need and having a friend work it or if its an item on the gift page have someone gift form there
eg: my friend just needed scented candles to make candle lanterns and got the gift lifeline..I got her to post an ingredients request for candle lanterns and then i worked it for her and she got everything she needed for her quest

hope this helps
Old Feb 16 2012, 06:36 PM

To the developers - thank you for thinking of the poor people when you did this release. Although there are kinks to be worked out (my complaint and the lady above Deborah's complaint about the social lifeline not working well), thank you for at least trying to come up with a way for us without the FC facilities to complete the quests.

Also, in order to satisfy Deborah, and those of us who cannot afford a chinese restaurant, I think it would make sense for the vegetarian restaurant (coin facility) to make vegetable fried rice and white rice. Then instead of using the chinese restaurant fried rice, the chinese buffet could use the vegetable fried rice and white rice so as to not make it harder for the poor people to stock it. It could also use the mushrooms produced in the vegetarian restaurant instead of the raw mushrooms.

Sorry for the snarkiness above. However, the poorer people have a hard enough time as it is (I would love to be able to spend money on this game, but I hardly have enough for my necessities). I therefore despise it when someone is told of something that would make it harder for us and not care, or even try to come up with something that would satisfy both parties involved.
Old Feb 16 2012, 06:40 PM

Here is another gripe. I can understand you switching the snack facility plantain chips to needing plantains. It only makes sense. However, I find it ludicrous that you would do that before we even have any as it takes 3 days to harvest them. This should have been delayed by at least another two days in order to allow people to buy the trees and have any in stock to use towards the chips.
Old Feb 16 2012, 07:13 PM

I have been playing forever...or since April of '09. I am maxed out on levels and yes, I have bought farm cash. I have bought the tools, factories, and farm cash items for sale in the store that I wanted. I DO have to watch my money as everyone does, but this is my fun.

I was so excited to see the Latin resturant. I researched the dishes by looking up recipes. I planted what I thought they would use according to the new seeds that were released on the previous update.

Coriander (Cilantro) which is in almost every dish.
Chick Peas
saffron

I bought guava trees and waited on the plantains. (Yes, I am too upset about the bananas as I really filled up farm 13 with them so I would finally have enough). I hoped for red snapper in the sea coast and thought maybe we would get a new lime tree. I was very disappointed to see that we aren't using any of those seeds.

I will not buy (for now) anymore factories that use the metals. I am not going to waste my raw rice, watermelon, mushrooms, and maybe I will use the green tea. I will not use my fuel as I have lost to much fuel in updates.

Mine biggest gripe is WHY is every update geared around the metals? Why can't the factories be designed to use all the interesting seeds and trees you offer? That would make the game more challenging to figure out how to plant to have enough with the space we have to use.

I love the quests. The harder they are the better I like them. I like having a goal. I love Farm Town and I will not give up on it. Thanks for all you do for us.

Just a small rant.
Old Feb 16 2012, 08:38 PM

Thanks for clearing up the lifelines rules. Just so you know, making the saddle was not the final step in that particular quest, so I was hoping my lifeline would be useful some way.

I guess I still have an issue with them, being that once you've activated a lifeline in a quest, you are unable to activate a lifeline in any other quest you have running. That is clearly stated in the quests themselves. The quest I used as an example above, making the saddle, which was not the end point of that quest, expires in 5.4 days, so I will not be able to use a lifeline in another quest until this one expires.
Old Feb 16 2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
OK....RAUL & DEVS..... All of our SERVICE FACILITIES use end products... When I was reading the new release and saw that we now had a China Buffet Service Facility, and read Rice and Mushrooms, I just figured you were in a hurry, and it was late and you just didn't type out the whole name of the product!
But I just purchased the China Buffet (and had already seen previous posts concerning this), so I had to add my comments.
I truly hope you are not offended and can take some constructive criticism... so here goes.

Rice... really....hmmm...REALLY!?!? Since I frequent a Chinese Buffet at least once a week, let me tell you, the next time they try to serve me raw rice will be the last time I eat there!!
Mushrooms...really...hmmm...REALLY!?!? Ditto above statement.
Watermelon...well, that IS an end product, once it is harvested and my local buffet always has several fresh fruits, including watermelon. OK, I'll give you that one!

Please rethink this one, and either delete/keep the RAW Rice and RAW Mushrooms (which are NOT end products) and ADD/SUBSTITUTE the Fried Rice we have in the Chinese Restaurant and the Grilled Mushrooms from the Vegetarian Restaurant.

If you see my previous post, I really didn't mind you changing the bananas to plantain chips, although I CAN understand some peoples' objections.

Please reconsider this quickly and don't wait several months to change it. Please??

Thanks for reading.
Deborah
I agree with Deborah in the fact that you don't see raw materials at a buffet. A buffet would be a business that produces dishes made from these raw materials. But instead of removing the raw materials of: rice, mushrooms, noodles, fortune cookies, tea bags, and watermelon, you could salvage this huge mistake by simply renaming the facility to an Asian Market rather than a buffet. Markets even have fresh produce and meats that could add chickpeas and you could even have some finished products in the meat/produce section for the sushi rolls. We already have a Chinese restaurant, so we would not have a need for a Chinese Buffet, in fact the Chinese restaurant could even be a buffet style establishment.
Closed Thread