Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 03 2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy Gail View Post
I used my Farmtown coins on all purchases...
You can because you have 30 neighbors. She was referring to the fact if you do not (have 30 neighbors) you can still purchase it with Farmcash. Each upgrade also requires either 30 neighbors or Farmcash. Some who purchased the original 3rd farm with cash had the understanding that after that upgrades could be purchased with coins.
Old Apr 03 2010, 11:49 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Before we expand to the Oklahoma land rush ...
I am so ticked off this morning because TWICE - last night and this morning - I could not have one of my WELL ESTABLISHED NEIGHBORS hire me for his crop that was in - BECAUSE WHEN I WENT TO HIS FARM HE COULD NOT SEE ME. Neither could Dee last night see me when I went through the message jump, back to my farm, back to their farm, out of game to reload, out of game to reload what I already had loaded and was updated on Flash, back to game, finally back to their harvest where SOMEONE ELSE was already harvesting - and THEY STILL COULD NTO SEE ME even though I could see another avatar reaping the harvest that would have been mine for my kind neighbor. Now I wish you could address the regular ol' glitches like this with all this effort to expand.
Darn it. Talk about compromising the game enjoyment. I'm outta here today I'm so ticked. Not to mention I have other things to do besides goof off here. Sure not going to spend money when I cannot simply get from one farm to another and BE SEEN and BE HIRED BY MY NEIGHBORS. Im repeating myself. Please FIX THIS !!!!

I also HATE having to go through a FORUM where I could be posted to wrong link and NO ONE SEE IT AT TALL and never get ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE. Nevermind that it is supposed to be a free game - it is not - I have made my contributions - and yet no customer service for people that have actually paid real cash. No place for them to go...
You HEAR MY DISAPPOINTMENT when I have had wonderful experience for weeks. and now this. so this is a black mark. if I cannot enjoy the game...the game goes away.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 03 2010, 11:51 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by secannon View Post
I agree that the 30 neighbours requirement is ridiculous. I do NOT want to add total strangers as Facebook friends, thus giving them access to my wall, contact info, etc. Now, if I could have people as Farm Town neighbours WITHOUT having to add them as Facebook friends, it would be different. But I only add people I know as Facebook friends. Developers, either change the ridiculous 30 neighbours requirement, or let us add neighbours without having to add them as Facebook friends!
For all the people that don't want to share stuff with strangers this is how you can block them from seeing everything on your FB account except your name.

Go to fb click on account then edit friends, once that page comes up click on friends, now at the top of that list there will be create new list button click on that and now name it anything you want. You can add friends you have now to this list or leave it empty for now to add to later. Now go to privacy settings, everything that is on that list has a drop down menu click on it and click on customize and you now have two choices they are make this visible to and hide from. In the hide from box type in the name you gave the list of friends you made, click on that name when it comes up and the people on that list will not be able to see that information about you. Once you have that done click on back to privacy and click on contact information and do the same thing with the information there. Now you don't have to hide everything from them you can hide one category but not another category just depends on how you feel about that information. Now when you add a new friend there is an option when you send a friend request or accept a friend request to add them to a list. At this time if you want they can be added to that list you made and they will see only what you let people on that list see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisli View Post
Is the offer for free Farm Cash by downloading the application of the day only available for certain countries? The list in the Earn Coins tab is always empty for me.
Do you have an add blocker on your computer? If yes you will need to turn it off before going to the earn coins/cash tab, then you should see the offers. The app of the day is not there everyday but you should see one 2 or 3 times a week. Also remove the app if you are not going to use it, in the past they same app has come up again and you could add it again to get the app of the day. There are other offers out there that are free and say you need to give them correct information to get the FC other then email you don't need to give them correct information. You need to give them an email address you have accuse to because sometimes you have to send in a copy of the conformation email to get the fc. What I have done is set me up what I call a junk email account, it is an email account that I use for stuff like this that way all the spam you will get form it goes to that email account and I don't have it filling up my regular email account. This account doesn't have to be the same email you use for FB.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 03 2010, 11:57 AM

Level:
XP:

Got the third, the whole nine yards. Still haven't come up with a master plan, will grow crops in the meantime. This is great!
No problem with neighbor requirements, anyone I don't want on Facebook can be blocked. Friends that don't 'farm' isn't a problem, they can still be added as neighbors. They don't have to be active farmers. Those two steps take care of half the complaints against it.
I like working for what I have. I'd rather not have life handed to me on a silver 3rd farm.
Thanks devs! Regardless of what you do someone isn't going to like it. It doesn't mean it is all wrong.

Old Apr 03 2010, 12:20 PM
Account Not Linked

I do not want to be misunderstood here...I am not complaining at all about having to have 30 neighbours. If that is the requirement then so be it. My only complaint is that it was not clearly explained that you also have to have them AFTER your purchase the farm with FC. It was such a complete and total waste of $40 FC. I purchased the farm and then still had to go solicit neighbours to get the upgrades. Had I known that from the get-go I would have saved my FC to purchase a facility and went searching for the neighbours. I feel I just handed them my hard earned money for a mistake that they made in explaining it. HOWEVER, I do have a few emails out and I am hoping that they see there was a mistake made and reimburse me the FC and take a million coins for the cost of the farm.
Old Apr 03 2010, 12:30 PM

Level:
XP:

That's a very good point Len. You shouldn't have been allowed to spend that on a third farm without first having the neighbor requirement.

Old Apr 03 2010, 12:39 PM

when i read the 2 diffrent way's to buy it i right away knew if you choose the cash route then all of those would be cash unless you get 30 neighbors. it wouldnt get rid of the fact you need neighbors to buy with coins only with cash
Old Apr 03 2010, 01:00 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
when i read the 2 diffrent way's to buy it i right away knew if you choose the cash route then all of those would be cash unless you get 30 neighbors. it wouldnt get rid of the fact you need neighbors to buy with coins only with cash
When it was first released there was no explanation, no official thread. It was just THERE.Was fine for us, we had everything we needed as it worked out but for others, not so lucky.

Old Apr 03 2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenbennett View Post
I do not want to be misunderstood here...I am not complaining at all about having to have 30 neighbours. If that is the requirement then so be it. My only complaint is that it was not clearly explained that you also have to have them AFTER your purchase the farm with FC. It was such a complete and total waste of $40 FC. I purchased the farm and then still had to go solicit neighbours to get the upgrades. Had I known that from the get-go I would have saved my FC to purchase a facility and went searching for the neighbours. I feel I just handed them my hard earned money for a mistake that they made in explaining it. HOWEVER, I do have a few emails out and I am hoping that they see there was a mistake made and reimburse me the FC and take a million coins for the cost of the farm.
I agree with Len that the explanation is rather vague.
Old Apr 03 2010, 01:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy Gail

I pop on here from time to time...

All I have seen are ppl complaining that the game wasn't like this farm game and that one...

Well now the Devs have made it challenging for you...and ya'll still complain...

Please Give Me The Patience To Deal With Stupid People And For Courage To Tolerate Their Ignorance, Because Lord Knows If I Ask For Strength, I Will Beat Them To Death."

Gail Storm 2009 Copyright All Rights Reserved ©
Closed Thread