Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:57 PM

Default 2 employees is all you need

I have a autoclicker it is not cheating just a better mouse trap and it works well on this new **** to you still have to put in the work i have a lot of people who have me do there farm cause they are busy people and i get it done fast just like real life if you can find a tool to do the job better you will buy it.i never have any problems when i work on a farm with 2 farmers on it you start putting 5 to 6 sometimes 10 game starts locking up computers you cant harvest anything limit the number of farmers on a farm and speed up the game cause its no fun the way it is now hurts your eyes and cant get nothing done in the market
Account Not Linked

Now that I've had an opportunity to try the new plowing method (haven't tried harvesting yet), I've found it's not NEAR as bad as everyone is claiming. Yeah, it's slower, and I don't like that, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before they introduced the queued plowing. At least the avatar hops from one square to the next (most of the time, unless it's traveling a long distance), instead of walking all over the farm to get to a square right next to the one it just did.

My main complaint is that the red/green square seems to be even more inaccurate than before, making me RECLICK the square 2, 3, 4, or more times before it "takes". PLEASE give us yellow highlighting, instead!

If you can fix the plowing accuracy to where we almost never have to reclick a square, I can live with this new change.
The mansion is STILL available at 150,000 points and 1 million coins, just like it always was. Only the level number has changed. Don't look at the level number; look only at the XP and coins, which HAVE NOT CHANGED.

There is a known issue with levels for those with 1 million XP or more, and the devs are working on it. Please read the first post in the following thread and follow the instructions:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264634
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler45 View Post
paying for FC and paying to play the game are very different.

Some people can't get fast internet because of where they live.. oh wait, that is their problem, not yours right???

That's WHY is aid to put them on their own 56k server... Then they can play at what they PAY for, And I'll play at what I pay for...

Let me guess... You bought a Cavalier, and complained that you couldn't race the Ferraris?????????????
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:58 PM
Account Not Linked

i can't stand the new way. you have to plow areas close to one another or risk your avatar wandering around aimlessley. i hate to be hired to harvest or plow now it makes it too difficult.

I didn't like how slow it was to work today, but definitely see how it could eliminate some of the aggressive behaviours when several people are hired. Of course, that is also eliminated when the farmer only hires one or two to work a big farm! I think that's what most of us at higher levels have learned to do. I personallly didn't have the problem with lost coins/pts, but for those who did, I'm sure any fix to that is worth the trade-off in speed. I appreciate you explaining what was done and why.
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambitt View Post
That's WHY is aid to put them on their own 56k server... Then they can play at what they PAY for, And I'll play at what I pay for...

Let me guess... You bought a Cavalier, and complained that you couldn't race the Ferraris?????????????
nah. i don't race...
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Question It worked fine before, what the hey?

All you had to do was wait on the farm you were hired on until the counter showing your xp and coins quit running by your avatar. Once it stopped and you were just zipping around the farm to the field patches you could leave as all your counters were done properly. If you left before the on screen little words weren't done running through, yea, you would lose your hard work. It was pretty simple I thought. The now very slow harvesting and plowing is no good.
You make this game too difficult cause every time you change something FarmTown is full of glitches for days after that.
I haven't gone to Farmville cause I think it is corny, but most of my neighbors and fb friends have because of the constant glitches.
And I am hovering in level 60 waiting for something new to happen.

Hello...

Just one problem that I know of.. I have been hired out of the market several times tonight.. and each time I would harvest.. the person was nice enough to hire me to plow and which my Avatar would FREEZE.. each instance was that way.. I had to wait until the Avatar cleared and caught up or refreshed the entire game and lost coins.. and then no PLOW for me.. Please help
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Unhappy RE: Loss of points, money, and now time

It has happened to me many times, to the point that I started writing down my money and points each time I went to a farm. But after a while I realized I was not really losing the points and money. What appeared to be happening was I was clicking on a plot, and getting the money for harvesting or the points for plowing, regardless of whether or not someone had beat me to the plot. When I left the farm, my money or xp's would read much higher than when I reloaded and they went down. I think they were just adjusted to what I actually earned at the other farm, not what was reflected on my screen when I left. I started counting my clicks as I was harvesting, and waiting on a farm until all harvesting was done. Some of the plots that I got paid for were actually not mine. Same on another farm with plowing. I think once the game catches up, it is adjusted correctly, at least in my case.

With the new changes, after today I will not hire or hire myself out. A lot of players are students or have jobs. A person can harvest a REAL farm in the amount of time it takes to harvest for someone. Everyone's time is important, and a game is supposed to be fun. Although I love the game, I do not have the time to spare. Most people would play for an hour or 2 and take care of their own farm(s) and then maybe take on a couple of jobs. The time to do that now has doubled, and that's without hiring out. I don't think many people have 4 or 5 hours to spare in order to do what you did in an hour. Developers need to take into consideration the time involved in order to play this game.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler45 View Post
paying for FC and paying to play the game are very different.

Some people can't get fast internet because of where they live.. oh wait, that is their problem, not yours right???
Yeah that's right. Where I live, we didn't get DSL till last year. So if there was a game that I couldn't play because my slow dial up wouldn't let me I didn't play it. I didn't blame it on people with a faster connection than me and demand that they suffer along with me.
Closed Thread