View Single Post
Old Feb 27 2021, 06:04 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Canning View Post
This is not really a problem, but on all browsers I get a message saying web gl2 not supported, switching to web gl1. Will it be a problem as more is added? Also get this on my other 2 accounts

Hi Susan,

If you are being switched to WebGL1 which is the older version then it sounds like either the browser you are using or your OS isn't supporting WebGL2.

The most common browsers Edge, Chrome, Opera, Firefox for example do support WebGL2 which is capable of better resolutions which you would probably notice far more in something like a high impact action game rather than Farm Town at the moment. As I understand it if you're a mac user or using Safari you may still be limited to WebGL1. That may also be dependent on the OS version, I am not 100% sure about that as none of us use Macs, nor do I know if it will stay that way for Mac users. As far as I know Mac users that have been having difficulties due to older OS have been able to play with Opera, but I don't know if they are also limited to WebGL1.

If you're not a mac user and aren't using one of the popular browsers, you could try those and see if you get to use Web GL2 in those so you can compare the difference. Other than that I can't tell you what is in the future of Farm Town, the concentration right now, is getting the rest of the features added back and performing right.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.