Thread: Official Top Post Thread Freight Trains
View Single Post
Old Aug 23 2022, 08:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaMHS70 View Post
I have three trains out that each have ten long cars....Farm 12, FArm 19 and Farm 29. I cannot get the mayor to work all my farms. what can be done to correct this problem. Your Facebook USER ID number is: 605472072
Hi LindaMHS70,

I've had a look at your trains and there are problems with two of your dispatched trains.

The train on Farm 19 doesn't have the long animal car correctly connected.
The train on your Farm 29 doesn't have the long tank car and the long refrigerated car correctly connected.
This is why the mayor is not doing the full amount of facility work for you when you work friends facilities.

Although the train highlight looks ok on them, that's not the best way to ensure the locomotive and long cars are correctly connected before you dispatch them, especially if you were to move them or add more to them over time.

What you will need to do is wait for each of those trains to return home, unload it, then try reconnecting the long cars again but ONLY use the Yellow Hand in the tool box to reconnect them. Do not use the Freestyle Farm Designer hands as those can cause problems with connecting the locomotive and long cars correctly as they can allow overlapping.

Where you have a lot of items very close to the train and in one case underneath the train you may need to move or remove some so that you have enough space to be able to do it.
Please remember that if you need to move or store any facilities that you do NOT store any facilities that are part of this weeks NCC contest or that will cause you to abandon the contest and there is no way to get you back into it.

Once you have reconnected the locomotive and long cars and BEFORE you dispatch it you need to open each train (either from the train itself or via the train manager) and check the Freight Cars Section of that train and see if all of the long cars you attached to the locomotive are all showing up with a white background and not dimmed out.

Only the long cars that are correctly connected will not be dimmed out.
Any that are, are either not on that train or are not correctly connected.

Once you are sure you have all the long cars showing up in the Freight cars section of that train, then you can dispatch it again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.