Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors & Super Neighbors (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

Taz D Oct 13 2011 12:25 AM

Neighbors & Super Neighbors

To see the current updates and ask any questions about what is currently available to see and do in FarmTown at this time please click on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134

This thread is for reporting problems concerning neighbors. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide: Chapter 05 - Neighbors
Everything you need to know about Neighbors and Super Neighbours is included there.

Need More Neighbors? Go here: FACEBOOK Neighbors Requests

Important Things to Remember:

1. ALL requests are counted towards your daily limit. Therefore, send out Neighbor requests BEFORE gift requests.

2. For two players to become neighbors with each other, BOTH players need to send out and accept neighbor requests.
  • If you want a friend as a Neighbour, YOU must send the request for them to accept.
  • If they want you as a Neighbour, THEY must send you a request for you to accept.

3. The Neighbors Limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so the number of neighbours you can have can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.
When you reach your limit of neighbors, in the My Neighbours tab, you will see some red text near the top of the page telling you that you have reached your limit. It looks like this:

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...L RED TEXT.PNG

When this happens, you can not add more neighbours.
What you CAN do, is see if any of your current neighbours have stopped playing. If they have you can decide whether or not to replace them with someone who is currently active in the game.
To change your neighbours, you will need to remove some before you can add more.
Look in the My Neighbours tab and use the following filter option:
Sort Players By: "Activity" and remove the check mark for "Show Active Players Only"
Then look at the dates showing in each of your friends boxes with a blue background, to see if anyone has not played in a while that you can remove as a neighbour to add someone else.

4. The Super Neighbors Limit is also based on Neighbours ID's. Approximately 20 Neighbors should be fine. If you try to add a super neighbour and have run out of room to add any more you will see a popup telling you that.
  • To find out how many Super Neighbours you have, click on anyone's picture in the Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen and click on "Order by Super-Neighbour". Then count all the ones with a red dot on their picture. You may need to scroll the Neighbours bar if you have more than a few.
  • Neighbours with purple dot are the friends who have set you as their Super Neighbour.
  • To find out what all the coloured dots mean see the following post in the Game Guide: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...86#post3355286

5. If you want to remove someone from being your friend on Facebook Go to their farm FIRST and make sure you remove yourself as being their Neighbour and Buddy, then remove them as your Neighbour before you remove the friend connection. Full instructions, if you need them, are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...06#post3646106

6. Archived Farms. Farms that have not been played in some time will become 'archived'. So if you notice a neighbors farm is empty this is likely what has happened. You will see a message telling you what the farm owner needs to do. Once that user visits the game, their farm will be reinstated.

7. Visiting/Tending Neighbors. You earn 30 XP for each neighbor whose farm you tend (watering, raking, etc) within a 24-hour period up to a limit of 100 visits. After that you will earn 1 XP. You can only tend each neighbor once a day.

This thread is for players to report problems or questions only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

vonalm Jul 01 2019 09:43 AM

Super Neighbor

i'd like for my super neighbor to be able to design all of my farms but i only seems to be able to permanently hire her for one farm at a time.
what am i doing wrong?
thanks

Taz D Jul 01 2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 6307978)
Super Neighbor

i'd like for my super neighbor to be able to design all of my farms but i only seems to be able to permanently hire her for one farm at a time.
what am i doing wrong?
thanks

Hi Vonalm,
You can only hire them for 1 farm at a time. That is the way the developers set it up.

Myrtle14 Aug 12 2019 06:32 PM

Super-neighbour

Hi is there a way you can tell on someone's farm the actual farms that need work doing? I have been added as a super-neighbour and I have to visit every farm (40) to see what work needs doing, wondered if I am missing an easy trick, TIA

marymarcel Aug 12 2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrtle14 (Post 6311986)
Hi is there a way you can tell on someone's farm the actual farms that need work doing? I have been added as a super-neighbour and I have to visit every farm (40) to see what work needs doing, wondered if I am missing an easy trick, TIA

Hi Myrtle14 :)

I moved your post to the thread for Neighbors and Superneighbors.

We have a tool which allows you to check available work on your Supernieghbors farms.

It is called Mobile Lookout Tower. You find it in the Store under Tools tab and it costs 100 farmcash. You have to place it in your storage.

You have a description on how to use it in the following link from our Game Guide:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6043214

Snowbabe Sep 12 2019 12:54 PM

Cannot add new FT neighbors

I have some new friends on Facebook who I would like to become FT neighbors. I only have 80 neighbors. They are not listed under Friends to become receive neighbor request.

Tiger Sep 12 2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowbabe (Post 6315866)
I have some new friends on Facebook who I would like to become FT neighbors. I only have 80 neighbors. They are not listed under Friends to become receive neighbor request.

Hi Snowbabe,

I have moved your post to the thread about Neighbours.

It can take a day or two for Facebook to add new friends to the list. You can usually speed this up by running memcache, however if it does not work you will just have to wait a while.

When you have finished adding new friends run memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and look for you new friends again.

BethFB Oct 16 2019 11:21 AM

Super neighbor question.

When we make someone a SN, can they use our tools or are they stuck using their own on our farms?

I really want to know as I have a new player as a SN since I am helping them get up in levels on the game and I want to help her out as much as possible.

Thank you.

Taz D Oct 16 2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6320422)
When we make someone a SN, can they use our tools or are they stuck using their own on our farms?

I really want to know as I have a new player as a SN since I am helping them get up in levels on the game and I want to help her out as much as possible.

Thank you.

HI BethFB,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about super neighbors. They can use your tools on your farms as long as you check the boxes to allow them to do so. The boxes to allow them to do the jobs you want to allow them to do are in the SN setup.

BethFB Oct 16 2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6320430)
HI BethFB,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about super neighbors. They can use your tools on your farms as long as you check the boxes to allow them to do so. The boxes to allow them to do the jobs you want to allow them to do are in the SN setup.

Okay, they will be able to as I checked the boxes for them to use.

craftywoman29 Oct 30 2019 10:48 AM

Losing Active Neighbors

This morning, I have suddenly only ONE active neighbor in the My Neighbors tab. Several others whom I know absolutely are active (my husband in the same room is one) are showing as inactive with 0 coins, on 0 level, with no XP. I can't work on their farms - I get a message that says "This invitation is for my friends only." Everything was fine last night! What the hey?? :confused:

Taz D Oct 30 2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftywoman29 (Post 6327286)
This morning, I have suddenly only ONE active neighbor in the My Neighbors tab. Several others whom I know absolutely are active (my husband in the same room is one) are showing as inactive with 0 coins, on 0 level, with no XP. I can't work on their farms - I get a message that says "This invitation is for my friends only." Everything was fine last night! What the hey?? :confused:

Hi craftywoman,
I moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors.

It is most likely that the data from Facebook just didn't complete loading for the others. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Are you seeing your neighbors in the neighbor bar under your farms?

craftywoman29 Oct 30 2019 11:14 AM

That did it, Taz! Thanks so much! (Yes, I was still seeing them on the bar below) Whee!!!!!

judyjor714@att.net Nov 29 2019 02:56 PM

Request to be someone else's neighbor

How do I request that someone else add me to their neighbor list?:

marymarcel Nov 29 2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judyjor714@att.net (Post 6332050)
How do I request that someone else add me to their neighbor list?:

Hi judyjor :)

You both have to be friends on facebook.

If that person is already your neighbor, then you can send them an ingame message by clicking in their picture in the neighbors bar below the game screen and choosing "Send a message to..."

Or you can chat with them on Facebook and ask them to send you a Neighbor's request.

That request will show up in your My Requests tab and you have to accept it.

All information about neighbors is in our Game Guide in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314834

In case you want to ask for neighbors, we have an open thread where you can post. Please be sure to read the first post, first page of that thread for instructions:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Mary-Ann Evans Dec 08 2019 10:40 AM

my "my neighbors" page

i have had a problem with my neighbor page for quite some time now...it will only load about a third of the way...i want to delete some and add new neighbors...and can't without seeing their last playing date...thanks for any help!!

Taz D Dec 08 2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary-Ann Evans (Post 6332838)
i have had a problem with my neighbor page for quite some time now...it will only load about a third of the way...i want to delete some and add new neighbors...and can't without seeing their last playing date...thanks for any help!!

Hi Mary-Ann,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors.

Are you able to scroll down any with the mouse wheel?
If the rest is not loading try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

If that doesn't work then you may have too many Facebook friends that play or have played Farm Town. Facebook limits how many they will load. You can try setting it at the top to active players only to see if that will limit it to a smaller group.

Callie2015 Jul 17 2020 02:27 AM

Neighbours not showing

I have added new friends who play Farm Town but the do not show up in "My Neighbours". Need help with this issue. Thank you

Tiger Jul 17 2020 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callie2015 (Post 6368230)
I have added new friends who play Farm Town but the do not show up in "My Neighbours". Need help with this issue. Thank you

Hi Callie,

I have moved you post to the thread related to your issue.
We always keep related posts together so it's easier to find any information for any particular subject.

It can take Facebook a couple of days to add your new friends to the My Neighbiour tab. What you can do is try clearing your memcache. This ususlly works to speed up the process. If it doesn't, you just need to wait a day or two and they should show up.

To clear your memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check the My Neighbour tab for your new friends.

macwinter Jul 18 2020 01:31 PM

I am not sure this is the correct location, but I can not sell to my neighbor. Her sale request came through to me, but all mine said "Sale offer sent" and she did not receive them. Help. Could it be my browser??

Taz D Jul 18 2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macwinter (Post 6368398)
I am not sure this is the correct location, but I can not sell to my neighbor. Her sale request came through to me, but all mine said "Sale offer sent" and she did not receive them. Help. Could it be my browser??

Hi Macwinter,
The way you are describing this it would be she was trying to sell to you, not you to her. Your neighbor would not send a sale request first.

For you to sell to her you need to send the sale request to her with the amount you are offering of whatever item you are selling to her and the price level you are selling it for.

lowylee Jul 21 2020 01:39 AM

Problems in working my neighbour's facilities and clients

I can't work the facilities for one of my neighbour Xiao Xiao's posting. After I click the posting and entered into the farm, the message said the post is only for friends. I have been Xiao Xiao's neighbour for many many years already.

peekachoo Jul 21 2020 03:25 AM

Adding neighbours

Sorry folks, I didn't know where else to put this query.

2 days ago I added someone as a friend on Facebook as I knew he played FT. Since then I have been trying to add him as a neighbour, but his name just isn't showing up on the My Neighbours tab, nor can I invite him. I have deleted a couple of neighbours since who had stopped playing, and I don't think my neighbour list is completely full, so what can I do ? Do I just hang on and see if my friend suddenly appears on the list ?

Tiger Jul 21 2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowylee (Post 6368658)
I can't work the facilities for one of my neighbour Xiao Xiao's posting. After I click the posting and entered into the farm, the message said the post is only for friends. I have been Xiao Xiao's neighbour for many many years already.

Hi lowylee,

I have moved your post to the thread related to your issue.
We always keep related posts together so it's easier to find any information for any particular subject.

Go to your friends Facebook profile and makes sure it's till showing that you are friends.

If you are, then have a look for your friend in the My Neighbours tab and see if all thier stats are showing 0. If they are, then that's what the problem is. There is a data retrieval issue getting the information from Facebook that they are still your friend. You can try running memcache and see if it will resolve that, but generlly you can't do anything about it and it will resolve itself over the next few days or week. In the meantime until it does resolve you won't be able to work thier facilities or do things like boost thier trains.

If you would like to try clearing your FT memcache. Here are the instructions in case you need them:

Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check thier stat in the My Neighbours tab aagain.

Tiger Jul 21 2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekachoo (Post 6368662)
Sorry folks, I didn't know where else to put this query.

2 days ago I added someone as a friend on Facebook as I knew he played FT. Since then I have been trying to add him as a neighbour, but his name just isn't showing up on the My Neighbours tab, nor can I invite him. I have deleted a couple of neighbours since who had stopped playing, and I don't think my neighbour list is completely full, so what can I do ? Do I just hang on and see if my friend suddenly appears on the list ?

Hi peekachoo,

I have moved your post to the thread related to your issue.

It's unlikley that you are at your neighbour limit yet as you are still quite a few under the minimum. When you do get to that stage , if you go to the My Neighbours tab there will be a red text at the top telling you that your list is full.

Try running memcache, this sometimes speeds the process up when you add new friends. In case you need the instructions on how to do that, here they are:

To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check if you can see your new friend. Make sure you have removed the check mark for Show Active Players Only at the top of the My Neigbours tab when you look for them.

If you still can't find them click on the Account tab at the top of the game and then click on Blocked Users and make sure you don't have them blocked in the game. They might also want to check thiers, to make sure you're not blocked as well. It's not usually that, but it's worth checking.

peekachoo Jul 21 2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6368674)
Hi peekachoo,

It's unlikley that you are at your neighbour limit yet as you are still quite a few under the minimum. When you do get to that stage , if you go to the My Neighbours tab there will be a red text at the top telling you that your list is full.

Try running memcache, this sometimes speeds the process up when you add new friends. In case you need the instructions on how to do that, here they are:

To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check if you can see your new friend. Make sure you have removed the check mark for Show Active Players Only at the top of the My Neigbours tab when you look for them.

If you still can't find them click on the Account tab at the top of the game and then click on Blocked Users and make sure you don't have them blocked in the game. They might also want to check thiers, to make sure you're not blocked as well. It's not usually that, but it's worth checking.

Thanks for the advice Tiger, I ran the memcache but it hasn't done the trick I'm afraid. So I've messaged my friend to see if he can see me on my list ( he wasn't blocked on mine btw ). I'm not sure what will happen next ,lol, but thanks anyway.

Tiger Jul 21 2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekachoo (Post 6368690)
Thanks for the advice Tiger, I ran the memcache but it hasn't done the trick I'm afraid. So I've messaged my friend to see if he can see me on my list ( he wasn't blocked on mine btw ). I'm not sure what will happen next ,lol, but thanks anyway.

Hi peekachoo,

Make sure when you check My Neighbours that you have removed the check mark for Show Active Players only. Some people are finding friends with 0 stats which can push a friend with 0 stats down to the bottom of the list. Unfortuantley if that is what has happened ,as you've alredy rum memcache you'll have to wait for that to correct.

peekachoo Jul 21 2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6368698)
Hi peekachoo,

Make sure when you check My Neighbours that you have removed the check mark for Show Active Players only. Some people are finding friends with 0 stats which would can push a friend with 0 stats down to the bottom of the list. Unfortuantley if that is what has happened ,as you've alredy rum memcache you'll have to wait for that to correct.

Okey Dokey Tiger, thanks !

Midnight Angel Jul 25 2020 01:44 PM

How to replace a blue dot on a farmtown neighbor on my list

I want to report that a blue dot is no longer on my neighbors photo on my neighbors list for quests. Can that blue dot be replaced?

Taz D Jul 25 2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Angel (Post 6369094)
I want to report that a blue dot is no longer on my neighbors photo on my neighbors list for quests. Can that blue dot be replaced?

Hi Midnight Angel,
I moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors.
There is no way to replace the blue dot on a neighbor. That dot only shows up when they have at least one co-op quest open.

nettie1212 Jul 26 2020 12:57 AM

Good day. I have lots of sn but one cannot do a thing on my farm even though she is checked as sn and all items I want her to do on my farms as in fish flowers and trees what happened? and can we correct

Taz D Jul 26 2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nettie1212 (Post 6369158)
Good day. I have lots of sn but one cannot do a thing on my farm even though she is checked as sn and all items I want her to do on my farms as in fish flowers and trees what happened? and can we correct

Hi Nettie,
There is a limit as to how many super neighbors you can have as well as how many neighbors. The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so it can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's of your neighbors.

This also applies to super neighbors but the database for super neighbors is much smaller and the limit is some where around 20, though it can be less or more depending on their ID lengths.

This usually happens when you have too many super neighbors. If you wish us to check this for you then we will need a link to your farms. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850

BABANAN Jul 27 2020 11:08 AM

I have been trying to work Jack Schneiders farm for 3 days now and every time I go into his farm I get some other person.

Taz D Jul 27 2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABANAN (Post 6369326)
I have been trying to work Jack Schneiders farm for 3 days now and every time I go into his farm I get some other person.

Hi Babanan,
Maybe they changed their avatar's name making you think it is someone else. Are you using a saved bookmark to get there? If so maybe try going to his farm from your neighbor bar and see if you get the right one.

BABANAN Jul 28 2020 10:45 AM

Working a friends farm

When I go to work the farm of Jack Schneider I am brought to another persons farm. Can you please help me resolve this problem, thank you.

Tiger Jul 28 2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABANAN (Post 6369394)
When I go to work the farm of Jack Schneider I am brought to another persons farm. Can you please help me resolve this problem, thank you.

Hi BABANAN,

I have moved your post to the thread where your other post about this is, and left you a temporary redirect link to help you find it.

Please look further up this thread to the earlier posts and you will see Taz's reply to your last post which you need to read and reply to if you still need help after that.

Please also take some time to learn how to find your posts on the forum. You will find the instructions to help you with that, by clicking on this link: Where's My Post Gone?

BABANAN Jul 30 2020 09:57 AM

I went to Jack Schneiders farm to work and got Sweet Lulu Belles farm then tells me job invitation reserved for friends only. Then second farm goes to Lazy Bear-Ann Sydney. Please what is the problem here. He is in my neighbors as Jack Schneider.

marymarcel Jul 30 2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABANAN (Post 6369594)
I went to Jack Schneiders farm to work and got Sweet Lulu Belles farm then tells me job invitation reserved for friends only. Then second farm goes to Lazy Bear-Ann Sydney. Please what is the problem here. He is in my neighbors as Jack Schneider.

Hi BABANAN :)

Have you tried to contact your neighbor on facebook chat to tell him what is happening?

Also, as Taz asked you, are you going to that farm from a saved link or by clicking in his pic in your neighbors bar and then choosing Visit xxx farm?

Is this only happening when you try to work their facilities or when you visit his farms?

jeannine_p Aug 07 2020 05:16 PM

sooo. on my neighbors tab, when i try to add someone, the page only scrolls down so far. i need to add someone in the S's and can only go down as far as the K section of names. i have tried on Chrome, Opera, and Torch browsers. the list does scroll down farthest on chrome, but it still doesnt go all the way to the bottom of the alphabetical list.

Taz D Aug 07 2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannine_p (Post 6371138)
sooo. on my neighbors tab, when i try to add someone, the page only scrolls down so far. i need to add someone in the S's and can only go down as far as the K section of names. :/

Hi Jeannine,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section thread about neighbors, as this has nothing to do with the current release.

I just checked mine and it will scroll all the way down to the bottom where there is a button for Show Non-farmer Friends.
What browser are you using?

It may have something to do with how many farmer friends you have. If you have too many Facebook may not transfer the entire list.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.