Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Wall Request Issues (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609630)

marymarcel Jul 18 2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrfix@yahoo.com (Post 6457302)
my I.D# 1567282031
when i post my fac's to be worked another's name and pic shows up on facebook wall
can u all help me with this problem??

Hi scrfix :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Im sorry but there is no way for us to check into this.

I have visited your facebook profile page but as we are not friends then I cant see your posts for the game.

Also, only your friends are able to see your post in FarmTown wall requests.

Is this problem only happening in your facebook profile page or also in your posts for FarmTown wall requests (for the last one you need to ask your friends)

Is this happening everytime you post your facilities?

Sharon A Jul 20 2021 06:17 AM

Facility Wall Requests

When I post under my name Sharon Spencer Allen it shows under Lisa Allen Hall. After posting 3 or more times it will finally post under the correct name. Why is this doing happening? People can't get my factories and facilities unless they go to my wall directly.

Tiger Jul 20 2021 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharon A (Post 6457478)
When I post under my name Sharon Spencer Allen it shows under Lisa Allen Hall. After posting 3 or more times it will finally post under the correct name. Why is this doing happening? People can't get my factories and facilities unless they go to my wall directly.

Hi Sharon A,

I have moved your post to the thread about Wall Requests.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Does this happen every time the posts are worked via the Wall Requests page or only sometimes?
  • Are you friends with Lisa Allen Hall? Is that the avatar name or the Facebook name? Is it always that name that this happens with?
  • Are the friends that are getting this problem friends with that person?

Please try the following if you have not already done so:
Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then log out of Facebook and then log back in again and reload the game and see if that corrects the problem. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.

I am copying your report over to the devs bugs thread for them to see.

lillymc Jul 21 2021 12:25 AM

facility requests on walls

I clicked on one of my FB friend's and neighbor facility request and it took me to a completely different farm for a player named olga.. and it is not Karin's farm town name ..

Tiger Jul 21 2021 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillymc (Post 6457558)
I clicked on one of my FB friend's and neighbor facility request and it took me to a completely different farm for a player named olga.. and it is not Karin's farm town name ..

Hi lillymc,

Did you try to work their facilities from a post in your Facebook News Feed or their timeline or was it when clicking on a link in the My Requests page?

This tends to happen when your friend has access to more than one account.
They may be using Facebooks switch user to switch between the accounts on the same device and browser to help their friends out.

The devs have not made any changes, so it may be that Facebook has made some changes which may be causing it.

Please ask your friend either contact support about this so they can work with them or they can try doing the following:
  • Before switching to another account, close the browser and open it again. Then switch accounts and see if that corrects the problem.

• If that doesn’t work, they need to make sure that they still have the log in details for all the accounts, then please ask them to logout of all of the accounts they are using, then close the browser and open it again before they use their own account to post facilities. If that corrects the problem for that account, they can then try the other friends account again and see if the problem comes back again for their own account.

If your friend is not online now to let them know what is happening so they can try this to see if new posts will behave correctly when using My Requests, for you to work their facilities when this happens you can try finding their posts on their Facebook profile and work them from there and see if it takes you to their facilities and lets you work them or if the same problem happens and it takes you to another persons farms.

ssimon Jul 22 2021 08:52 AM

Hi, my ID is 1485969562. I have posted my facilities but unfortunately none of my neighbours and FT friends could see! Can you please help? They can see only what I posted yesterday. I restarted the laptop and reloaded the game and posted again but no success.
Look forward to hearing back.
Many thanks and best regards,
Sherene

marymarcel Jul 22 2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssimon (Post 6457702)
Hi, my ID is 1485969562. I have posted my facilities but unfortunately none of my neighbours and FT friends could see! Can you please help? They can see only what I posted yesterday. I restarted the laptop and reloaded the game and posted again but no success.
Look forward to hearing back.
Many thanks and best regards,
Sherene

Hi Sherene :)

Are you able to see those posts in your facebook profile?

If so, then check the audience for those posts, in case you have changed it to "Only Me". Be sure it is set to Friends, Public, or a List you use.

You can also try the following>

Check is if your security permissions are set correctly:
Open your Facebook settings and click on Privacy
Make sure "Who can see my stuff?" is set to Friends OR Public

Please ask your friends if they can see your posts in their Wall Requests link.

a womack Jul 22 2021 01:35 PM

my facility wall posts are not consistantly posting to the wall

It seems my two FT accounts are getting mixed up pictures and neither of them are consistently posting to the wall for the last few days. Sometimes they will post correctly and other times the pictures for this account will be my pictures from my Marion Womack farm. Sometimes the Marion Womack farm will have the pictures from this account. My neighbors have reported that they are not seeing my posts. I've checked to make sure that all my settings are correct (I've never changed them) and they all show to be correct. It really hurts my advancement (I'm someone who does buy FC) because people can't help me easily from doing my facilities from the FT wall. I'd love to get this fixed as soon as possible. This keeps me from being successful on the NCC because I can't fill those facilities as fast either. Here is my USER ID # 1513992818 I will report from the other account too! Is anyone else having this problem.

marymarcel Jul 22 2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a womack (Post 6457758)
It seems my two FT accounts are getting mixed up pictures and neither of them are consistently posting to the wall for the last few days. Sometimes they will post correctly and other times the pictures for this account will be my pictures from my Marion Womack farm. Sometimes the Marion Womack farm will have the pictures from this account. My neighbors have reported that they are not seeing my posts. I've checked to make sure that all my settings are correct (I've never changed them) and they all show to be correct. It really hurts my advancement (I'm someone who does buy FC) because people can't help me easily from doing my facilities from the FT wall. I'd love to get this fixed as soon as possible. This keeps me from being successful on the NCC because I can't fill those facilities as fast either. Here is my USER ID # 1513992818 I will report from the other account too! Is anyone else having this problem.

Hi a womack :)

First of all it is not necessary for you to report this problem from the other account.

It seems that this tends to happen when you are managing two different accounts and you have the access for them.
You are probably using the switch user in Facebook to switch between both accounts on the same device and also same browser.

Please try the following:

.- Before switching to the other account, close your browser and then reopen. Then switch accounts and check if that fixed the problem.

.- If that doesnt work, then be sure to log out of both accounts, close the browser and open again. Only log into one account and post from it. Check if the posts are correct. If they are, then you could try the other account to see if everything works correctly.

Developers have not made any changes for posting, so maybe Facebook has changed something that makes the posts show up wrong.

If nothing works for you then you can also contact Support and let them know what is happening.

Farmerette GiGi Jul 25 2021 10:49 PM

FT or FB Glitch?

1 Attachment(s)
No clue where to post my message so I'll post here and it can be moved to the appropriate thread if it doesn't belong here.

I clicked on a neighbors post to work his facilities and received the message in the screenshot. I tried it several times and continued to get that message. I have no idea who kikay is. Mark's account is the only one that I had this problem with. :confused:

I've jumped through all the usual hoops, to no avail. Is this a FB glitch or is it on the end of FT? Thanks!

Taz D Jul 25 2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmerette GiGi (Post 6458238)
No clue where to post my message so I'll post here and it can be moved to the appropriate thread if it doesn't belong here.

I clicked on a neighbors post to work his facilities and received the message in the screenshot. I tried it several times and continued to get that message. I have no idea who kikay is. Mark's account is the only one that I had this problem with. :confused:

I've jumped through all the usual hoops, to no avail. Is this a FB glitch or is it on the end of FT? Thanks!

Hi GiGi,
It seems that this tends to happen when a farmer is managing two different accounts so they have the access for them both.
They are probably using the switch user in Facebook to switch between both accounts on the same device and also same browser.

You will need to let them know this is happening and Ttey can try the following:

.- Before switching to the other account, close the browser and then reopen. Then switch accounts and check if that fixed the problem.

.- If that doesnt work, then they have to be sure to log out of both accounts, close the browser and open again. Only log into one account and post from it. Check if the posts are correct. If they are, then they could try the other account to see if everything works correctly.

The Developers have not made any changes for posting, so maybe Facebook has changed something that makes the posts show up wrong.

If nothing works for them then they can also contact Support and let them know what is happening.

Farmerette GiGi Jul 26 2021 03:58 AM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6458242)
Hi GiGi,
It seems that this tends to happen when a farmer is managing two different accounts so they have the access for them both.

They are probably using the switch user in Facebook to switch between both accounts on the same device and also same browser.

You will need to let them know this is happening and They can try the following:

.- Before switching to the other account, close the browser and then reopen. Then switch accounts and check if that fixed the problem.

.- If that doesnt work, then they have to be sure to log out of both accounts, close the browser and open again. Only log into one account and post from it. Check if the posts are correct. If they are, then they could try the other account to see if everything works correctly.

The Developers have not made any changes for posting, so maybe Facebook has changed something that makes the posts show up wrong.

If nothing works for them then they can also contact Support and let them know what is happening.

Thanks for the reply, Taz. I did send him a message and let him know about the problem. I will now share this info with him. Again, thank you.

1FishWife Aug 03 2021 04:31 AM

Good morning,
On several occasions when trying to work the facilities/services of one of my neighbours - who is my superneighbour - I get taken back to my own farm and the message 'Sorry this job invitation is reserved for my friends only'
I only get the message on his all other neighbours the work is fine.
My user ID is 1058656474

Tiger Aug 03 2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1FishWife (Post 6459154)
Good morning,
On several occasions when trying to work the facilities/services of one of my neighbours - who is my superneighbour - I get taken back to my own farm and the message 'Sorry this job invitation is reserved for my friends only'
I only get the message on his all other neighbours the work is fine.
My user ID is 1058656474

Hi1FishWife,

I have moved your post to Help and Support for newsfeed and wall requests.

This tends to happen when someone has access to more than one account.
They may be using Facebooks switch user to switch between the accounts on the same device and or browser to help their friends out.

The devs have not made any changes, so it may be that Facebook has made some changes which may be causing it.

Please ask your friend either contact support about this so they can work with them or they can contact the friend that has access to their account and ask them to try the following:

• Before switching to another account, close the browser and open it again. Then switch accounts and see if that corrects the problem.

• Log out of all of the accounts they are using, then close the browser and open it again before they use their own account to post facilities. If that corrects the problem for that account, they can then try the other friends account again and see if the problem comes back again for their own account

If your friend is not online now to let them know what is happening, for you to work their facilities you can try finding their posts on their Facebook profile and work them from there and see if it takes you to their facilities and lets you work them or if the same problem happens and it takes you to another persons farms.

1FishWife Aug 03 2021 05:36 AM

Thank you for your reply,

That makes sense - he doesn't have two accounts but he does have my login details to help with my quests.

Thanks again,

frmrfbi Aug 07 2021 04:29 PM

Show facility wall requests

2 Attachment(s)
i am trying to work my neighbors' facilities but yesterday they started acting weird and I cannot do them. Attached is a shot of what they are doing. Please help me. Thank you. frmrfbi 1682600615

Taz D Aug 07 2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frmrfbi (Post 6459886)
i am trying to work my neighbors' facilities but yesterday they started acting weird and I cannot do them. Attached is a shot of what they are doing. Please help me. Thank you. frmrfbi 1682600615

Hi frmrfbi,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the wall requests.
I am sorry, but your pictures are too small to read what the message says. Please let us know what it says.

frmrfbi Aug 07 2021 07:22 PM

this is about the attachments that are 2 small for you to read. The first one says-
I will complete all 204 (or 24,000 on another etc.) facilities in this farm for you because you have 10 or more freight cars dispatched.
The 2nd one says -
The mayor just sent 42751 products to your storage! There is no more work here, you may want to check other farms. PLEASE HELP. THANKS YOU frmrfbi

Taz D Aug 07 2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frmrfbi (Post 6459970)
this is about the attachments that are 2 small for you to read. The first one says-
I will complete all 204 (or 24,000 on another etc.) facilities in this farm for you because you have 10 or more freight cars dispatched.
The 2nd one says -
The mayor just sent 42751 products to your storage! There is no more work here, you may want to check other farms. PLEASE HELP. THANKS YOU frmrfbi

Hi Frmrfbi,
That sounds like all your trains are not dispatched. If you have unloaded your trains and not dispatched them again then they do not count for the facility work.

mo54862 Aug 08 2021 10:17 AM

Working Facilities on Neighbor Farms

I can only work 1 farm at a time when working neighbor facilities from the wall.
I've always been able to work ALL farms but in the last week or so it only allows 1 farm at a time to be worked. I have to go to EACH and EVERY farm to work them manually.

I have 3 trains dispatched and it has always expedited working facilities correctly until the situation.

So how do I know if I got my bonuses like I was suppose to receive them.

I don't have time to work 20-40 farms for ALL 62 of my neighbors manually.

Some of my neighbors that I have asked are NOT experiencing this issue.

WHAT HAPPENED ?

Taz D Aug 08 2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo54862 (Post 6460010)
I can only work 1 farm at a time when working neighbor facilities from the wall.
I've always been able to work ALL farms but in the last week or so it only allows 1 farm at a time to be worked. I have to go to EACH and EVERY farm to work them manually.

I have 3 trains dispatched and it has always expedited working facilities correctly until the situation.

So how do I know if I got my bonuses like I was suppose to receive them.

I don't have time to work 20-40 farms for ALL 62 of my neighbors manually.

Some of my neighbors that I have asked are NOT experiencing this issue.

WHAT HAPPENED ?

Hi Mo,
I moved your post to the subject thread about working on wall requests as that is the first part of your post.
The reason this is happening is because not all the cars on your trains are dispatched. Did you move these trains either to a different farm or relocated them on the same farm? When you do this you need to use only the yellow freestyle hand or less. The green and purple hand will not allign them correctly.

The train on farm 2 is showing only 7 of the cars dispatched and the train on farm 3 is showing only 3 cars dispatched. You will need to wait until they return, unload them and then rework them to get the rest of the cars connected.
Until you do get them reconnected correctly you will not be getting the bonuses nor will the trains help fully with facility work.

mo54862 Aug 08 2021 02:51 PM

Taz, yes, i did move the trains but they are showing connected when I mouse over the engines ALL cars are highlighted. I do see now that if I open the train status that F2 train is only showing 7 cars out but WHY do they highlight if the cars are not connected properly ? And if I move them off and reconnect them HOW DO I CHECK THAT THEY ARE REALLY CONNECTED after re-doing them ?

I moved the trains cause it would NOT let me plow under them and I wanted them at the top out of the way so any changes I needed to make would not mess up the center of my fields again. It let me plow under the train with Flash Player but with the new migration it WILL NOT let me plow under the train. Can you or can you not plow under the train ? Am I doing it wrong and that is the reason my plots will NOT go under the train ?

Taz D Aug 08 2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo54862 (Post 6460026)
Taz, yes, i did move the trains but they are showing connected when I mouse over the engines ALL cars are highlighted. I do see now that if I open the train status that F2 train is only showing 7 cars out but WHY do they highlight if the cars are not connected properly ? And if I move them off and reconnect them HOW DO I CHECK THAT THEY ARE REALLY CONNECTED after re-doing them ?

I moved the trains cause it would NOT let me plow under them and I wanted them at the top out of the way so any changes I needed to make would not mess up the center of my fields again. It let me plow under the train with Flash Player but with the new migration it WILL NOT let me plow under the train. Can you or can you not plow under the train ? Am I doing it wrong and that is the reason my plots will NOT go under the train ?

Hi Mo,
First you can see if all the cars are connected in the train manager. When you open the train in that it opens to Freight Cars. Only the cars that are connected to the train correctly will show. The rest are faded out. Again do not use the green or purple hands to place your train cars as those all overlapping and the cars do not connect correctly.

Plowing under the trains is layering and I am sorry but we can not give or allow instructions about layering to be posted in the forums.

kevmac Aug 13 2021 04:53 AM

Benefit Of loaded Trains Reduced

Myself and some other fellow players have recently noticed that not being able to work all farms( of someone else) when we have two fully loaded and despatched trains. Have the rules changed or is there a hiccup

Tiger Aug 13 2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevmac (Post 6460542)
Myself and some other fellow players have recently noticed that not being able to work all farms( of someone else) when we have two fully loaded and despatched trains. Have the rules changed or is there a hiccup

Hi kevmac,

I have moved your post to the thread about news feed and wall requests as that's where you will likley be working ffriends facilities from.

The usual culprits for this are:
  • Trains not dispatched or not enough with 10 different long cars dispatched.
  • Dispatched trains have long cars that are not quite correctly connected so it's not got 10 long cars carrying goods on them.
  • Duplicate long cars on the train when there are only 10 long cars on the train, they can only have one of each long car per train.

Open each of your dispatched trains and click on the Fright Cars section, you will then be able to count them and see if all the long cars are showing up and carrying goods. Any that are not connected right will not show up and what you will need to do is wait for the train to return, unload it, then reconnect the cars again and make sure that in the Freight cars section all the long cars you have on the train all of them are showing up not greyed out before you dispatch it.

sunshineann Aug 13 2021 05:45 AM

Cannot see post for assistance on my wall.

Tiger Aug 13 2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshineann (Post 6460550)
Cannot see post for assistance on my wall.

Hi sunshineann,

I'm sorry but you will need to provide more information.

What posts are you not seeing, your own game posts or some else' posts?
What kind of posts are they.....facility requests, ingredients, bonuses?
Where are you not seeing them.... Facebook news feed or profile, Facility Wall Requests or Other Wall Requests?

Qivis Aug 13 2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6460554)
Hi sunshineann,

I'm sorry but you will need to provide more information.

What posts are you not seeing, your own game posts or some else' posts?
What kind of posts are they.....facility requests, ingredients, bonuses?
Where are you not seeing them.... Facebook news feed or profile, Facility Wall Requests or Other Wall Requests?

Hi Tiger and anyone else reading this... (user 602895328)

The link in the My Requests tab to create a list of requests for boosts with factories and shops is not working at the moment. Nor is the Send Gifts tab working. This is only a guess, but I am assuming that Facebook has messed things up for Slashkey again and we will have to wait for a workaround.

Tiger Aug 13 2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6460562)
Hi Tiger and anyone else reading this... (user 602895328)

The link in the My Requests tab to create a list of requests for boosts with factories and shops is not working at the moment. Nor is the Send Gifts tab working. This is only a guess, but I am assuming that Facebook has messed things up for Slashkey again and we will have to wait for a workaround.

Hi Qivis,

My response to sunshineann is for their issue with seeing posts.

Your issue is with the friends lists not loading for gifting and boosting, which you already posted about in the gifts thread and Taz replied to you about that.

lindasue6 Aug 13 2021 08:16 AM

I have no one on my wall with work requests??? Below my farm where it shows those who have helped me or given gifts, etc., no names are listed. All are shown as "someone." Sorry I don't know how I'm really supposed to ask for help, but I'd really appreciate some. My id is 1531468114. Thanks, Sue English (lindasue6 on this forum)

marymarcel Aug 13 2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindasue6 (Post 6460570)
I have no one on my wall with work requests??? Below my farm where it shows those who have helped me or given gifts, etc., no names are listed. All are shown as "someone." Sorry I don't know how I'm really supposed to ask for help, but I'd really appreciate some. My id is 1531468114. Thanks, Sue English (lindasue6 on this forum)

Hi lindasue :)

I moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed and Wall Requests Posts.

Are you able to see your friends lists for sending gifts and/or trains?

It seems there is a problem transfering data from facebook to the game, as you know lists of friends and posts for the game go through facebook.

You can try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and check if you can see the requests.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

You can also try to restart your computer and see if you get the requests.

If nothings helps, then it will probably fix itself after a few hours . Let us know how it goes please.

GR8L8K8 Aug 21 2021 03:34 PM

Neighbor unable to work my facility wall requests

Posting for a neighbor, because, for reasons unknown to him, he is not allowed to post.
When my neighbor tries to work my facility wall requests, he is taken to my farm and receives a popup that says "Do you want to work on facilities now and receive 2 farm cash?" but he is not given the opportunity to do so. This only happens when he tries to work my facilities, He is able to work facility requests for all other neighbors. and he gets the same popup whenever he comes to my farm, not only when he tries to work my facility requests. We've tried removing each other as neighbors and the same thing happens.
This seems like an old Farm Town thing. His account is newly reactivated, could that have something to do with what is happing?

Taz D Aug 21 2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR8L8K8 (Post 6461466)
Posting for a neighbor, because, for reasons unknown to him, he is not allowed to post.
When my neighbor tries to work my facility wall requests, he is taken to my farm and receives a popup that says "Do you want to work on facilities now and receive 2 farm cash?" but he is not given the opportunity to do so. This only happens when he tries to work my facilities, He is able to work facility requests for all other neighbors. and he gets the same popup whenever he comes to my farm, not only when he tries to work my facility requests. We've tried removing each other as neighbors and the same thing happens.
This seems like an old Farm Town thing. His account is newly reactivated, could that have something to do with what is happing?

Hi GR8L8K8,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests. Your neighbor probably can not post here because they did not complete the registration. Instructions on what to do are in the following linbk:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621566

It is an old thing, probably left over because they did not do it before it being deactivated earlier. Have the neighbor getting this try clearing their memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't work they will need to contact Support. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Delbet Aug 27 2021 03:33 AM

who is someone

I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back:)

Tiger Aug 27 2021 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delbet (Post 6462386)
I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back:)

Hi Delbet,

I have moved your post to the thread for display issues.

Has this just happened today or have you had this for a while?

If you are seeing this on all the majority of where friends first names would show like the activity panel beneath your game screen, the my neighbours tab, wall requests then it sounds like you have either cookies and popupsblocked or perhaps an extension added to the browser that may be blocking them.

If it's only one or a few it can mean there's a data transfer issue getting the information about who your friends are from Facebook. In those cases you will usually see that in the my neighbours tab the name won't show, the profile picture might not show and some of the stats within a box are showing 0 and they may be at the very bottom of the list if the game can't see when they were last playing.

Another reason could be that the friend connection has been broken but if they are working your facilities then it's more likely to be a temporary data transfer issue.

These are the things you can try to see if you can correct it:
  • The quickest one is to run memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Then reload and see if that has helped clear the problem.

After that if there are still quite a few showing someone instead of a name:

• make sure that your browser is still up to date
  • clear the browsers caches/history
  • checking that cookies and pops are not blocked in the browser settings. If you need help with that we have instructions for the most common browsers used here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

• disabling any extensions added to the browser, especially any that may alter the way Facebook looks perhaps to hide ads or change the way it looks and now we are away from flash you don't need the farm town flash enabler any more.

If you make any changes to your browser, please close it for a few minutes to make sure those changes get saved, some browsers will prompt you to relaunch the browser, some don't.

Palmarina Aug 28 2021 01:48 AM

USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello , as of yesterday I cann't receive any gifts anymore. Below the farm the avatars of my neighbours don't load and if I want to receive their daily gifts there is nothing in my gift box and the counter on the "my requests" tab does not change and when I click on that tab again the gifts are there again.
I cleared memcache, cleared the cache in Chrome, used another browser firefox and cleared the cache there too. Nothing helps.
The quests seem to work normal.
Can you adivse what to do now please?

barbaraelwart Aug 28 2021 03:08 AM

Gifting. Facility Work.

Just to let you know I and others I have spoken to have a problem with gifting, no profile pic and when you accept all and return all and then refresh page, the same ones come up again and again. Also when you go to Facility Wall requests there are no profile pics and it just says 'Someone' . Bottom of farm where it tells you who has helped etc no profile pics and just says 'Someone'

Seems there are many glitches lately ! Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soon.

NooNoo Aug 28 2021 03:23 AM

pending_in_wall Facility List showing "Someone"

Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

I am currently playing guess who it is that posted :)

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Using Chrome and Windows 10

tina7447 Aug 28 2021 03:35 AM

Good morning. I have same problem with not being able to accept gifts. Tried everything that I am aware of to fix this but no joy. Thank you, Tina.

Tiger Aug 28 2021 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6462498)
USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello , as of yesterday I cann't receive any gifts anymore. Below the farm the avatars of my neighbours don't load and if I want to receive their daily gifts there is nothing in my gift box and the counter on the "my requests" tab does not change and when I click on that tab again the gifts are there again.
I cleared memcache, cleared the cache in Chrome, used another browser firefox and cleared the cache there too. Nothing helps.
The quests seem to work normal.
Can you adivse what to do now please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaraelwart (Post 6462502)
Just to let you know I and others I have spoken to have a problem with gifting, no profile pic and when you accept all and return all and then refresh page, the same ones come up again and again. Also when you go to Facility Wall requests there are no profile pics and it just says 'Someone' . Bottom of farm where it tells you who has helped etc no profile pics and just says 'Someone'

Seems there are many glitches lately ! Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6462506)
Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

I am currently playing guess who it is that posted :)

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Using Chrome and Windows 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina7447 (Post 6462510)
Good morning. I have same problem with not being able to accept gifts. Tried everything that I am aware of to fix this but no joy. Thank you, Tina.

Hi Palmarina, barbaraelwart, NooNoo, tina7447,

I've moved your posts to the thread about wall requests.

We are aware of the recent issue that is affecting some but not all Farm Town players, that when you have someone showing up for your friends in wall requests instead of their 1st names that it is also causing a problem with gifts.

The developers have been notified about this problem and it appears to be another Facebook issue getting the relevant data from Facebook.

Those of you that have not checked the following yet, please do any that you have not already done to make sure none of these could be part of the problem, but if they don't help we may have to wait for Facebook to fix this:
  • Check your browser is still showing up to date and that cookies and popups are still allowed in your browser.
  • Try another browser to make sure the issue is not browser related.
  • Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window.

If you have made any changes to your browser, please close it, then reopen it and reload to see if that has helped clear the problem at all.