Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old Jun 01 2010, 11:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Chapter 23: Missing items on the farm

1. My flowers are missing, how do I get them back?
  2. My houses and buildings are missing!
  3. My trees are missing, where did they go?
  4. My animals are gone!
  5. I have missing crops!
  6. I can't see a certain type of crop!
  7. How to Search for a Missing Item

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 21 2018 at 08:57 AM.
Account Not Linked

My flowers are missing, how do I get them back?

• Check your preferences to be sure you have not turned off the flowers. Click on the wrench, check the box for “show flowers”.
  • Make sure that flowers have not been accidentally placed behind other trees, or larger trees or buildings. Smaller flowers that have “vanished” can be found by moving the trees and buildings around them.

• Check your storage to be sure you did not put them into storage. Flowers can be placed in storage.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2017 at 08:44 AM.
Account Not Linked

My houses and buildings are missing!
  • Check in the preferences section (looks like a wrench in upper right of game screen) in the game to make sure you have "show buildings" checked.
  • Check your storage to be sure you did not put them into storage. These items can be placed in storage.
  • If this doesn't work, clear your browser, close all open browser windows, then log back on to the game.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2017 at 08:47 AM.
Account Not Linked

My trees are missing, where did they go?
  • Check your preferences to be sure you have not turned off the trees . Click on the wrench, check the box for “show trees” .
  • Make sure that trees have not been accidentally placed behind other trees, or larger trees or buildings. Many smaller trees that have “vanished” can be found by moving the trees and buildings around them, the same can be said of flowers.

• Check your storage to be sure you did not put them into storage. Trees can be placed in storage.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2017 at 08:44 AM.
Account Not Linked

My animals are gone!

The animals may be all at the same spot on the screen on top of each other. Click on the top animal and "wander" or "move" and see if there is another one underneath them. If they are overlapped, you will need to "move" them to a new spot for. That's not to say that they won't start wandering around on their own while the game is open and maybe end up on top of each other again. But at least you will be able to see them and they will all be accounted for every day when you first log in. To stop the animals from wandering around click in your preferences ( the wrench) and put a check make for "Freeze Animals".
  • Sometimes animals just go "missing" from time-to-time and then show up again later when you go back in. Don't panic if you don't see them !
  • Try hiding your trees, and structures (barn, cart, etc) to see if you find your animals behind them.
  • Check your storage to be sure you did not put them into storage. Animals can be placed in storage.
  • Sometimes just clearing your cache helps.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2017 at 08:48 AM.
Account Not Linked

I have missing crops!

You may experience disappearing crops after they have been planted. One thing to try is clearing your cache. Also make sure you have the lastest flash player. It's also important to remember that if you download a new flash player, that you've completely uninstalled the old one and rebooted your computer.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old Jun 01 2010, 11:18 PM
Account Not Linked

I can't see a certain type of crop!

Most often when a certain crop isn't visible, you need to clear your cache.

If that doesn't work, make sure you have the lastest flash player and your old one is removed.
Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

For Chrome you need to use the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...10#post6144210

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Feb 11 2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old Dec 20 2010, 09:54 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default How to Search for a Missing Item

How to Search for a Missing Item

If the Item is on your farm and not in Storage, first thing you need to do is make sure you have the right selection showing in your preferences. You have options to show the following in preferences :
  • Show Crops
  • Show Trees
  • Show Flowers
  • Show Ponds
  • Show Seasonal Items
  • Show Decorations
  • Show Buildings
  • Show Tools
  • Show Facilities
  • Show Ships

Only show the selection for the item you are looking for, remove the check mark for everything else so it will be easier to search for that item.

If you still can't find it on your farm, try using the search tool. You will find it in the yellow tool box in the 3rd column from the left side.

Click on the Search tool and type in the name of the item you are looking for.
You also have two options in that window to "Highlight matching items" OR to "Hide non-matching items". (The latter is going to be easier for you if you have a lot of items on the farm.). Then click the green check mark.

All matching items for your search should then be showing, either highlighted or the only things showing on your farm, depending on your choice.

If you still can't find it after that clear your browser caches as that is where the graphics for the game are stored. When you have done that, the first time you load your farm it will load slightly slower as all the graphics have to be reloaded.

Then try searching for your missing item again.

Also check your Item Storage and see if it is in there. Click on the Storage Icon and click on the Items tab. You can use the drop down filter to search your storage by type: All, Seasonal, Animals, Buildings, Facilites, Farm Decor, Fences,Flags, Fun, Furniture,Motion, Other, Paths/Ground, People, Ponds, Ships, Tools, Trains, Trees, Winter, Seasonal - Easter, Seasonal - Fathers Day, Seasonal - Halloween, Seasonal - Holidays, Seasonal - Memorial Day, Seasonal - Mothers Day, Seasonal - Saint Patricks Day, Seasonal - Thanks giving, Seasonal - Valentines Day.

Note: For missing animals also check your animal buildings on the farm to see if they are in there. When you store animals from the farm you can send them to either their buildings on the farm (Add to Animal Building tool), if there is room in there for them, OR Item Storage (Add to Item Storage tool).

Add to Animal Building tool
Add to Item Storage tool

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 21 2018 at 08:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
disappearing fields, house gone, missing buildings