Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 19 2012, 01:17 PM

Well for some reason, this morning i went to load all my facilities through the Manager with my tools and it seemd to have worked, Thank You & Happy Farming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
It has always worked ok for me. You can do more than you need but what you need to make the rubber sheet is only 3. When you worked the others facilities are you sure they had turpentine started? I know I don't start it all the time because I have plenty already made.
Old Sep 20 2012, 12:41 PM

Question Quests

Got a question about the "coming soon" after you redeem and end a quest! It would be nice that we really get the fc and or ingredients from time to time!
I got all fc and coin factories and just love the quests , but it would be a great reward to get some fc. Also it would give people a chance to earn fc and buy new factories! I spent real cash to buy them, but not everyone can or will do that!
Old Sep 20 2012, 01:19 PM

I agree, do you know it was in January that they announce that we can earn fc in our quests, yet nothing, not even a word about it in the releases, would be nice to be informed of it actually coming. Thank you & Happy Farming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biebel View Post
Got a question about the "coming soon" after you redeem and end a quest! It would be nice that we really get the fc and or ingredients from time to time!
I got all fc and coin factories and just love the quests , but it would be a great reward to get some fc. Also it would give people a chance to earn fc and buy new factories! I spent real cash to buy them, but not everyone can or will do that!
Old Sep 21 2012, 02:09 PM

I tried searching this topic but did not find what I was looking for... If I have a train and it brings an item I need for a quest like Chocolate Liquor or Cinnamon bundles would that count as producing it since I don't have the facilities for these two items?
Old Sep 21 2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapollison View Post
I tried searching this topic but did not find what I was looking for... If I have a train and it brings an item I need for a quest like Chocolate Liquor or Cinnamon bundles would that count as producing it since I don't have the facilities for these two items?
That is a good question. However for the train to be of any help it would have to be returning before the quest time runs out. Also you would have needed to harvest the cocoa or cinnamon trees before the train returns as the item wouldn't count unless the first step is done.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2012, 03:52 PM
Account Not Linked

I know the last few pages have been more of a troubleshoot and Q&A but since this is a feedback thread I am going to say that there is one feature of the quests that I am disappointed in. That feature is the lifelines. They are not in any way tied to what the quest is for and instead random so you will get lifelines that are completely useless.

For example, the current quest I have is to produce 12 fuel tanks. I clicked on the lifeline hoping to get something that would allow me to get the fuel from working in a neighbors facilities but instead I get the trader lifeline. As you cannot buy or sell fuel tanks or oil barrels from friends/neighbors it is a completely useless lifeline.

Yesterday I had a quest to harvest/load mushrooms. The lifeline I got was gifts. Mushrooms being one of the crops that cannot be gifted again I was stuck with a useless lifeline. In the last dozen or so quests I have done I have only had one useful lifeline. The rest were all something that couldn't be used for the quests anyway.
Old Sep 21 2012, 04:07 PM

I could harvest the required trees, so that is not an issue. As you said, if I can do this the train would have to be back at the correct time in the process to get the items. I was just wondering if it would work. I will try next time I get one of those quests. I usually don't bother trying ones were I don't have all the things to complete them. I do know I one used a gift lifeline to get Chocolate Liquor to complete it.
Old Sep 21 2012, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob92 View Post
I know the last few pages have been more of a troubleshoot and Q&A but since this is a feedback thread I am going to say that there is one feature of the quests that I am disappointed in. That feature is the lifelines. They are not in any way tied to what the quest is for and instead random so you will get lifelines that are completely useless.

For example, the current quest I have is to produce 12 fuel tanks. I clicked on the lifeline hoping to get something that would allow me to get the fuel from working in a neighbors facilities but instead I get the trader lifeline. As you cannot buy or sell fuel tanks or oil barrels from friends/neighbors it is a completely useless lifeline.

Yesterday I had a quest to harvest/load mushrooms. The lifeline I got was gifts. Mushrooms being one of the crops that cannot be gifted again I was stuck with a useless lifeline. In the last dozen or so quests I have done I have only had one useful lifeline. The rest were all something that couldn't be used for the quests anyway.
For your first example you are correct that you cannot use the trader lifeline for that one. However for the second example you can use the gift lifeline to get the mushrooms. The gift lifeline also allows you to use ingredient requests. So if you ask for ingredients for a product that needs mushrooms you will get those mushrooms and be able to use them in the item you need to make for your quest.
You are correct that the lifelines are random just as the quests are random. What you get may not be usable.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2012, 04:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapollison View Post
I could harvest the required trees, so that is not an issue. As you said, if I can do this the train would have to be back at the correct time in the process to get the items. I was just wondering if it would work. I will try next time I get one of those quests. I usually don't bother trying ones were I don't have all the things to complete them. I do know I one used a gift lifeline to get Chocolate Liquor to complete it.
You can get the cinnamon too with a gift lifeline by using an ingredient request for a product that uses cinnamon. For the chocolate liquor and the cinnamon you could also use the employee lifeline and work other facilities if they have those items loaded.
Old Sep 21 2012, 04:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Yes taz that would have worked for the stocking of the mushrooms, it would not however work for the harvesting part which is the part I would have wanted the lifeline for (I believe there is one that will let me harvest from someone elses farm)