Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 10 2010, 06:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Posted yesterday with pretty tame set of tex. It was up for a while and now is gone. I see some pretty snotty posts still. Do not like forums where posts are deleted for no good reason .... doubt if I will visit this site again since my views are appaently not wanted.
Old Feb 10 2010, 06:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Default apology

did not see my first post and thought it was deleted .... see it now soooory
Old Feb 10 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbieV View Post
Interesting I feel like its a little slap in the face since most will leave a farm the minute they see such a low yielding crop
I had sage crop one time 5 people left my farm one said they only did pineapples
I guess thats just me bein anal then
Not really, BobbieV.... it's all them.

Don't let it get you down... there's a lot of great farmers out there. Just remember to buddy up any time you find one whose philosophy is at least not opposite to yours.

Farming since May 24, 2009.
Old Feb 10 2010, 06:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Ok now I am no harvest snob by any means I know how hard it is to get someone to harvest a crop of raspberries (not that I do them myself)
Iv read/heard the complaints though
Ok here goes the pet peeve
You finally get someone to harvest for you, get halfway done harvesting for this farmer and they turn around and go hire multiple players to plow for them.
Ok now that just isnt fair play.
Did you ever stop to think MAYBE that harvester of said rb's would LOVE to be asked to plow? Just a thought....
And some wonder why theres harvest snobs...
I totally understand your frustration, Bobbie. Someone who was courteous would of hired you to plow also. I guess you just consider the source.
Old Feb 10 2010, 06:31 PM

no one is entitled to plow. and each farmer has their own choice who they want to hire to do so with out giving reason. relax and enjoy the game. i would harvest raspberries all day if i where hired to and not bat an eyelash if i wasnt hired to plow i just return to the market when i was finished with the job i was hired to do
Old Feb 10 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Ok now I am no harvest snob by any means I know how hard it is to get someone to harvest a crop of raspberries (not that I do them myself)
You finally get someone to harvest for you, get halfway done harvesting for this farmer and they turn around and go hire multiple players to plow for them.
Did you ever stop to think MAYBE that harvester of said rb's would LOVE to be asked to plow? Just a thought....
Hi BV,

I'm guilty sometimes for several reasons which I will list below. When I'm planting raspberries my intent is the give that harvester the plowing as well to make up for the small $$$$$.

Sometimes:

1. I allow myself to get hired elsewhere and don't get back
2. I simply get impatient
3. I am at the marketplace and want to hire as many ppl as I can

Sorry if I ever did this to you.
Old Feb 10 2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi BobbieV, I do agree with you on this as I have had it happen to me. It is very annoying, however there are a lot of people who think that the owner of the farm can do what ever they like. Whenever I hire from the M.P. I state what the crop is and + ploughing or no ploughing. What I would (and have done) is finish the harvesting job and then clicked ignore on the Farmer so I did not get caught by that Farmer again
i agree,i give the plowing job to the person that does the harvesting,always.
Old Feb 11 2010, 01:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Why do you think you should be asked to plow? Just because someone hires you for one job doesn't mean they ever have to hire you again, even if you can see a job that needs to be done. If you don't want to harvest raspberries then don't but don't get upset because the farmer didn't hire you for a second job. You are not entitled to the plowing just because you harvested for someone I don't care what crop you harvest. FYI I never have a problem getting people to harvest my raspberries.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 11 2010, 06:49 AM
Account Not Linked

I cleaned out my friends list the other day and dropped below the number of people I have to hire to plow so now I only hire people to harvest. Not everyone that hires to harvest has the ability to hire people to plow even if they only plant raspberries. Back when I planted raspberries and was able to hire to plow I rarely did. Sometimes, I like to plow my own farm. Sometimes I want to rearrange my plots. Sometimes I want to add plots etc. and don't need someone there messing around plowing.

I've also harvested raspberries and not got to plow and it didn't even phase me. I was simply grateful for the coins I got from it and moved on. Because reality is I would have NO extra coins had I not taken the job and came out ahead by taking it.
Old Feb 12 2010, 01:00 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

This is the first time I have visited this forum and I amd kind of amazed at some of the comments here. I do not have a problem with harvesting only and someone else plowing; however when I finally get a plow job and it ends up with one of those people that has the "cheats" on how to plow several rows at once I end up with no plow job anyway. OR, I end up on one of those many farms ya'ss speak of that have lots of employees already there. I have never had the problem of ending up with too many employees on my farm. So, either employers are a little impatient when it comes to hiring or you don't mind having several people running over each othr on your farm. That said, it's your farm and whatever you want to do is up to you. I do leave those farms as I'm not going to fight other farmers for crops or plowing rights..it's a game in which there are no real WINNERS. It's just for FUN. This is something these beggers and farm HOGS need to realize when they get out there and do not let others even have a fair chance of working - especially plowing-on a farm. These newbies really don't have a chance at all. Somone asked why everyone was leaving and going to Farmville, my guess - less arguing, competition and more fun where they can still farm and do ALMOST the same thing they are doing here. Anyway, I do agree with some of what was said here, but Some of it I feel was a little off base so I wanted to give it from a different perspective.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20