Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 14 2010, 03:53 AM

In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.

Old Jun 14 2010, 10:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.
No need to hide? Isn't that what you are doing when you go offline? Hiding from the hirers? Why should a person have to "hide" in order to get around a flaw in the game?
Old Jun 18 2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
No need to hide? Isn't that what you are doing when you go offline? Hiding from the hirers? Why should a person have to "hide" in order to get around a flaw in the game?
Yes it is hiding from the hirers so they don't waste time trying to hire someone that isn't interested in a job. I think it is a considerate way of dealing with it until they work out a better way of hiring and/or selling (which I have read they are working on).
Old Jul 07 2010, 08:18 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

I had no idea you could do that! Thanks so much for the advice, I can stop hiding behind the tent and in corners now
Old Jul 08 2010, 12:45 AM

Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.
Old Jul 08 2010, 06:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Rose View Post
Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.
As for chatting it's possible the person(s) didn't notice you chatting to them. I know for me I'm paying attention to what I'm doing not to the chat box. I also like to work in full screen so when I do notice that the farmer has said something I have to stop and take it off full screen to respond.
Old Jul 08 2010, 02:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Rose View Post
Whinge time.

Whinge over. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
As for chatting it's possible the person(s) didn't notice you chatting to them. I know for me I'm paying attention to what I'm doing not to the chat box. I also like to work in full screen so when I do notice that the farmer has said something I have to stop and take it off full screen to respond.
When I'm hired to work I feel like I'm there to work not chat. Like snow angel said I work in full screen so I don't always see that the employer has said something to me, but if they do I will respond. I don't say hello I get right to work because I don't know how many other people are coming. I do say thank you but at the end of the job.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.