Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 09 2017, 07:28 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRoo View Post
why cant the tools be coins like farms are to upgrade people on maximum levels with no notes cant buy them we cant afford to buy notes so its going to take for ever to get all tools would be nice if they were for coins so people like me can actually upgrade
Hi RichieRoo,

If you would like to make this a suggestion for the game please place it in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it. For Suggestions for the game Click HERE to be taken to that section of the forum.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 09 2017, 11:49 AM

I have a question , if as stated layering is not endorsed by the developers but despite that new tools to aid this practice of farming have been released, what happens when the layering corrupts farms and is then stopped. Will everyone get a refund on the tools they purchased specifically for that purpose?
Old Mar 09 2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
I have a question , if as stated layering is not endorsed by the developers but despite that new tools to aid this practice of farming have been released, what happens when the layering corrupts farms and is then stopped. Will everyone get a refund on the tools they purchased specifically for that purpose?
Hi meirwen,

It is not supported because it can and has caused problems for some, like corruption of data. This can sometimes be corrected and you can if you choose try it again. If there were ever a point where you felt forced to stop layering you would need to contact support about any refunds and see what they say as they are the ones who deal with those things.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Mar 09 2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi meirwen,

It is not supported because it can and has caused problems for some, like corruption of data. This can sometimes be corrected and you can if you choose try it again. If there were ever a point where you felt forced to stop layering you would need to contact support about any refunds and see what they say as they are the ones who deal with those things.
I have no intention of buying these tools as the action of layering is not endorsed and the release of these tools is hypocritical in nature and a risk. Purchasing them would go against what I believe and am not prepared like so many here to take the risk of losing real cash. It was a question I put here in case others were unaware of the risk they are taking.
Old Mar 09 2017, 05:23 PM

Disapointed that the extended area is MUCH smaller than the biggest "highlight" tool. I am going to try it in highlight mode. I bought these to make things run faster not slower!!
Old Mar 09 2017, 05:27 PM

Question

The eye is no longer there. How do we activate highlight mode with the newest tools? The extended mode is so much smaller than my largest highlight tool. I am disappointed in spending the $$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi hidalgoluis,

When you click on one of the tools that has the extent mode, in the bottom right of your game screen you will see a picture of the tool instead of the Eye. Click on it and then click on the top one that says "Highlight"
Old Mar 09 2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
The eye is no longer there. How do we activate highlight mode with the newest tools? The extended mode is so much smaller than my largest highlight tool. I am disappointed in spending the $$$
Hi RIAP27,

The new tools are the most useful for working overlapped crops. That yellow box will grab up to 400 fields with one click without having to squint at the tiny plots.

If you do not want to use Extend mode >>

When selecting the one of the new EX Tools instead of the Eye in the bottom right of the game screen you will see the picture of the tool you have clicked on.

When you click on that icon, you will see a vertical toolbar with 3 buttons.

The one in the top (Highlight) selects the old method of highlighting each individual item.
The one in the middle selects the New Method (Extent) of highlighting only the perimeter of the area where the tool will operate. Instead of highlighting all the fields, this new method will just highlight a fixed squared section of the farm which works faster and with less manual mistakes. When you use this method you will briefly see "Extent mode selected" in white lettering near the top of the game screen.
The bottom button closes the box.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Mar 09 2017, 05:52 PM

Thank you! Found how to exit extend mode-to find highlight is the same as my previous tool. Should it not be larger?There is no benefit to getting this tool and for what they cost it is disappointing.Yes, extend mode is GREAT for flowers, choppables and trees. I am speaking of the combines.I do not have layered crops.

Last edited by RIAP27; Mar 09 2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old Mar 09 2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Found how to exit extend mode-to find highlight is the same as my previous tool. Should it not be larger?There is no benefit to getting this tool and for what they cost it is disappointing.
Hi RIAP27,

Please see my reply to your last post. They are mainly for working overlapped fields. If you switch back to highlight mode they will work like the 16x16 older tools.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Mar 09 2017, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thank you! Found how to exit extend mode-to find highlight is the same as my previous tool. Should it not be larger?There is no benefit to getting this tool and for what they cost it is disappointing.Yes, extend mode is GREAT for flowers, choppables and trees. I am speaking of the combines.I do not have layered crops.
Hi Riap,
To add to what Tiger said, Raul did post in the section about the new tools specifically:
"Also, when these tools works in extended mode they work on an area of 5x5 fields, but when you disable the extended mode, they will start working on an area of 16x16 fields and will behave in the exact same way as the current crop tools 16x16 that we already have in the game."
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.