Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 10 2012, 01:06 PM

Default New Quest

Ok,

This is what I have to say about these,

I have 5 quest outstanding - 4 of them need something done where I would have to spend farm cash for a facility or tool(one of them need 2), which I don't have. So, now I can't do any except 1. And those 4 do not expire for 4+ days.......

I am not about to spend loads of farm cash to get some coins once a quest is complete -- I already have 800 million coins

Otherwise the few that I have done are ok.....
Old Feb 10 2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmasterd View Post
Ok,

This is what I have to say about these,

I have 5 quest outstanding - 4 of them need something done where I would have to spend farm cash for a facility or tool(one of them need 2), which I don't have. So, now I can't do any except 1. And those 4 do not expire for 4+ days.......

I am not about to spend loads of farm cash to get some coins once a quest is complete -- I already have 800 million coins

Otherwise the few that I have done are ok.....

This is where I am at. 5 quest open, all 5 require 2 or more cash facilities that I do not have the cash to buy. Yes I know all about supporting the game and I have, but currently my situation is that I can't spend the money.
So I can't do the quest, and it is 3 days till the first one expires, so I am moving on from the quest and letting them go. I love this game and I hate not being able to do them.
If it was coin facilities I would buy them in a heart beat cause I have the coin.
Old Feb 10 2012, 04:21 PM

Yeah! I have an eleven step quest! Have 7 days to finish. Wonder how many quests I can get open before I finish.
Old Feb 10 2012, 10:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I waited 7.6 days for a qwest to expire because i was 1 FC short of buying the facility to complete it. I've been at 310 since the last upgrade and MUST have a few FC in THE BANK Any way to get access to them? xcept wait till the new levels come out?
ThanXXX devs, I love the qwests anyway. A new challenge every day!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 11 2012, 03:43 AM

The quests are obviously a ploy to get us to spend money, I have 3 quests standing there doing nothing because I don't have the required facilities, but I am certainly not going to spend money just to manage these little quests... definately not.. this ploy stands out like a sore thumb.

Visit Raven Hall
Visit Witch's Coven

Old Feb 11 2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Personally, I wouldve thought the devs wouldve made the quests more teamwork oriented. Example, having to harvest a field of raspberries. Quite easy to plant/harvest your own but a bit more difficult to go to the market and do job after job until you finally get hired for a raspberry field.
Im glad they havent made them team orientated - that implies begging from neighbours etc - but the Devs have said (I think) that in the future harvesting someone elses crops etc will count. I dont have the time nor the ability (bad hands) to go harvesting for others although I do work their facilities.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Feb 11 2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenArt View Post
The quests are obviously a ploy to get us to spend money, I have 3 quests standing there doing nothing because I don't have the required facilities, but I am certainly not going to spend money just to manage these little quests... definately not.. this ploy stands out like a sore thumb.
I think you are just unlucky - I DO have all the facilities both FC and coin BUT a neighbour does not and has only had one out of several that needed a facility that was Cash. Hopefully they will eventually count work you do on others facilities to eliminate that problem.
This game is far less money orientated than some, and I like the fact that the quests arent in your face - flashing at you and saying you have to ask friends for thirty items every day.

Old Feb 11 2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
Great Idea - I find myself going back and forth. It could be done when the facility is displayed. Anyone else notice that the facility isn't displayed until you can use it?
A direct link from the Quest manager to the appropriate facility would be great - wonderful idea.

And please please please swap the icon over with the mini games one. Sorry Devs but I dont know anyone who plays the mini games - would be nice to have the quests button handy.

Old Feb 11 2012, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
You say your quests are now being repeated. I'm curious to know how many there are in the rotation. I've done 26 quests now across two sets of farms and I've not had a repeat yet. Some of them have been short and others have had 12 steps.

I find that they need to be treated just as an addition to our usual farming, enjoyed then put aside until the next day's quest.
Its pure chance from what I can see - random selection so there is a 1 in nth chance every time of getting the same one. Probably more chance of that than winning the national Lottery!!!

Old Feb 11 2012, 08:55 AM

Just started doing quests and am already having problems...on one quest I have to grow Broccolli and make steamed vegetables...I did that...I grew a large farm of Broccolli...which takes 4 days I might add...and the game did not give me credit for it saying I still need to grow broccolli. How much Broccolli do I need to grow? And also...I keep producing steamed vegetables in my facility but it doesn't show that I have produced any at all. I found that some of the quests do involve using facilities that can only be purchased with Farm Cash...so I will not be able to complete those quests.