Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 08 2012, 09:18 PM

Unhappy FC needed for quests

I dont think that buying FC should be required to complete a quest. While I am lucky enough to be able to do so, and I have, often, I have good friends who cannot afford to buy FC. They feel like the poor red-headed stepchild who cant play with the other kids because they dont have the money.
Old Feb 08 2012, 09:20 PM

Thank you, I totally agree. I am a paying supporter but many of my dear friends simply cannot.
Old Feb 09 2012, 03:42 PM

I am feeling very frustrated right now.

My last few quests had been ones that require FC facilities that I don't have and can't afford so I couldn't even hope to finish the quest. I accept this as the tradeoff for the game being free to me at this time.

However, I finally got lucky and got Produce Violet Essential Oil. I'd gotten the essential oils facility when I reached a level where I could, to diversify my production, and had even planted violets that would be ready today.

Today, I. Personally. Not a hired harvester. ME. harvested my violets and put the violet oil into production. Then I checked the quest manager to see if an old quest had expired, and noticed that I had not gotten credit in the violet oil quest for harvesting the violets. I am VERY irritated by this because even if it gives me credit for the violets next time I harvest (and I can't hold my breath for that either), I'll have to wait until the whole batch now in progress finishes, putting my completion time further back, and since the rewards are time-sensitive, I won't get as good a reward as I should have.

tl;dr: Even quests I can hope to finish are not working right and letting me finish. ANNOYED.
Old Feb 09 2012, 04:33 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl View Post
I know its been said before, and said by me!LOL But ....

I wish there was some way they could tailor the quest to facilities we have or to coin ones. Before anyone says I need to support the game, I have. A Lot. But at the current time I can not. Life happens. But all the quest I have open at this time, 4 of them, require Cash Facilities that I do not have and do not have the cash to buy. So I can not take part in the quest as much as others, and while I know quest are optional it just does not seem fair. I want to plant, and would buy facilities for coin, but I'm not getting the chance. It disheartening to wait on a quest day after day and never be able to do one.
I love this game but tonight for the first time I found myself wanting to just log off and quit it. All my friends that play are chatting away about what they are doing and getting and I'm left out. I know a lot of you and one in particular will say to bad, its about who supports the game, but I have, and I will again, if I stay with it. But this just doesnt seem right to me. Just my whine for the night.

Another day... another 20 hour wait.. and you guessed it... not one but two Cash Facilities that I don't have. I think I will quit even checking... it is just to frustrating. I sure hope the Dev are listening.....
Old Feb 09 2012, 08:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

loving the quests, am waiting for the 18th to unlock...have set up one farm as a quest farm, has all crops, trees, flowers, waters and animals on it and NO ONE works it except me!!! ha ha...had a few that required 9 steps til done, one last night was started and completed in 30 minutes...so I do wish we could start a new one as soon as we finished...but then I would not do any housework!!!!! lol thanks devs, luv yah!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 09 2012, 08:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
loving the quests, am waiting for the 18th to unlock...have set up one farm as a quest farm, has all crops, trees, flowers, waters and animals on it and NO ONE works it except me!!! ha ha...had a few that required 9 steps til done, one last night was started and completed in 30 minutes...so I do wish we could start a new one as soon as we finished...but then I would not do any housework!!!!! lol thanks devs, luv yah!!
Love that idea Rae! When the next farm is released I might make that the quest farm too. Virtually all the quests Im getting are two clicks and done but alas, today i got one with 6 steps and had all the stuff anyway because it didnt require crops etc so a quest farm will really mean being prepared! I too wish you could do another quest when one finishes, especially when they are finished so quickly.. but I do love them all the same lol
Old Feb 10 2012, 05:35 AM

Quests are optional but they are also a Dev incentive to get us to buy the facilities etc we haven't already got.
That is fine..If we can afford and what them ..we buy them..if we don't want or cannot buy then we just play the game we always did..
I like this extra theme.
i don't have all the facilities and I will just pass on any quest that requires one i don't want to buy..
Old Feb 10 2012, 07:16 AM

Really enjoying the quests. Just a little something extra to make Farm Town better.. Thanks Raul and Devs.
Old Feb 10 2012, 07:36 AM

Just wondering if anyone knows - is there somewhere we can look to see how much we have earned in total on the quests that we have done? Would just be interested to see, thats all
Old Feb 10 2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows - is there somewhere we can look to see how much we have earned in total on the quests that we have done? Would just be interested to see, thats all
Hi there.
I don't believe there is a way at the moment to see how much we have earned in total from Quests...but I must admit it would be nice to be able to check.

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm