Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2010, 11:09 PM

Still having a few problems. Watering my neighbors flowers is labor intensive with the constant "saving". I still have money deducted for moving items on my farm, and half the time I can't see anyone in the marketplace.
Old Jan 02 2010, 12:27 AM

Thumbs up Wow!

I have been away from my farm for a couple of days, and Wow! I can see the Difference you Dev's have been working on. Harvesting is FUN again, I don't worry about someone taking the crops away from me.

Plowing... I wish the XP's and Coins would update a little quicker, it is still really slow. But other than that you Dev's have made my day by listening. Thank You.
I also love the fact that I can now see what the other people are harvesting, makes me happy to know I am no longer wasting my time with "Already Done".

Thanks for listening.
Addicted to FarmTown and loving it again.
Kat
Old Jan 02 2010, 01:39 AM

Thank you Raul. I have not gotten any "already-done" messages but I have seen the talk about them. I appreciate you fixing the kinks

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...3214&farm_ix=Y
Old Jan 02 2010, 07:16 AM

Default Updates: Suggestions

I have a few suggestions...woulkd it be possible to get teepees in the building part of the store and also would like to be able to send as gifts items that i have bought or received and don't want or use anymore. Thank You
Old Jan 02 2010, 08:23 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

With regards to the server time out issue...I was on a friends farm this morning, not to harvest, not to plow, but just watering flowers. I noticed that a couple of flowers had been missed somehow, so I went back to click them again. Instead of the usual messages either saying +2 or "flowers can only be watered once..." it just said "saving." After clicking these flowers three times I was timed out from the server. So, it had nothing to do with how fast, how slow, or how accurate I was clicking.

I realize that this "saving" function and the server time out message must be part of the solution to the complaints of people losing coins and XP while working. However my problem with this solution is that when you click the green tick to acknowledge this time out it kicks you out of the job.

I've found that I can work around this by using the green plug to disconnect from the mainframe, then use the red plug to reconnect to the mainframe. Once I have returned to online mode I click like I'm going to rename the farm...then when I acknowledge that I can only rename my own farm, the server time out dialog is gone and I can continue to work.

If the server time out is a necessary evil, why not fix it so that the green tick doesn't kick you off of the job? Why not just have it disconnect from the mainframe, and reconnect to the mainframe so we can keep working?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 02 2010, 09:24 AM

Thank you!
The saving is indeed kind of slow, but I can live with it. =)
Old Jan 02 2010, 09:46 AM

Thank you Devs....things seem to have improved since my last post yesterday, I did wonder in view all the complaints you'd had since the 22nd, you'd packed your bags and abandonned ship .....I would have lol
Old Jan 02 2010, 10:35 AM

Default Items in storage

When I click on storage to reuse my items, it tells me I cannot move my items from storage to try again later. What's up with this problem???
Old Jan 02 2010, 11:05 AM
Account Not Linked

@ Debbie J. When you take the item from storage make sure you have enough room on the area within your farm to place the item.

I have received this message a number of times and when I move an item out of the way, the new item can be placed. Works for me, might not for you.

D.
Old Jan 02 2010, 01:07 PM

On server 54. I am slower than ever. Time outs are continuous. Help me developers!

P.S. Have completed all recommended changes.
Closed Thread