Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 25 2017, 09:00 AM

My bonus hasnt gone to my facebook wall but it's gone to request wall (my friend check theirs for me) normally it goes to both.

Also I've noticed farms are a bit slippy or jumpy with like harvesting crops for instance barley then randomly going to wasabi.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Aug 25 2017, 10:11 AM

There have been issues since two releases prior to this one. I am still currently having problems with harvesting trees, you have to be precise to get them all, such as when one is maybe larger than another type, I have some farms that if the trees are planted close to the flowers, I have to hide trees to harvest them, I have a farm that some of my water can't be fished. It's really annoyin to me especially because I quit all zynga games because they would never get problems resolved, but here, usually they are done within a matter of days, but this has gone on for weeks now. And before I get the standard reply, yes, I have the current version of chrome, yes, I have tried on a different browser with the same results, yes, I have cleared computer memory cache and yes I have cleared farm town cache, yes I have windows 10. So I am pretty sure this is not only affectin me. I love this game and have been with it for many years now, but please address these issues. Thanks.
Old Aug 25 2017, 10:18 AM

Wow! A new Dan level and 20 hour ships!!!!!! Happy, happy camper here! Off to buy new goodies. Thanks!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Aug 25 2017, 10:20 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you guys, as always y'all Rock.. now to go and play...
Old Aug 25 2017, 10:22 AM

Thank you. Really enjoy the game. Good job ya'll.
Old Aug 25 2017, 10:38 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the ship timing improvement - this is a GREAT thing.
Old Aug 25 2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaK View Post
Hi all, awesome update (bit costly when both hubby and wife play separately) but I do have an opinion I would like to share and by all means you can move it to the appropriate forum if need be...;

First off, thanks for the update and once again delivering the Best game on Facebook... I have been a 'farmer' since way back dot when we had to do everything manually one by one and I for one will always keep up with the game changes but I do feel for those who are either just starting out on lower levels or those who cannot for whatever reason afford to be able to spend $$ each month to keep up.. I know the amount of real money I have invested in my farms and as well my hubby and can understand when people have a whinge or a moan about the costs... BUT farmers there are 2 sides to every story and you have to remember this is a FREE game if you want it to be... the choice is always yours, conceding without some of the FC facilities you cannot always fully participate in some of the Quests.. but it does still come back to personal choice..

I am sure whilst it is free to us, there must be costs involved with the servers and the developer costs (please correct me if I am wrong) I do see both sides of the coin so to speak.. spare a thought for anyone just starting out coz I do see of lot of new players give up once they realize there is a big $ cost involved. Whilst there will always be the devoted or addicted, it is time to be addressing the issue of costing...

The game has changed so much since inception... the tools etc are awesome. From reading comments in the forum the Devs are always under pressure to come up with something new to satisfy a demand but maybe it is time to step back, make sure everything is working at 100% and players need to accept there might not always be a monthly update with heaps of new stuff.
Thanks for posting this, Julia. As a software developer myself, I can tell you that there are HUGE costs, not to mention time investments in rolling out and maintaining a game like this. Raul & team definitely have expenses and they also deserve to be paid a salary because this is (or may be) their livelihood. We really can't expect them to be delivering such an excellent product and not get paid for doing it. Or to have to put in 60 hours a week here and still work a 40 hour job because Farmtown isn't paying the bills.

One of the things I admire about this game is that you CAN play for free. You don't have to spend ANYTHING to play this game. Yes, it's harder, and yes, it's not as much fun, but the point is, they have found a way to make the game available to everyone, which I think is cool. I don't know of any other source of entertainment (movies, theater, concerts, restaurants, sports, etc.) where there's a "free section" for people who can't afford to do those things.

Sometimes I "gulp", too, when I see the cost of new items, but in my mind, just as with everything else in life, it's up to me to decide what I buy and what I don't. I'm free to choose. And I would NEVER feel that Raul et al shouldn't get paid for their efforts. This really is the best game out there. They deserve to be paid.

I'll hush now. Just feel strongly about this.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Aug 25 2017, 11:01 AM

Thank you for the great update Raul! I love it all and everything is working great for me! The "Taste of" facilities are SO cool...whoever designed them did an awesome job! They're so detailed! Looking forward to the rest that is coming!
Old Aug 25 2017, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancybl View Post
There have been issues since two releases prior to this one. I am still currently having problems with harvesting trees, you have to be precise to get them all, such as when one is maybe larger than another type, I have some farms that if the trees are planted close to the flowers, I have to hide trees to harvest them, I have a farm that some of my water can't be fished. It's really annoyin to me especially because I quit all zynga games because they would never get problems resolved, but here, usually they are done within a matter of days, but this has gone on for weeks now. And before I get the standard reply, yes, I have the current version of chrome, yes, I have tried on a different browser with the same results, yes, I have cleared computer memory cache and yes I have cleared farm town cache, yes I have windows 10. So I am pretty sure this is not only affectin me. I love this game and have been with it for many years now, but please address these issues. Thanks.
Hi Nancy,
You should not have to hide the trees to get flowers if you have the Eye set to fully closed as the trees automatically hide when you are using the flower harvester.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 25 2017, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Just a reminder to all.
If you wish to make a suggestion please post those in the Suggestions section and not in this release. The Suggestions section is where your suggestions are grouped by subject so that the developers can see them all together and choose the ones they can and wish to implement. You can not start a new thread there to keep them organized, but you can reply to a subject that fits your suggestions. Thank you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread