Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 12 2017, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
I am not exaggerating when I say 80% of the lifelines I try to use will not work for what I need. I get gift lifeline when I need to work a facility or buy at the market when it is a product of a facility which you can't buy at the marketplace, for example. So 4 out of 5 lifelines are useless. VERY frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi John,
The lifelines are assigned randomly just as the quests are. According to your data for your farms out of the last 20 quests you have done you have only requested 1 lifeline, so I am not sure where you get 80%.
If you wish to make a suggestion about changing the life lines then please post it in the Suggestions section.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 22 2018, 10:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile Quests for facilities

Quests for facilities that I have not & will not purchase, because I don't have the FarmCash. The only way I can earn FarmCash, is to complete the Quests. But, I can't complete the Quests until I've earned enough FarmCash. It's a never ending cycle. How am I supposed to earn FarmCash, when the Quests won't give me assignments with factories I do have?

Why is the system programmed to choose facilities that you don't have?

I know for sure, that they've programmed the system to choose factories that you don't have, in hopes that you'll purchase them. I understand the need for add't income. But, that is not the way I recommend earning income for the business. It's not just a coincidence that this acct, 2 out of 4 Quests are for facilities I don't have, versus another acct I have, with all the factories.

Please, advise the developers that the game should be User friendly, not Company friendly. The company will continue to receive income, but, if you look at statistics, you will find that a company that becomes greedy, loses in the long run. A good company will last when there's a balance between the companies needs and the players needs. When you offset that with making the Companies needs more important than the game players needs.

Maybe I'm wrong and it really is just a trillion to one odds that 1 out of 3 factory quests are with a facility I don't have, and for those odds to happen for 3 full months continuously, it becomes to look like it's very unlikely to be a coincidence.

I'm just asking that the dev's change the ability for the computer to choose facilities that we do have. I don't see any reason why the change can't be done. I would prefer to know that the Company has the gamers needs a priority. It will affect the way new players also play the game. If they receive too many Quests with factories they don't have, it would be another reason to add to their list about why they would quit playing the game.

Please, please, do this for everyone! Most players already feel as though the companies greed ranks higher than gamers needs.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by knolan; Jan 22 2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jan 22 2018, 10:31 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
Quests for facilities that I have not & will not purchase, because I don't have the FarmCash. The only way I can earn FarmCash, is to complete the Quests. But, I can't complete the Quests until I've earned enough FarmCash. It's a never ending cycle. How am I supposed to earn FarmCash, when the Quests won't give me assignments with factories I do have?

I know for sure, that they've programmed the system to choose factories that you don't have, in hopes that you'll purchase them. I understand the need for add't income. But, that is not the way I recommend earning income for the business. It's not just a coincidence that this acct, 2 out of 4 Quests are for facilities I don't have, versus another acct I have, with all the factories.

Please, advise the developers that the game should be User friendly, not Company friendly. The company will continue to receive income, but, if you look at statistics, you will find that a company that becomes greedy, loses in the long run. A good company will last when there's a balance between the companies needs and the players needs. When you offset that with making the Companies needs more important than the game players needs.

Maybe I'm wrong and it really is just a trillion to one odds that 1 out of 3 factory quests are with a facility I don't have, and for those odds to happen for 3 full months continuously, it becomes to look like it's very unlikely to be a coincidence.

I'm just asking that the dev's change the ability for the computer to choose facilities that we do have. I don't see any reason why the change can't be done. I would prefer to know that the Company has the gamers needs a priority. It will affect the way new players also play the game. If they receive too many Quests with factories they don't have, it would be another reason to add to their list about why they would quit playing the game.

Please, please, do this for everyone! Most players already feel as though the companies greed ranks higher than gamers needs.
Hi knolan,

I have moved your post to the feedback area as you are not requiring help with a particular quest. All we can tell you is that a program randomly picks the quest you will get and it does not look to see what facilities you own.

Please, if you would like to suggest a change for this, all suggestions for the game need to go in the suggestions area of the forum, where all ideas are gathered together in one place for the developers to see. Here's the link to that section, you can't start a new thread there, what you do is reply to one that most suits your idea >>
Here's the link to that area of the forum >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 22 2018, 11:28 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:

Actually, recently it has been 2 out of 3..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 22 2018, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Actually, recently it has been 2 out of 3..
Hi knolan,
The choosing of what quest you get is done by a random number generator program. It does not know what facilities or services you own. The fewer facilities you own the higher the chance you will get a quest for a facility you don't own. I am sorry you have gotten so many quests for facilities you don't own, but it is just the luck of the draw.
You have already added a suggestion about this and that is all you or we can do. It will be up to the developers if they change this to only select from facilities you own.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 22 2018, 07:11 PM

I am wondering why I do not have a choice as to what i wish to sell people in these quests? most of the times the majority of items are greyed out, I think it should be MY choice what i CHOOSE to sell to people, NOT random items, I have plenty to sell of these greyed out items so why am i not allowed to choose what i sell? ( speaking of cooperative quests) i think it should be our choice. hopefully the devs see this.
Old Jan 22 2018, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rakes View Post
I am wondering why I do not have a choice as to what i wish to sell people in these quests? most of the times the majority of items are greyed out, I think it should be MY choice what i CHOOSE to sell to people, NOT random items, I have plenty to sell of these greyed out items so why am i not allowed to choose what i sell? ( speaking of cooperative quests) i think it should be our choice. hopefully the devs see this.
Hi Rusty Rakes,
You can only sell items to a neighbor when they put a Help Note on the items they need. You can only choose which item to sell from the ones they put a note on as they either already have the other items or cannot put a help note on them until they get the ones they have noted.
Once you have sold 1 item in a quest to them then you can not sell any more items to them in that quest. Those are the rules.
If you want to make a suggestion to change them please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section and not in General Feedback. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Old Jan 22 2018, 08:09 PM

Smile

HiTaz,
Thank you so much for the prompt response although I did forget about the help notes, that does make much better sense, my apologies I not see the suggestion thread.
Have a wonderful night.

Last edited by Rusty Rakes; Jan 24 2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jan 24 2018, 10:32 AM

I am unable to access the suggestion forum link but I do think something should be available to bypass the quests that you can't complete because you don't have the facility needed to complete the last step. I get a lot of co-op quests that I can't complete because the last facility is not available at my level. It would be great if the programmers could put in a "pass" button in the top right for just such an occasion instead of the daunting task of programming around a particular users abilities. Just let us decide if we want to pass on the quest and free up room to take on a new quest, otherwise, (and this has happened) we are full and don't have any quests we can complete to earn our farm cash and participate with our neighbors.
Old Jan 24 2018, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidmcgyver View Post
I am unable to access the suggestion forum link but I do think something should be available to bypass the quests that you can't complete because you don't have the facility needed to complete the last step. I get a lot of co-op quests that I can't complete because the last facility is not available at my level. It would be great if the programmers could put in a "pass" button in the top right for just such an occasion instead of the daunting task of programming around a particular users abilities. Just let us decide if we want to pass on the quest and free up room to take on a new quest, otherwise, (and this has happened) we are full and don't have any quests we can complete to earn our farm cash and participate with our neighbors.
Hi sidmcgyver,
You can access the Suggestions section. You juist can not start a new thread there. This is to keep the suggestions organized by subject for the developers to see. You will need to reply to one that fits your suggestion.