Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 17 2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
Perhaps it would have been better had I said something like, "I'm sure it never occurred to the developers that introducing a single product that simultaneously more than doubled demand for kaolin clay and required nearly three weeks' output from a single mine would prove a serious challenge for us as players."

Also, Taz, may I direct your attention to just two paragraphs from my post that I think illustrate my true intention, which was to carefully and POLITELY present the case for evaluating the production of kaolin clay:

OK, so rather than just fume and complain,I did the math.
and
Dear Creative, Ingenious Fabulous Developers, I did the math for you. I hope you can see that introduction of the Restroom Supplies Facility, created a serious imbalance in KC supply and demand, one we would all like to see addressed sooner rather than later, please.

As Farm Town grows and becomes both more fun and more complex, it seems inevitable that demand for some basic products may outstrip the ability of even the most ingenious player to meet. As has been well said elsewhere, we all play out own game, and balancing the availability of products is really our own responsibility.

However, sometimes the cumulative effect of new releases is to create a supply/demand situation that needs rethinking. Case in point: More and bigger farms accompanied by more and bigger tools eventually created a demand for fuel that simply couldn't be met. The players presented their case here in the Forum and eventually the developers increased the output from each Oil Pump (and the Refinery as well, I think)

I came to the Forum to present my case and request that the developers consider looking into the issue. I could wish you had at least acknowledged that before chastising me for an unintentional faux pas.
Deanna:

I Know what your talking about I have the same problem with poly fiber
I can not produce enough for my textile mills I have 5 trains all sending in Petrochemicals and 8 oil refineries producing petro chemicals and 6 petrochemical factories producing poly fiber and my 6 textile mills can not get enough. I really need a train car to send in poly fiber.
Old Aug 17 2014, 10:11 AM

Hi, I'm having the same problems as Tartan Lady,for the past couple of hours. The game is slow loading, and when it does finally get there I can't access the facilities. Not sure about sewing plants/harvesting etc as I haven't had the chance to try those.

P.S. I'm on WF38 and using Chrome.

P.P.S. Planting crops is ok, it's opening the facilities that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply on the other thread Taz !

Last edited by peekachoo; Aug 17 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old Aug 17 2014, 11:42 AM

someone said they have 5 trains....I couldn't put a 5th train anywhere. I bought the engine for nothing. We need more cars now with some of the much needed products we can use. I don't need cows or any other animal but sheep and Llamas.
Old Aug 17 2014, 11:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolann43 View Post
someone said they have 5 trains....I couldn't put a 5th train anywhere. I bought the engine for nothing. We need more cars now with some of the much needed products we can use. I don't need cows or any other animal but sheep and Llamas.
Hello Carolann,

You can put 1 of each type of engine for a total of 5 engines on your farm, you just can't put a second train of the same type. You can put one of each of the following a standard engine, enhanced engine, supreme engine, ultimate engine and turbo engine, they can be on one farm or any farm you want them on. Also you can have 5 of the same boxcar as long as they are connected to separate engines.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Aug 17 2014, 12:37 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Working facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanLady View Post
having trouble loading game and when it does lod get the timeout errors also facilities not loading seems to have gone real slow since last update dont know if its connected
I was able to work them yesterday, but today I try to work my neighbors facilities and I continually time out. The Mayor does all my facilities for me, so a farm that takes a minute normally is taking 5 minutes. There is definitely an issue. I don't have a problem working on my own farm.
Old Aug 17 2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Hello Carolann,

You can put 1 of each type of engine for a total of 5 engines on your farm, you just can't put a second train of the same type. You can put one of each of the following a standard engine, enhanced engine, supreme engine, ultimate engine and turbo engine, they can be on one farm or any farm you want them on. Also you can have 5 of the same boxcar as long as they are connected to separate engines.
Knight, is it 5 total for the whole 23 farms, or could you have 5 engines per farm? Just curious.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 17 2014, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Knight, is it 5 total for the whole 23 farms, or could you have 5 engines per farm? Just curious.
SeaJay,
It is 5 total. You can either put them all on one farm or you can spread them out any way you want over your farms but the total number can only be 5 which is 1 of each engine. No duplicates.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 17 2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
SeaJay,
It is 5 total. You can either put them all on one farm or you can spread them out any way you want over your farms but the total number can only be 5 which is 1 of each engine. No duplicates.
Good to know. I don't think I would have bought any more engines in the near future, but I might have if they released a bunch of new cars not knowing I could only have 5.
Thanks

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 17 2014, 02:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Majik,
You have not been able to work just anyone's facility posts for a long time. You must be at least friends with the person to be able to work them.
I get this message quite often when I click on the link to Show FarmTown Wall Requests but if I go to their Facebook page and click on the link there I'm able to work their facilities.
Old Aug 17 2014, 02:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Hi, I'm having the same problems as Tartan Lady,for the past couple of hours. The game is slow loading, and when it does finally get there I can't access the facilities. Not sure about sewing plants/harvesting etc as I haven't had the chance to try those.

P.S. I'm on WF38 and using Chrome.

P.P.S. Planting crops is ok, it's opening the facilities that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply on the other thread Taz !
don't forget that FB likes to put out "upgrades" on weekends. i had an hour earlier where i couldn't get in but now i can.
Closed Thread