Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 23 2021, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Supertrucker,
The tools they have released do not do the layering as some are want to do. The EX tools will not create the layering, but only will harvest, replow and plant those fields. That was to help those who work on those fields. The tree flower, and water Turbo tools will only harvest the large amounts of trees, flowers, and waters. They will not layer them where more than one item is on a single square. The freestyle hands are the same as they will not layer anything directly on top oif anything else.

The layering the developers will not allow instructions for in the forums and have always said could cause problems with your farms are placing more than 1 item in a single square the size of a pine tree by tricks.
i get that part, but it's a little hypocritical of them to discourage layering/stacking, but create tools that WILL allow overlapping of almost everything, as well as tools that will harvest, plow, and/or plant layered - or 'overlapped' - fields, trees, etc.

not looking to start a war of words, just trying to figure out whether i should un-layer some farms that are currently used ONLY for crop production (haven't had any issues thus far, but the graphics are a little slow when more than one layer on a farm is planted)

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old May 23 2021, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
i get that part, but it's a little hypocritical of them to discourage layering/stacking, but create tools that WILL allow overlapping of almost everything, as well as tools that will harvest, plow, and/or plant layered - or 'overlapped' - fields, trees, etc.

not looking to start a war of words, just trying to figure out whether i should un-layer some farms that are currently used ONLY for crop production (haven't had any issues thus far, but the graphics are a little slow when more than one layer on a farm is planted)
Hi Supertrucker,
The more you add on a farm the more chance you have of slowdowns and possibly damaging the farm. The problem is some people carry it on too far and cause problems. Sometimes we can fix the damage, but there are times when we can't fix it. The tools were more for the working of those farms specially when you are hired to work them.

That is why we still discourage the layering, because it can cause problems. The layering was never a designed part of the game, but once it was discovered there really wasn't a way for them to stop it. The tools came later.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 28 2021, 09:49 AM

While not originally allowed it has become part of the fabric of this game. If the ability to layer (9 layers) is removed the longstanding players will not be able to post their farms daily and support the amount of Facilities they have purchased. This means $ to the game owners and a change that would remove a large % of players from playing. My opinion.
Old May 28 2021, 09:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstebbens View Post
While not originally allowed it has become part of the fabric of this game. If the ability to layer (9 layers) is removed the longstanding players will not be able to post their farms daily and support the amount of Facilities they have purchased. This means $ to the game owners and a change that would remove a large % of players from playing. My opinion.
Hi Sstebbens,
I moved your last post to the Discussion thread about layering. The Game Migration Thread is not the place for opinions or discussion on layering.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 28 2021, 12:12 PM
Account Not Linked

I am trying to add the new trees to my farms but no matter what I try it shows red and wont let me plant any. What do I need to do? Thank you
Old May 28 2021, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele37 View Post
I am trying to add the new trees to my farms but no matter what I try it shows red and wont let me plant any. What do I need to do? Thank you
Hi Michele,
You need to have a clear space to place the trees. If you are trying to layer them on top of other things that is a layering trick and we can not help you with that. We are not allowed nor can we allow others to post layering instructions in the forums.
Old May 31 2021, 01:43 PM

Default layers

How do you do layers?
Old May 31 2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOBOOP1961 View Post
How do you do layers?
Hi BOOBOOP

I moved your post to General Feedback.

Layering is a trick so you will not find instructions here on the forums. We are not allowed nor can we allow others to post layering instructions in the forums.
Old May 31 2021, 07:56 PM

Many of us have spent a LOT of $$$ on the EX tools to handle layered crops, trees, water, etc. If they remove all layering, then do we have the right to be compensated for what we spent for such? That is my issue with losing layering. It will hurt the game IMO.
Old May 31 2021, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Many of us have spent a LOT of $$$ on the EX tools to handle layered crops, trees, water, etc. If they remove all layering, then do we have the right to be compensated for what we spent for such? That is my issue with losing layering. It will hurt the game IMO.
Hi Riap,
No one has said you will lose layering. We do not know what layering methods work now nor which ones will work in the future.