Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 01:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

I would completely support limited hiring. "Too many workers" is the biggest complaint I hear about on my farm. That is why I hire one, and sometimes two workers, maximum, to work on my farm. I have received many comment from people who thank me for limiting the number of workers on my farm. There are many people with slow connections and they're left out in the cold because of people with very fast connections. By limiting the number of workers it will equal the playing field in a more fair way, yet not slow down someone who may have a fast connection.

Another valid reason for limiting the number of workers that can be hired on a farm is this: I have been hire to work on numerous farms and have found sometimes 6 and 8 other workers there when I arrive. Some of these farms are the smallest a player can actually have in the game. I've yet to understand why 8 workers would be needed on the smallest farm in the game. But, for some reason, there are farmers who feel the need to hire that many workers at one time. That, to me, is a lack of consideration for other only to satisfy one's own lack of patience to wait an extra few minutes for one or two workers to complete the tasks at hand.

Just the thoughts of a Level 60 player here. But, I'll support the developers...no matter what they decide.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:27 AM

Talking Thankyou SO much!!

I'm so happy you're going back to how it was before. It wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable and usable and my favourite game on facebook.
And if the issues with putting trees on top of your crops is caused by a separate update I would love for that to go back to how it was as well. I love having my trees surrounded by plants

Thank you for listening to your users, it is appreciated. Limiting hires is an option. However, it is a game and meant to be competitive. Each farmer has the choice of leaving if there are too many others. Many in the marketplace make it clear that they only want solo jobs. They seem to be hired. Personally, I generally hire one rarely two. The game seems to move faster that way. But, I like having the freedom to choose how many to hire.

Forcing farmers to stay until the harvest has been completed has also been suggested. That I oppose. Most of us have lives after all and life can get in the way of a game. If one needs to leave, one should be able to do so.
Account Not Linked

I think if you limit workers to about 2 or 3 that may be a help. It seems to slow things down if more are in the room at one time. Thanks for your work.
Account Not Linked

My friends and myself are happy with the new way..
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:28 AM

I agree with everyone's complaints about over-hiring. But I just wanted to reinforce that some of us (friends) gather on farm and work together. It's how we socialize ... talk about the kids, work, holiday plans, vacation ...

I wish the solution to over-hiring didn't have to be so severe.

It's a Wonderful Life
No Imagination
Chapel in the Woods
William's Tudor
Wildwood Doo Wop
Frozen in Time

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1362884000
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:31 AM
Account Not Linked

Default It is absolutely too slow

even if it is only you harvesting or plowing, the "wait i'm busy" sign is back and............................................... ......................it takes forever to harvest or plow................. too slow...................................
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:31 AM

quit yelling at us all!
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:32 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Old Version

Hopefully going back to the old version as is indicated will happen will also mean reducing the size of the plant/harvest cursor? I can see it being a little bigger, but my God...it was bigger than a plot of farm land. Please make my Christmas wish come true and reduce the size. And if I didn't post this in the right location...tough..
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONELLA99 View Post
even if it is only you harvesting or plowing, the "wait i'm busy" sign is back and............................................... ......................it takes forever to harvest or plow................. too slow...................................
That is what raul is saying, he and slash key are changing it back but he needs our opinion
Closed Thread