Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2012, 07:37 AM

Thank you for the new release! Good timing!
Old Dec 24 2012, 08:34 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm not having problems switching from job to job (harvest/plow to chop) or farm to farm.

Someone have theirs trees and flowers overlapped that I need to go from chainsaw to axe to finish or from flower harvester to single harvest to finish.
going from the multi tool to the single tool for the same job is where I am loosing the chest.
So I cannot start with the chainsaw and then switch to the axe without loosing the bonus.
Old Dec 24 2012, 09:12 AM

I haven't tried it as an employee yet but from an employer point of view goes on the bonus chest. I feel that it should be based on the whole job, all crops, trees, flowers, and fish. When I hire someone to do everything I want everything done. I thought the bonus was intended to give the employee incentive to complete the job, from what I have been reading this is not going to work this way and may cause them to bail more often. I usually only hire one person at a time but I no many that don't, how does this work if you have multiple people on the farm? Do they all get a part of the bonus? It seems like this would slow them down having to stop and claim you bonus before changing tools. If you happen to be one that shares the work say with someone that doesn't have tools (or does), if you do your share and leave the rest for them, I would guess that you cannot claim the bonus because you haven't finished the job. I think it is a great idea because I do think the workers should have incentive to complete the job they are hired for, I just think the current process needs a little tweaking. I am sure the devs will do that and take some our ideas and make it better.
Old Dec 24 2012, 09:26 AM

Thumbs down When will the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed?

While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Dec 24 2012, 09:43 AM
Account Not Linked

The first time I was hired in the market it was for everything and the bonus worked well (as long as I remembered to collect them). The next time it was only to chop but I could not access the chain saw and had to use the axe but had no problem in accepting the bonus. The next time I was hired was to harvest and plow a heavily stacked farm, only to find there were already at least three or four others also hired for the job. I was there (think I was the last) when the job was completed but it would not let me accept the bonus it said the job was not finished. Has anyone else had that experience?
Old Dec 24 2012, 10:05 AM

Default Chain saw not available

I've had the same problem when hired to chop only.... only the single axe is available. My end around has been to ask the farmer to rehire me with an additional tool, and that does seem to give me the chainsaw, but in doing that I lose the bonus for finishing the job. Between these two glitches, more people are going to bail than ever before. I hope this gets fixed soon.
Old Dec 24 2012, 10:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to janbow

Thanks so much. Love love the game. Appreciate all the hard work.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Raul and devs!!
Old Dec 24 2012, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.
Just because you make a suggestion does not mean they will do it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2012, 12:06 PM

Default Chainsaw Issue

Good day,

Since the new release if I get hired for multipul things on a farm my Chainsaw will work. If I get hired to Chop only only the Ax shows up. I thought I would bring this to your attention and see if there is something that can be done about it.

Thanks
Pumpkin aka Patrick

Carpe-Diem Seize the Day
Old Dec 24 2012, 01:10 PM

thank you, the only issue that I can find is that I am unable to use my saw when asked to chop..please fix this.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Closed Thread