Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 14 2010, 02:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I must be dense on this tree thing. I was going to arrange my trees in a way that would work should I hire someone who uses teh chopper. However, I simply do not understand how they should be arranged. I realize they should be 4 rows of 8 trees going from left to right or right to left. I take it that the chopper chops a rectangle and it cannot be rotated. However, I was told it does less oaks than pines, so am assuming that this arrangement is for pines. How about bamboo, oak and cinnamon. Is the arrangement the same for them? Surely there must be instructions for teh slow of learning somewhere on this forum. I would think it would be spelled out somewhere so that people can know exactly what was needed before even buying the equipment, such as arrangement and amount of fuel required. If there is such a place, would someoen please send me a link or tell me where to go to find it.
I think you are making it way more complicated than it is lol. ALL trees are best harvested in the 4 x 8 arrangement.

The Game Guide, linked in my signature, is your best bet for information on the forum, but it also just says the 4x8 bit.
Old Nov 14 2010, 02:29 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
I must be dense on this tree thing. I was going to arrange my trees in a way that would work should I hire someone who uses teh chopper. However, I simply do not understand how they should be arranged. I realize they should be 4 rows of 8 trees going from left to right or right to left. I take it that the chopper chops a rectangle and it cannot be rotated. However, I was told it does less oaks than pines, so am assuming that this arrangement is for pines. How about bamboo, oak and cinnamon. Is the arrangement the same for them? Surely there must be instructions for teh slow of learning somewhere on this forum. I would think it would be spelled out somewhere so that people can know exactly what was needed before even buying the equipment, such as arrangement and amount of fuel required. If there is such a place, would someoen please send me a link or tell me where to go to find it.
I have the chopper--I have found that it doesn't matter whether the trees go right to left or up and down. Further, if you don't have enough trees of a certain kind to make eight across, you can put trees of shorter dimension next to them and the chopper will do all trees regardless of size at once. i.e.---I have pine trees and cinnamon trees next to one another and it gets them all at once. I know that this doesn't help a whole lot as you had a lot of questions---but hopefully it helps a little.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 14 2010, 02:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbean View Post
Personally I don't think you should be able to use the large harvesters and plowers when working for othersl. Trying to force us to buy dollars for these items. Can't compete at market when others have the use of these tools. How does everyone else feel about this.
Well im disapointed only the FC tools can be used, but its STILL a great idea, even if i have any or not.
As an "employer" - granted i'll jump on someone saying they have a 4x4 before ill jump on someone else, - however that will help immensly on all those "crumbs" that always want to hire 2 to 5 ppl to work the same stinking farm, thus straining the servers and increasing the likeliness of timeouts for the workers.

Another benefit might be that the work goes faster than that individuals previous max speed while working, so if you end up hiring someone with a slow pc on connection
(the ones that make you grit your teeth cause they go so slow), that even they will have speeded up a bit with a 4x4.

Like i said it SUCKS only the premo tools are included in what we can use to work elsewhere, cause thats the biggest things i been wishing we could do since i started this game, but thats no reason to cry "foul".
It's actually a blessing almost.
It will make the person hiring more than 1 person per farm look bad for doing so, and also a resounding problem the devs may see in thier decision on not including the use of the 3x3 tools for other farms.
Let it play out...
I quit trying to find work at the market almost a year ago because ppl cant just hire 1 person.
It's not worth my time, and i always left right away if i saw another person there - even if it was pineapples....

Maybe if we scream loud enough the devs might reconsider, who knows?

Last edited by Duck Duck Goose; Nov 14 2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old Nov 14 2010, 02:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna

"Personally I don't think you should be able to use the large harvesters and plowers when working for others. Trying to force us to buy dollars for these items. Can't compete at market when others have the use of these tools. How does everyone else feel about this. "

I wondered how long it would take to gripe about this, come one farmers, this was asked for by many and received. There is plenty of work at the marketplace. I quit going because I had so much trouble hiring anyone to do my work. It took way longer to hire than to do it myself. If this gets me more ability to hire, I am all for it. Thanks Devs for listening and making this game more challenging all the time. I am now doing lists of things to plant. And I refuse to get any more facilities, can't keep up with the ones I have!!!! Such fun!!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 14 2010, 03:01 PM

First time posting ... big time Farm Town junkie. Just HAD to say how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. Really appreciate how the developers obviously listen to the players. I no sooner wish for something and BOOM! it's there. The "sell all shown" button is awesome! Keep up the great work peeps!
Old Nov 14 2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
I think you are making it way more complicated than it is lol. ALL trees are best harvested in the 4 x 8 arrangement.

The Game Guide, linked in my signature, is your best bet for information on the forum, but it also just says the 4x8 bit.
I made a row of pines followed by a row of oaks followed by a row of bamboo. If I calculated correctly, an oak takes the space of 4 pines and the bamboo take the same space as a pine. I am sure I am making it more complicated than it needs to be.
Old Nov 14 2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I made a row of pines followed by a row of oaks followed by a row of bamboo. If I calculated correctly, an oak takes the space of 4 pines and the bamboo take the same space as a pine. I am sure I am making it more complicated than it needs to be.
I have rows of two Oak trees with 4 pine trees and it works O.K. for me.
Old Nov 14 2010, 04:05 PM

Chopper works great no matter what. I have a miss mash of trees and it's all good. Love the chain saw!

I have to say, fishing with my boat on other farms, EXCELLENT!!! And lol, say your willing to fish and you get hired FAST!
Old Nov 14 2010, 04:42 PM

Default Workers in the market

I really don't think the new tools are going to affect hiring very much. People who want to work by going to the Market Place just have to make themselves available.

I go to the Market Place to hire regulary and my biggest frustration (and one I hear all the time from the other farmers there) is that very few people actually want to be hired.
Old Nov 14 2010, 05:46 PM

Default RE: The Next New Facilities Release

Please change the items list ahead of time before you release new facilities. Before the release of these new facilities, i have lots of cods that I harvested for the whole week. The day before the release of these new facilities, i sold them to the market. This is really annoying that I bought the facilities and I have to wait for the next harvests again before I can use them. This is kinda weird. The best way to implement new facilities like these is to give us details of what items we need for the new facilities coming out. Don't make this a spoiled surprise. Ok, we got new facilities... but no items to use. What's the sense?
Closed Thread