Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 05 2010, 01:48 PM

I know how to set up a group, but how in the world do you change the privacy settings for that one group? I've clicked and clicked and looked and looked, but don't see how to so it. Someone help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmygee12 View Post
you can set em' up as a group then limit their access to your info. Just a thought....
Old Apr 05 2010, 01:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
My Sis tested this......setting up a separate list in FB for adding friends that you want to be your neighbor in FT and it is true they can't see anything you don't allow them to..... the only thing you would want them to see is your Farm Town announcements........ it works .......... so try it out with someone you trust first as we did....... then you can add people to that list........Besides you know when we got the 2nd farm everyone complained then too...... costs too much.... why is it level restricted blah blah.....We don't know if this neighbor requirement is something that Facebook has made the FT dev's and owners do..... so ummmm we all should find out where to place blame before we complain......
Interesting you should mention that. When I noticed that one of the buildings in FT had been reduced from 300.000 coin to 80,000 coins I pointed it out in a post. First I was told (in a nutshell) that I had lost my mind. Then I looked @ an old data sheet I had and there it was. What had been 300,000 was now 80,000. I was roundly chastised for pointing it out and also was told that this is a Beta-stage game and as such the devs can change anything they see fit at anytime and if you are caught in the change then Oh Well your loss. Even if I had enough neighbors to be able to buy a third farm I would not choose to participate on the grounds that if I have to harass my friends who do not choose to play FT just to get them to sign up so I can gain neighbors then the devs decide maybe they don't want to require 30 neighbors maybe they want 40 or 15 then I've bugged a lot of people and all for nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 05 2010, 02:10 PM

Default Some missing Facilities

Coincidental to upgrades, SOME of my new facilities are missing. Anyone else having this problem? Tried refreshing, etc, the usual fixes & nothing has worked. Some of my buildings are there, some are not. Very odd.
Old Apr 05 2010, 02:19 PM

Unhappy Missing stuff

I know it doesn't help but I'm having exactly the same problems I have lost a lot of items not just buildings tried sending an email but no answer as yet
Old Apr 05 2010, 02:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJane View Post
Totally agree.
Also should have the option to buy new facilities (like the juicer) with coins not FTcash, as being level 80, you don't get anything, and I don't want to install apps after apps after apps.

However, I plod along with two farms (one does nothing and is just pretty, the 2nd gets me coins, just for fun. (well, to pass the time lol)
If they have every item available for coins and cash, then why have the cash. This game is by far the least money greedy game I play, most games have all the really good stuff for cash only and some don't even give you a way to earn free cash, that includes getting $1 for every level you advance. For the most part these games are free to us but they still need to make money from the game. That money comes form adds on FB, offers that we can do both the free ones and the ones you can pay for, and from people spending real money on FC. This is just a reality of the games on FB all games have the premium items that you will have to either pay for or earn the cash another way, that is not going away, (at the risk of sounding like a witch) either put up or shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROOPEWAFFELS View Post
Ok I am trying to add more people to my neighbor list,, but is there a specific number that is a "cut off" number like am I only allowed to have 30 neighbors ??? or can I have 50 neighbors if I want ???? I think most of us would like to know, if this has been answered before I am sorry :-)
Myspace can have 20 neighbors max, FB 80 neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
beg to differ about the app of the day. Residing right now on my hard-drive is an app of the day downloaded executable. I have not yet deleted it just out of pure laziness but soon will. So there goes that theory.They say if you don't use it you will not get your FC. So I ask myself how would they know if I had it installed or not. The obvious answer is it installs a tracking cookie and and dll. Which was my point over two weeks ago and nobody believed it. How about now guys........believe it yet?
There are two types of games you can add to earn farm cash, they are the app of the day and play this game for x fc. Now the app of the day doesn't download anything to your computer but the other type of game requires you to download a game to your computer, this is the one that will put spy ware on your computer that is hard to get off. You can tell the difference 2 ways if there is an app of the day it is the first thing listed always. The other way is if you click on the link is get taken to a page that doesn't say allow this app then that is not the app of the day.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 05 2010, 02:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbrown2000 View Post
I know how to set up a group, but how in the world do you change the privacy settings for that one group? I've clicked and clicked and looked and looked, but don't see how to so it. Someone help!

Go to fb click on account then edit friends, once that page comes up click on friends, now at the top of that list there will be create new list button click on that and now name it anything you want. You can add friends you have now to this list or leave it empty for now to add to later. Now go to privacy settings, everything that is on that list has a drop down menu click on it and click on customize and you now have two choices they are make this visible to and hide from. In the hide from box type in the name you gave the list of friends you made, click on that name when it comes up and the people on that list will not be able to see that information about you. Once you have that done click on back to privacy and click on contact information and do the same thing with the information there. Now you don't have to hide everything from them you can hide one category but not another category just depends on how you feel about that information. Now when you add a new friend there is an option when you send a friend request or accept a friend request to add them to a list. At this time if you want they can be added to that list you made and they will see only what you let people on that list see.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 05 2010, 03:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
If they have every item available for coins and cash, then why have the cash. This game is by far the least money greedy game I play, most games have all the really good stuff for cash only and some don't even give you a way to earn free cash, that includes getting $1 for every level you advance. For the most part these games are free to us but they still need to make money from the game. That money comes form adds on FB, offers that we can do both the free ones and the ones you can pay for, and from people spending real money on FC. This is just a reality of the games on FB all games have the premium items that you will have to either pay for or earn the cash another way, that is not going away, (at the risk of sounding like a witch) either put up or shut up.

Myspace can have 20 neighbors max, FB 80 neighbors.

There are two types of games you can add to earn farm cash, they are the app of the day and play this game for x fc. Now the app of the day doesn't download anything to your computer but the other type of game requires you to download a game to your computer, this is the one that will put spy ware on your computer that is hard to get off. You can tell the difference 2 ways if there is an app of the day it is the first thing listed always. The other way is if you click on the link is get taken to a page that doesn't say allow this app then that is not the app of the day.
What I mentioned in my post is or was definitely the app of the day.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 05 2010, 03:37 PM

Default 3rd farm

why does this have to be tied to how may neighbors you have?
Old Apr 05 2010, 03:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Need neighbors for new land.... here is my link to add me
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1439333538
Old Apr 05 2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxymarea View Post
Need neighbors for new land.... here is my link to add me
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1439333538
Hi there. Here is the neighbors thread:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...ight=neighbors