Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 20 2016, 05:02 PM

Default what is going on?

there are several things going on and as a long time player i am not liking what i am seeing. terrible contest with terrible prizes totally not worth the time and effort and glitches it has caused. known issues such as the servers not being able to handle the load of stacked ponds, even when there are not many people playing, the lag is terrible. the cost of farms keeps escalating, it seems to me that the longer this game is on the more expensive it becomes with even less reward! we spent our hard earned money, we keep having the same issues, and yet the only thing i can see that is happening is the adding of new material making the game run even slower, games that are not worth anything, more and more limitations to people that actually spend the money on the game, even when they help those out who cant afford to spend the money for fc. it is clear to me that the developers are more interested i getting the money than fixing the problems that do exist, 1st if your servers cant handle the load then fix that problem, second stop with the idiotic and pointless contest that mean nothing and basically get you nothing, and finally, third, stop making upgrades and new stuff and then putting them into the game and then having to go back and fix the bugs it caused because you can't run tests first, because that is totally untrue. if you want me to continue playing, and spending my hard earned money on fc then i highly suggest that you fix these problems!
Old Apr 21 2016, 01:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams View Post
there are several things going on and as a long time player i am not liking what i am seeing. terrible contest with terrible prizes totally not worth the time and effort and glitches it has caused. known issues such as the servers not being able to handle the load of stacked ponds, even when there are not many people playing, the lag is terrible. the cost of farms keeps escalating, it seems to me that the longer this game is on the more expensive it becomes with even less reward! we spent our hard earned money, we keep having the same issues, and yet the only thing i can see that is happening is the adding of new material making the game run even slower, games that are not worth anything, more and more limitations to people that actually spend the money on the game, even when they help those out who cant afford to spend the money for fc. it is clear to me that the developers are more interested i getting the money than fixing the problems that do exist, 1st if your servers cant handle the load then fix that problem, second stop with the idiotic and pointless contest that mean nothing and basically get you nothing, and finally, third, stop making upgrades and new stuff and then putting them into the game and then having to go back and fix the bugs it caused because you can't run tests first, because that is totally untrue. if you want me to continue playing, and spending my hard earned money on fc then i highly suggest that you fix these problems!
I totally agree with you
Old Apr 22 2016, 05:01 AM

Default last time

due to the greed of the developers, who take two weeks to change a gift giving option, by not only first removing the option to begin with, but to increase the initial. instead work working on known problems that have been there for years, lag, hop barley oat residual on 9x farms, buggy and glitched updates that could be avoided... etc instead of fixing these known items they increase their own bottom line, as if we didn't spend enough playing this game in the first place.
when the greed of the game developers out weigh the fun of the game it is time to stop! for me this has happened, it has become worse over the years and they refuse to change or fix the problems that have existed for years, why dont they fix these problems, it is very simple really, the truly do not care, they have proven that by ignoring it, and they will continue to ignore it.
Old Apr 30 2016, 03:01 PM

Default your untimely maintenance

A large thank you for performing maintenance this AM causing me to loose a quest I was working on. Some people can not make-believe farm all day, some of us have REAL jobs and commitments and I was unable to complete this quest before it expired. Again, A BIG THANK YOU!!!!
Old Apr 30 2016, 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcashman View Post
A large thank you for performing maintenance this AM causing me to loose a quest I was working on. Some people can not make-believe farm all day, some of us have REAL jobs and commitments and I was unable to complete this quest before it expired. Again, A BIG THANK YOU!!!!
Hi mbcashman,
I am sorry this happened to you, but sometimes the only way to fix some problems is to take the game off line so they can fix it. As the least number of players are playing during the late night/early morning hours then that is the time that effects the least amount of players.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 01 2016, 03:25 AM

Anyone who is having trouble loading because they have 9x farms or ponds stacked to the point it is ridiculous, has NO REASON TO WHINE, nor to expect the developers to speed it up for them. The game was not intended to be played like that, and the people who take advantage of this layering glitch, should know that the farms will slow down.
Old May 01 2016, 05:33 AM

I agree with Queen of Clutter, some farms are stacked to a ridiculous point when everyone knows that it slows the game down and is not an official operation for this reason.
I disagree that the game developers are greedy and only want our money. I have never had money to spare for this game and it used to be a game for the haves and a different, very impoverished game for the have nots. I think the quests and contest open up the game and make many cash items available even if we don't have spare real money. It's thanks to the quests that I have been able to buy cash items I never dreamed possible.
Nothing to do with this thread but another observation of mine is that some people expect to have everything they want, instantly. Real life is not like that for most people.
Some people forget this is a game!
Old May 01 2016, 07:17 AM

Great game, I have been playing it since a month after it started and you could only play by invitation of another player. I spend money on it and don't regret a penny of it. I also don't use the stacking tool and have plenty of items to play all farms and every facility. My game speed is fine.

Lara's Farm
Old May 01 2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkies View Post
I agree with Queen of Clutter, some farms are stacked to a ridiculous point when everyone knows that it slows the game down and is not an official operation for this reason.
I disagree that the game developers are greedy and only want our money. I have never had money to spare for this game and it used to be a game for the haves and a different, very impoverished game for the have nots. I think the quests and contest open up the game and make many cash items available even if we don't have spare real money. It's thanks to the quests that I have been able to buy cash items I never dreamed possible.
Nothing to do with this thread but another observation of mine is that some people expect to have everything they want, instantly. Real life is not like that for most people.
Some people forget this is a game!
thats the point it shouldnt slow the game down, and if it is a glitch why havent they fixed it yet? it has been years, they dont want to fix this so called glitch and i will tell you why they wont fix this glitch, people who use the "glitch" are the people who spend a ton of money on tools and upgrades and fc facilities. that is why they wont fix the "glitch" because it isnt a glitch, they allow it to happen. they have fixed other glitches such as the bait glitch, overstocking animals from gifts glitch...etc this one has been around for years and they havent done it. no it isnt ridiculous to want them to speed it up and it isnt instant satisfaction, it has been around for years!!!!!! essentially the people who play the game and spend their money for the farm cash to spend in the game, are using a service, so i pay for the service to play them gam, why because they want me to spend money, on the service they proivide, this is why they continue to put more fc items into the game so that more money can be spent, it is a service, i have spent the money on the items so that the "glitch" can be utilize, which is exactly what they want to happen, but through GREED, they refuse to either stop the glitch from happening, or the continue to let it happen so that more fc is spent knowing full well that it will slow the servers, and yet refuse to fix it and or speed it up. And additionally, life is like that when you are paying for a service, if you are not getting the service that you are paying for, 1. you complain until it is fixed. 2. you do nothing and live with it and get ripped off. 3. you stop using the service. i guarantee that if even a quarter of the people stopped spending money on fc until the sped up the service they provide, it wouldnt be long until they did! IT is greed, yes it is a game, but it is a game most of us have spent actual real money on! and continue to spend money on to advance further into the game, that makes it a service.
tell you what next time you go get a steak and one it is smaller than you thought it should be and over or under cooked, dont send it back eat it anyway, and keep doing that at the same place every single time! the principals are the same. its not whining to ask what you pay for, paid for the tools the farms the upgrades so that the tools could be used, the so called "glitch" is a myth, they want it there, therefore they should do what it takes to ensure that what they have allowed to be done could be done, it is part of the game, because they havent stopped the so called "glitch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 01 2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams View Post
due to the greed of the developers, who take two weeks to change a gift giving option, by not only first removing the option to begin with, but to increase the initial. instead work working on known problems that have been there for years, lag, hop barley oat residual on 9x farms, buggy and glitched updates that could be avoided... etc instead of fixing these known items they increase their own bottom line, as if we didn't spend enough playing this game in the first place.
when the greed of the game developers out weigh the fun of the game it is time to stop! for me this has happened, it has become worse over the years and they refuse to change or fix the problems that have existed for years, why dont they fix these problems, it is very simple really, the truly do not care, they have proven that by ignoring it, and they will continue to ignore it.
I am having to disagree highly with this comment.
Farm Town is the LESS GREEDY game out of many game I have played or still play.
I will keep paying for FT as it is my #1 game on FB.
As for lag problems, well I have discovered that graphics is the issue and not bugs within the game. I upgraded my graphics card in my main machine and can now load FT farms (of my own) in full screen mode without issues, although it does slow when trying to load every item on that farm, hence why I hide all but crops trees flowers and ponds when I play.
My other pc which I play FT on with a 2nd account (yes I'm an addict) is a much older machine with only a single core processor, so only one item is shown at any one one (ie crops or trees), and when working farms I only show the top corner of the crop field section to keep the speed up. I can only use this pc as I upgraded with the same graphics card (would not load FT before this card) but the pc is too old and slow.
I will soon be forking out £210 for a new motherboard and i5 processor for my main pc then using the old board and chip in my older pc so I can then play FT properley on both pc's.
FT has become very heavy on memory and graphics, but a little money on pc items can easily overcome these game issues, and no you do not need the latest DDR4 set up, DDR3 boards with series 4 i5 1150 chips will easily manage the game.
(had to get that of my chest)
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity