Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 15 2015, 12:45 AM

Question

MESSAGES SENT TO ME:
Attention: Farm Town announced that if you send this message to 35 persons minimum, you'll receive 50 000 Green Dollars to better your farm since Farm Town members say they have dificulty obtaining them. Time limit: Sept. 30-Nov. 29. It will not be repeated.
Just copy and paste and send on
Chat Conversation End

MY REPLY:
<<<ANOTHER PERSON SENDING ME SILLYNESS
WHERE DID YOU PEOPLE SEE SLASHKEY WRITING THIS INFO???
YOU ARE THE SECOND PERSON SENDING ME THIS STUFF... UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT THIS IS REAL... >>>>

MY REQUEST TO YOU SLASHKEY:
SO FAR I HAVE RECEIVED 6 OF THESE MESSAGES FROM NEIGHBORS... EITHER A INFECTION IS GOING AROUND, OR I HAVE A BUNCH OF SILLY NEIGHBORS WHO CAN NOT TELL A HOAX FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND...
SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TELL ME IF THIS IS REAL... I HAVE NOT FOUND A POST ON YOUR SITE SO FAR....
OR YOU MIGHT CONSIDER MAKING A POST DEBUNKING THIS BEFORE THE ENTIRE NETWORK GETS TO POSTING THESE MESSAGES AROUND...
Old Nov 15 2015, 12:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULKOPERA@AOL.COM View Post
MESSAGES SENT TO ME:
Attention: Farm Town announced that if you send this message to 35 persons minimum, you'll receive 50 000 Green Dollars to better your farm since Farm Town members say they have dificulty obtaining them. Time limit: Sept. 30-Nov. 29. It will not be repeated.
Just copy and paste and send on
Chat Conversation End

MY REPLY:
<<<ANOTHER PERSON SENDING ME SILLYNESS
WHERE DID YOU PEOPLE SEE SLASHKEY WRITING THIS INFO???
YOU ARE THE SECOND PERSON SENDING ME THIS STUFF... UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT THIS IS REAL... >>>>

MY REQUEST TO YOU SLASHKEY:
SO FAR I HAVE RECEIVED 6 OF THESE MESSAGES FROM NEIGHBORS... EITHER A INFECTION IS GOING AROUND, OR I HAVE A BUNCH OF SILLY NEIGHBORS WHO CAN NOT TELL A HOAX FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND...
SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TELL ME IF THIS IS REAL... I HAVE NOT FOUND A POST ON YOUR SITE SO FAR....
OR YOU MIGHT CONSIDER MAKING A POST DEBUNKING THIS BEFORE THE ENTIRE NETWORK GETS TO POSTING THESE MESSAGES AROUND...
Hi Paul,
It is a hoax and has been around for years and pops up every once in a while. It is listed in the following thread along with several others that have been around for a while:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595462
The only thing you can do is tell those who send it to you is that it is a hoax. If it sounds too good to be true....
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 15 2015, 12:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

lot of gullible people around...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 15 2015, 04:32 AM

WORRIED:

ok i love the up-dates always do but the 2 new train cars are a bit low but if you want them get them thats what i say. what worries me is if we keep adding train cars to the train they wont fit. I have 2 full trains at the moment going to be more when the others come in and they already take up nearily a full 40X40 farm if we get any more it means i have to leave cars off the trains and thats like wasting 35 FC for each one i leave off.

PS: please note i cant just put them on other trains as alot of cars i have 10 of , so as you can see i am a bit worried about more cars being added to trains.

i started my farm on the 10th of September , 2009.

As of 3/01/2017: i have 31 Farms and happy with the game and build up fast
Old Nov 15 2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Cuttriss View Post
Only 46 Salmon ??? they go nowhere...Raul you are having a laugh at our expense!!!
The idea is to save space on the farms by buying the boxcar instead of an additional lake with boat. He did not mean it as a joke, but it may appear to be one to those of us with the green freehand tool!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Nov 15 2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
WORRIED:

ok i love the up-dates always do but the 2 new train cars are a bit low but if you want them get them thats what i say. what worries me is if we keep adding train cars to the train they wont fit. I have 2 full trains at the moment going to be more when the others come in and they already take up nearily a full 40X40 farm if we get any more it means i have to leave cars off the trains and thats like wasting 35 FC for each one i leave off.

PS: please note i cant just put them on other trains as alot of cars i have 10 of , so as you can see i am a bit worried about more cars being added to trains.
You can buy 2 of each engine (locomotive) type as of a previous update, so you will be able to place different cars behind each and profit from it. I am still working on train number 3 but have 2 trains with 10 and 11 boxcars each attached on my 7th and 14th farms. And I see no trouble at all with having room for more boxcars on a 3rd one that only has 7 attached to it so far! I also have a few smaller trains on farms 1, 8, 12, and 15 with as few as only 2 boxcars attached for petrochemicals and textiles... Plenty of room to grow left!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Nov 15 2015, 08:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Water, Rake, Pull Weeds request blocks Hire Notice when working Facilities ....These pop up when I try to work facilities. They block the Textbox asking me to work facilities and I have to go back start over, reclicking on the post to work facilities and reload the farm. Sometimes on the second attempt, it still not bring up the Facility Work Textbox and I either have to try to find an old post for that person that still works, or just skip them.
I am at level 675. I do not need the xp nor coins for Water/Rake/Pull Weeds, but I don't mind doing that when I am visiting farms. If it cannot be fixed to not activate when going to a farm to work facilities ... please give us an option to opt out of this feature.
I remember that this was a good way to get coins/xp when there was only one farm, 30 levels, and no facilities but when it blocks working facilities it is a big annoyance. I have waited a long time to ask about this, but when I thought it was fixed I was so thrilled then disappointed to see the same problem reemerge. Thanks for considering this. I posted here because this was listed as a bug/fix at the end of this news release.

Last edited by Texas Star; Nov 15 2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old Nov 15 2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
You can buy 2 of each engine (locomotive) type as of a previous update, so you will be able to place different cars behind each and profit from it. I am still working on train number 3 but have 2 trains with 10 and 11 boxcars each attached on my 7th and 14th farms. And I see no trouble at all with having room for more boxcars on a 3rd one that only has 7 attached to it so far! I also have a few smaller trains on farms 1, 8, 12, and 15 with as few as only 2 boxcars attached for petrochemicals and textiles... Plenty of room to grow left!
The problem comes when your trains have 19 cars on, where does the 20th car go. its easy to say put it on another train but when they are full (which mine are getting) it means a train cant have all the cars . i already have 10 of some of the cars (thats one for each of the ten trains) So do i stop buying cars so i have room ???? if so that means trains cant have everything (that *WILL*) put me off the game alot. so as you can see i am getting worried about this

Old Nov 15 2015, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
The problem comes when your trains have 19 cars on, where does the 20th car go. its easy to say put it on another train but when they are full (which mine are getting) it means a train cant have all the cars . i already have 10 of some of the cars (thats one for each of the ten trains) So do i stop buying cars so i have room ???? if so that means trains cant have everything (that *WILL*) put me off the game alot. so as you can see i am getting worried about this
Hi Mantis,
You only buy the cars you think you will need. Nothing says you have to buy every car put out by the developers. There are cars I haven't bought because I don't need additional of what they carry.
On the other side of this you can wrap the trains around a corner if you feel you need to buy them all.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 15 2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Mantis,
You only buy the cars you think you will need. Nothing says you have to buy every car put out by the developers. There are cars I haven't bought because I don't need additional of what they carry.
On the other side of this you can wrap the trains around a corner if you feel you need to buy them all.
oooooh they can go around corners ????? in that case bring more out ....

thanks for putting my mind at ease

PS: i want them all

Closed Thread