Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jun 29 2015, 03:46 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Since coming back after a longish layoff I'm trying to get used to the new features (most of which are brilliant!) but there's something I don't understand about the upgraded hiring feature. In the explanation of hiring in the forum, it says that you always use your own fuel when you're hired to work for someone else, but I noticed that when I'm hired it often tells me the person hiring me will let me use their fuel and tools.

I've been able to use their tools, no problem, but I always seem to be using my fuel regardless of whether the person hiring me has said I can use theirs or not. So is this just a feature for people being hired who don't have fuel of their own, or am I missing something?
Hi,

The game will always use your fuel first. When you run out it will then use the hiring farmers fuel so that you don't need to go refuel or use the single tools.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 29 2015, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having a bit of trouble posting links on my wall. I know this is a FB thing, not a Farm Town thing, but I was wondering if there's a remedy.

I have my friends sorted into groups for the different games I play, so that when I post a link I'm only posting to people who are interested in that link and not all the people who play other games or don't play any. Trouble is, I can't get the Farm Town group to display. The two options showing are the groups for two other games, and even when I expand out the list of groups it doesn't show them all, and Farm Town is one of the groups that doesn't show.

So I can't post for help with facilities or to share bonuses or whatever without posting to all my friends, which I'm not about to do.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fully expand this group dropdown menu? Because I sure can't find one.
When you open that place your pointer in the area where you have your group lists and then rotate your mouse wheel to scroll down to the ones not showing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 30 2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old Jun 29 2015, 08:37 PM

Thanks - that's pretty much what I thought was happening when I saw my fuel disappearing!
Old Jun 29 2015, 08:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Need to know more about the use of coin tools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi, just a note to say that nobody has to work with single tools anymore, all coin tools can be used, and even the employers tools, so at minimum, they can use a 3x3
How do they use my coin tools? Do they or I have to be at a certain level? Not sure how it works, but I've had some lately start w/single tools. I told one that he could use my x4 harvester, and he said "okey for you" and left. Another told me he was hoping for bigger tools & left. For this reason, I now look for ppl who have all tools ~ they rarely complain. I don't know if both employer & employee have to have the same tools? It doesn't seem so, because when I work for ppl, it does let me use their huge h/p tool, turbo fisher, et al; so, I don't know why it wouldn't let these single-tool workers use my x4 harvester and x9 plow, unless a certain level is required to do so. I have the box checked that says the worker can use my tools. I find the market horribly frustrating because so many seem to have elaborate rules of work, etiquette, and expectations. Some workers take one look at my farms and leave (too small? not enough tools? Trees not lined up square?) Some employers play mean tricks & I wonder what I've done to offend them... Often I just work my own farm so I don't have to deal w/the marketplace stress.
Old Jun 29 2015, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
How do they use my coin tools? Do they or I have to be at a certain level? Not sure how it works, but I've had some lately start w/single tools. I told one that he could use my x4 harvester, and he said "okey for you" and left. Another told me he was hoping for bigger tools & left. For this reason, I now look for ppl who have all tools ~ they rarely complain. I don't know if both employer & employee have to have the same tools? It doesn't seem so, because when I work for ppl, it does let me use their huge h/p tool, turbo fisher, et al; so, I don't know why it wouldn't let these single-tool workers use my x4 harvester and x9 plow, unless a certain level is required to do so. I have the box checked that says the worker can use my tools. I find the market horribly frustrating because so many seem to have elaborate rules of work, etiquette, and expectations. Some workers take one look at my farms and leave (too small? not enough tools? Trees not lined up square?) Some employers play mean tricks & I wonder what I've done to offend them... Often I just work my own farm so I don't have to deal w/the marketplace stress.
Hi Mountaineer,
Currently they can't use your coin tools.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 29 2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Cowan View Post
okay lets repeat this I know what Super Neighbor is but we have people running around grabbing crops but not doing trees, flowers or water because none of those are attractive enough... Is this going to be addressed?? Its also a big problem if you hire they do only crops and take off because trees, flowers and water are not attracted... you only get money no XPs
One thing you could do is to hire people separately for harvest/plow and for the other stuff. Then the people hired to do the trees and flowers can't go off and just plow every farm because they weren't hired to do it.
Old Jun 30 2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
When you open theat place your pointer in the area where you have your group lists and then rotate your mouse wheel to scroll down to the ones not showing.
That doesn't work, it just moves the farm up and down, it doesn't do anything inside the Facebook notification box.
Old Jun 30 2015, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That doesn't work, it just moves the farm up and down, it doesn't do anything inside the Facebook notification box.
hi tmbskts,
After you have opened the pop up to post, click the symbol in the lower left corner. Then click "See All Lists. then use your mouse or mouse wheel to scroll down the list. Select the one you want.
You can also set the list to use in your Facebook settings for Apps.
Old Jun 30 2015, 04:18 AM

OK, I think I've sorted the problem. Apparently it was a smart list - goodness knows why because it isn't automatically updated or anything - and I'd archived it when I took a break from the game. I've restored it and I think it's showing now. I seriously hate smart lists. Sigh...

Last edited by tnbskts; Jun 30 2015 at 04:37 AM.
Old Jul 02 2015, 11:05 PM

Default Layers

A fix for those with layers would be good, considering the amount of time i farm or fish on other peoples farms who have layers
Its simply not good enough to advise people against working on farms with layers. If the farm town interface cannot cope with layers without the screen giving a black box message or an error message ESPECIALLY when I fish in the amount of 25 million, it isn't fair to simply be fobbed off with well don't work layered farms then. If the game can't cope with layered farms then a way should be found to stop anyone having layered farms.
Or is that something else that ft falls short on.
That's in excess of around 140 million I have lost in the last 8 months.
Most annoyed but hey ho tough hmm.