Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 03 2014, 06:58 AM
Account Not Linked

When I close the quest box, it is not closing. Now it is just a "blank" quest box and I have to refresh every time to get it closed. This used to happen once in a while but now it is every time. It's not a big problem, just irritating.
Old Aug 03 2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
I have gotten the x025 error in my quest box. Did everything that was suggested to do. Restarted the entire computer and yet it is still there. I haven't gotten any other problems, Adobe is up to date (except I CANNOT work the massive farms, screws me up every time). Please advise as to what is the Next step. I am unable to work my quest, of course and will miss my farm cash because of this.
Hi!

If you are getting the X025 error for the quest manager, the only thing you can do is to wait a couple hours and try again, it usually will clear up itself after a few hours.
Old Aug 03 2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSugar View Post
When I close the quest box, it is not closing. Now it is just a "blank" quest box and I have to refresh every time to get it closed. This used to happen once in a while but now it is every time. It's not a big problem, just irritating.
Hi!

You can try the memcache link in my signature where it says AQUI to clear your game memory. You'll see a list of unsettings, close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen. Hope this could help you.
Old Aug 06 2014, 02:03 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That is why it is a good idea to write down when you collect as your next available collection will be exactly 7 days later. We also suggest you not complete the last step of any quest you are going to hold over until the next day to give yourself a buffer.
Taz, if you don't finish all the quests and they run into the next week before finishing, will they count in the new week's tally? I tried this and I thought they would and was satisfied that at the end of that week, I got to 8 quests.. but when it came to cashing them in, it only recognised 7 instead of 8! Not amused was I lol. I think its a big task to finish them, especially when the last one on the last day consists of producing oil, then off to the oil refinery to produce a petrochemical barrel.. then off to the petrochemical plant to get either plastics or nylon reel when all those things take 15 hours.. geeze I need sleep sometime! We get 1 FC for 3 quests then have to do 5 for an extra 1 FC.. I would've thought 7 was more appropriate and have at least a better chance of completing it. Im at the point I cant be bothered doing so much work and end up with 1FC. Not much of an incentive to be honest. I guess that's why Im playing less and less these days.
Old Aug 06 2014, 04:21 AM

I just have to say something else, this 2FC for 8 quests is the biggest cheat ever. Last week I claimed only 1FC because 3 quests weren't completed - these were completed the next day. That should be day 1, 3 completed quests showing for Wednesday. OK so yesterday I had 8 quests completed on day 7, but no, it kept telling me that 7 days hadn't elapsed - which they most certainly had. OK, fair enough, it could be a time zone thing so today I log in because I should still have 8 quests and it's Wednesday - Tuesday the previous week had showed as nil so that should be OK. But NO, I log in and find that I have 7 completed quests. OK so I completed another by 2 hours later and lo and behold I only have SIX completed quests????? What's up with that????? If the devs don't want to give 2FC legitimately them please don't offer it, you're looking like cheapskates! I spend enough real cash in this game to expect a little better......
Old Aug 06 2014, 04:24 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Taz, if you don't finish all the quests and they run into the next week before finishing, will they count in the new week's tally? I tried this and I thought they would and was satisfied that at the end of that week, I got to 8 quests.. but when it came to cashing them in, it only recognised 7 instead of 8! Not amused was I lol. I think its a big task to finish them, especially when the last one on the last day consists of producing oil, then off to the oil refinery to produce a petrochemical barrel.. then off to the petrochemical plant to get either plastics or nylon reel when all those things take 15 hours.. geeze I need sleep sometime! We get 1 FC for 3 quests then have to do 5 for an extra 1 FC.. I would've thought 7 was more appropriate and have at least a better chance of completing it. Im at the point I cant be bothered doing so much work and end up with 1FC. Not much of an incentive to be honest. I guess that's why Im playing less and less these days.
The quests are timed to precision. A Quest will "drop off" at the exact time that it was completed the previous week. So, if you collected your farm cash at 10am, last Sunday and then completed a Quest at 10.15 am, then the quest would "drop off" at 10.15 am , the following Sunday. This would mean that if you were a little late, claiming your farm cash, then you would've lost that quest. With regards to the time taken on your final quest, then you could always use a lifeline to speed that quest along. With the employee or gift lifeline, you could complete the majority of steps, in a very short time.
Old Aug 06 2014, 04:30 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie48uk View Post
I just have to say something else, this 2FC for 8 quests is the biggest cheat ever. Last week I claimed only 1FC because 3 quests weren't completed - these were completed the next day. That should be day 1, 3 completed quests showing for Wednesday. OK so yesterday I had 8 quests completed on day 7, but no, it kept telling me that 7 days hadn't elapsed - which they most certainly had. OK, fair enough, it could be a time zone thing so today I log in because I should still have 8 quests and it's Wednesday - Tuesday the previous week had showed as nil so that should be OK. But NO, I log in and find that I have 7 completed quests. OK so I completed another by 2 hours later and lo and behold I only have SIX completed quests????? What's up with that????? If the devs don't want to give 2FC legitimately them please don't offer it, you're looking like cheapskates! I spend enough real cash in this game to expect a little better......
The quests are timed to precision. A Quest will "drop off" at the exact time that it was completed the previous week. So, if you collected your farm cash at 10am, last Sunday and then completed a Quest at 10.15 am, then the quest would "drop off" at 10.15 am , the following Sunday. Waiting the 2 hours that you did, in order to complete another quest, probably took you past the precise 7 days for the other quests that you completed a week ago, and they then also dropped off. Avoid completing any quests on day one, and this will give you "breathing space" the following week and would avoid losing any quests, when it comes to claiming your farm cash.
Old Aug 06 2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphina Warrior View Post
The quests are timed to precision. A Quest will "drop off" at the exact time that it was completed the previous week. So, if you collected your farm cash at 10am, last Sunday and then completed a Quest at 10.15 am, then the quest would "drop off" at 10.15 am , the following Sunday. Waiting the 2 hours that you did, in order to complete another quest, probably took you past the precise 7 days for the other quests that you completed a week ago, and they then also dropped off. Avoid completing any quests on day one, and this will give you "breathing space" the following week and would avoid losing any quests, when it comes to claiming your farm cash.
Well maybe they are Seraphina, but even so I had 8 yesterday and 3 of those were left from the previous week - it's an unfair practice and if we aren't allowed to carry them over within a day's timeframe then it's nonsense. Good grief, if we were offered 5FC for completing 8 I could understand it but 2????
Old Aug 06 2014, 08:47 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphina Warrior View Post
The quests are timed to precision. A Quest will "drop off" at the exact time that it was completed the previous week. So, if you collected your farm cash at 10am, last Sunday and then completed a Quest at 10.15 am, then the quest would "drop off" at 10.15 am , the following Sunday. This would mean that if you were a little late, claiming your farm cash, then you would've lost that quest. With regards to the time taken on your final quest, then you could always use a lifeline to speed that quest along. With the employee or gift lifeline, you could complete the majority of steps, in a very short time.
Im not sure you understood what my thread was about.. I do realise there are life lines but no amount of lifelines are going to get my oil and petrochemical barrels and nylon or plastics done in under 15 hours
Old Aug 06 2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Im not sure you understood what my thread was about.. I do realise there are life lines but no amount of lifelines are going to get my oil and petrochemical barrels and nylon or plastics done in under 15 hours
The life lines would not help with getting the crude oil but would have helped with the rest of those. 2 out of 3 lifelines could have helped with those.
The point you have to remember on these quests is quests only stay on the chart for 7 days exactly to the second after the last step has been completed. So if you have one that you can't complete before collecting your FC then wait at least a day after collecting to start the last step. That will give you a buffer in case you are going to be late collecting your FC the next time.
When you click the button to collect your FC the program looks back exactly 7 days to get your total quests. Any quests older than that even if they are on the same day are not counted.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.