Go Back   Farm Town > Languages > Other Languages > Archives Other Languages

Old Feb 23 2010, 04:51 PM

Cool One language to another, and back again . . .

I have neighbors here on FT that range around the world, Holland, France, South Africa, Phillipines, Nepal . . . . Is there a way I can communicate with them if I don't know their language?
By this I mean, I write in American, and it shows up on their chat in their own language, and vice versa?
This would be so KEWEL! It woud be awesome!
Old Feb 23 2010, 06:31 PM
Account Not Linked

That would be so uncool, there does not exist an electronic translator that can pick up on the nuances of any language. Try to use all these contacts to learn something about other languages. In many ways language defines a person.
Old Feb 24 2010, 01:15 PM

Magier,my friend. . . . the comment/request I have made is to allow us to communicate with another person here on FT. I am NOT suggesting that the prog be a tutorial for learning another language, although it would and could give one the basics, but rather a means of hiring and chat between people.
Already I have used a prog which I type in what I want to say, translate it, then copy/paste to the chat box window and the other responds in kind. It works for the developing of good relations between us.
For what you are talking about there are classes, tutors, etc to accomplish this.
The basics are what is needed for the successful playing of these games.
Thank you for your input which I see as being more advanced than what I percieved as needed at this time.
Old Feb 24 2010, 03:11 PM

In South Africa we say "dankie" when we arrive at your farm to harvest - we will repeat ourselves when we leave - we may even add to this by saying "Baie dankie" if we had a good time at your place
Old Feb 24 2010, 06:21 PM

Professor, I have a neighbor who lives in Weavind Park, South Africa, and in our conversations she told me that the language there is a mix of German, Dutch, and English! LOL
Got to be a interesting place to live! LOL
Old Feb 28 2010, 07:42 AM

Weavind Park is in Pretoria - not far from where I live in Johannesburg - yes we live in interesting times here - never a dull moment
Old Mar 13 2010, 01:53 PM
maximmax
Account Not Linked

Default One language to another and back again

please give us the option of the language
french translation is just...****.... and even if it was good, id rather play in english, all the chats being usually with englih speaking farmers.
give us the choice
Old Mar 13 2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximmax View Post
please give us the option of the language
french translation is just...****.... and even if it was good, id rather play in english, all the chats being usually with englih speaking farmers.
give us the choice
Please see and post in Français Forum
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Old Apr 11 2010, 06:52 AM

just use english, since its an international language.. just like me.. im Filipino.. but sometimes.. I converse them in their own language since I know some.. just mixed them in english. ^^ si ellos ya man habla na espanol, yo hay habla na espanol na criollo ^^ hehehe.. maar als ze nderlands sprekn, ik zal sprekke het nederlands, sinds ik veet van het en beetje. ^^

Just speak English your local tongue if you're a native English speaker ^^
Old Apr 30 2010, 11:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Default One language to another and back again

Greatfull if you could put an option to change back to english, french version is to bad, i know big efforts were made by creators but you should let someone do this who knows the language by hart
i prefered the english version and would like to change
many thanks
claudine