Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2016, 06:37 AM

I have a different query although I can see problems with the neighbours port list generated for us. With each port it nominates a certain number of goods from the neighbour sending on the ship. Does this mean that if I only load 1 container I will get that number of goods for that container but if I load 10 contrainers I will get that number of goods in total for all 10 containers.

Lara's Farm
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:51 AM

Having ship problem. It's hung up now for 11 hrs at port 2 (JennyEDITED by LazyMare to remove real name) who isn't in on my list of neighbors. She's often in my NC but is usually toward the bottom in terms of contribution. This week she has the 4 facilities but no points by one and less than 1,800 pts total---that's not an active player....In fact, I'll probably be deleting her after this because she also has no Farmtown posts on her facebk page. But how did she wind up being my #2 port? It's pretty discouraging when it takes so much time to load each of those 10 containers. ;(

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 24 2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: to remove neighbours real name and unnecessary quote
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I have a different query although I can see problems with the neighbours port list generated for us. With each port it nominates a certain number of goods from the neighbour sending on the ship. Does this mean that if I only load 1 container I will get that number of goods for that container but if I load 10 contrainers I will get that number of goods in total for all 10 containers.
Each container carries a different amount of goods which increases with every port - the Ship's Containers tab tells you how many goods each container is currently carrying and how many are expected from the port your ship is currently at. The Ship's Logbook tab tells you the total amount of goods for all loaded containers
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:59 AM

Well I have another query. I just dispatched my second ship. It was a big shock when I looked at the ship's log and discovered if I managed to get to port #30 they were only going to load 5147 products. Port one is only 180 products and there is not much in between. Does this mean if I spend hours loading a 3rd ship in 24 hours time it will be even less than this. I hate to think what you would get from the 7th ship if this is a progressive decrease in the products loaded with each ship we send. I have loaded 7 containers and it certainly isn't worth the effort at this rate.

Lara's Farm

Last edited by Lara; Dec 24 2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:04 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Clover View Post
Having ship problem. It's hung up now for 11 hrs at port 2 (Jenny EDITED TO REMOVE REAL NAME) who isn't in on my list of neighbors. She's often in my NC but is usually toward the bottom in terms of contribution. This week she has the 4 facilities but no points by one and less than 1,800 pts total---that's not an active player....In fact, I'll probably be deleting her after this because she also has no Farmtown posts on her facebk page. But how did she wind up being my #2 port? It's pretty discouraging when it takes so much time to load each of those 10 containers. ;(
The Devs are looking into how to improve the selection of neighbours for our ships itineraries - people aren't necessrily plying as often as they usually do at the moment so it maybe too early to think about removing neighbours
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:12 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Well I have another query. I just dispatched my second ship. It was a big shock when I looked at the ship's log and discovered if I managed to get to port #30 they were only going to load 5147 products. Port one is only 180 products and there is not much in between. Does this mean if I spend hours loading a 3rd ship in 24 hours time it will be even less than this. I hate to think what you would get from the 7th ship if this is a progressive decrease in the products loaded with each ship we send. I have loaded 7 containers and it certainly isn't worth the effort at this rate.
The amount of products you will receive increases with every port visited.
I see no mention in the release of later ships carrying less than earlier ones
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:25 AM

For the ships....I think it would be good to have a time limit then it moves on to the next neighbor. That way it doesnt just sit at a port for 7 days then returns home empty.
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:56 AM
Account Not Linked

I agree with many here. My ship is stuck at port 2, a neighbor who isn't going to do the ships. This is happening to many people. I've seen people in groups posting that they have no intention of doing anything with ships, even saying they don't intend to help by doing the ports at all. This ship thing will be a total flop, there's no point in putting the extra time in. The devs must not have considered that so many people wouldn't participate. The worse thing I see is people msging others rudely and threatening to delete neighbors. I like the ships and anything I get is more than what I had. But for this to work, it needs re figured. Maybe it could be handled like train boosts, we choose who our ships go to or as someone here said, maybe only go to those who have ships. Or a time limit as was also suggested, although that will not get us a maximum of products if too many ports are skipped.Most recent active players doesn't mean they will participate.
Old Dec 24 2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
OK I sent off a ship,and it is stuck. I even messaged the neighbor it was sent to. She didn't even know what I was talking about. I didn't even bother to explain. I don't want to be in a position of bothering neighbors.It seems some or one isn't even doing the ships
Oooooh . . . I wish it had come to me, Petuniaflower! I've been dying to have neighbor ships in my port and haven't had any yet! So sorry to hear yours is stuck.

I'm filling up a new one today. Hopefully it will have better luck than the first one. Although my first one is now in Port #3 so that's progress! LOL

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
Ship is still stuck at first port 18 hours later. Have about 10 minutes before I can start preparing the 2nd ship. Going to try it just to see if it goes to the same port first. Wondering if it's worth it at this point.
I'm loading my second one, too - and, like you, really hoping the list of neighbors will be different this time. I'm guessing it will.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread