Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall-p View Post
Hog the work?? Do you mean "Now everyone is slow like me?"
that isn't nice
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Could it be.....

Could there being 70% less problems be because there is now 90% less hiring going on? The problem wasn't the speed of the game. It was the selfish and crazy mass hiring to do a one or two person job. The speed of the game as it was had me tearing through the levels as it was fast and enjoyable to spend hours on end planting and harvesting for myself on my multiple accounts. Now, I feel that I may be going into far earlier retirement than I otherwise would have. Basically you have slowed down every player to the speed of the slowest player...... The reason why people like myself clicked all over the place was because I HATE mass hiring. It is no fun to see a plantation full of pineapple going to 5 or 6 people. Return it to the way it was before and instead limit the amount of people that can be hired to 5 or less.... The ideal number would be 2.... One to harvest and one to plow. Once upon a time it was enjoyable and reasonable to plant wall to wall trees..... Now that we have been turned back to the stone age it isn't nearly as enticing. You have a harvester for crops would it be possible to enable it to harvest 4 trees at a time? Would it also be possible to allow us to plant trees just like we do flowers? Flowers like dirt paths and stones allow us to or at least allowed us to plant one right after the other without clicking on market each and every purchase. Was there a problem with that before? Or is it worth giving it a shot? I am also very pleased that the game doesn't simply die at level 34..... That was a crazy number.... There have been a lot of great improvements to the game and to an extent as the slowed down version of the game is now does has it's benefit.... We just have to have the time to go as slow as we now have to go or to sit and wait while others do our dirty work for us. Are any of the ideas floating around slashkey being presented to your constituency or simply forced out there for a shot? Also, when it comes to hiring you have made it more desirable to hire friends that are our neighbors instead of going to the beggars market as it is cheaper to plow. We often hire only one person to take care of our harvesting and then plowing. Was that taken into consideration when making this new release? I do very much like the larger cursors as now you can see the bull dozer when going through to delete things. Before this latest release if you double hired a person to plow or harvest for you the plow shear or reaper disappeared making it faster/easier to get the work done. When you are on your own farm you don't have such an option. Is that something that could be addressed also? Would it be possible to add a hide cursor option whether hired by someone else or doing work for yourself? In closing will you please enable palm trees to be purchased for coins. That is all thank you for your time.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
hi there,

first, the bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of farmtown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost xp/coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost xp/coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more xp and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost xp/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--raul
ok every what was done to farm town needs to be undone. I do not have time to sit around and wait on my avatar to get to each spot before i move on. I talked to tons of people in the market thats like me if it stays this we are deleting it and will play something else. Fix it back the way it was. Cant you get up to date with out messing the whole dang game up all together. Come on already just put it back the way it was.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:43 PM

Ok what is the big deal here i hate the new harvesting and plowing you have done put it back please i don't like having to follow my avator through all of the harvesting and plowing that was a real stupid idea and i have had alot of people tell me they don't like it at all if it is not changed back i will get alot of my friends to leave farmtown and i can do it too trust me
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANESSA HUTCHING View Post
ok every what was done to farm town needs to be undone. I do not have time to sit around and wait on my avatar to get to each spot before i move on. I talked to tons of people in the market thats like me if it stays this we are deleting it and will play something else. Fix it back the way it was. Cant you get up to date with out messing the whole dang game up all together. Come on already just put it back the way it was.
Thats what everyone said when the devs updated the harvesting and plowing last time.
Account Not Linked

This may sound selfish, but half the fun for me is chatting. I could zoom ahead and let my avatar catch up and chat. If I just want to harvest and play by myself I play Farmville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina719 View Post

Simple, happened on my farm too. a full 16 X 16 plowed in 15 seconds...

Fast finger and mouse? I doubt that
As long as I've been playing this game that has NEVER happened with anyone I've hired. If there are people who use cheat programs it's probably just a handful if any at all. And what's the big deal if somebody uses a cheat? It's not hurting anyone. As many players as there are I think the odds of running into someone using a cheat is very slim.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Hog the Work??

I PAY for this machine and It's fiber optic line... if others can't keep up, then give them a 56K modem server, and put them on it!!!

Default This SUCKS

This new change is pathetic. It is the ABSOLUTE WORST change they could have made. The intentions were excellent but the corrections are horrible. This sounds more like the stupid health care bill than anything. They said they fixed 70% of the XP lost problems...if they are going to do something this bad they should have fixed all of them.

Bottom line...SlashKey got it wrong. Terribly wrong.
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambitt View Post
Hog the Work??

I PAY for this machine and It's fiber optic line... if others can't keep up, then give them a 56K modem server, and put them on it!!!
you don't pay for the game though
Closed Thread