Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Axe the new release

The harvesting is ok but when you click and miss you have to wait for the avetar to catch up to click again. The plowing is horrible - why did you have to change that??!!! There's no way I can play this game now, it takes too much time, and I work for a living. I've told everyone how much this game is better than any other, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe if you change the plowing back to the way it was. I won't be going to get jobs in the Market Place this way - it's too frustrating!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicalita View Post
Maybe you complainers should give it a bit of time ? Compared to when the changeover first took place I can say that I am now faster than before. With my computer, I have never been able to save my gave very quickly but now it is much better. Are the complainers the ones that elbowed everyone else out of the way in their greedy manner but now are not able to do that? If so, the game would be much better without you. Give it a chance why not!!??
so why call all complainers Hoggers?
I always keep to one side of a field and Never hogged a field or got into someones way,it annoyed me when others did it,but its a GAME!
now its taking very much time away from us which we could spend improving our Farms etc.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:26 PM

I don't have a problem with the new harvesting/plowing.

I think it will be good for the game as it will stop the spastic harvesting/plowing. It will also make harvesting/plowing more fair to those who like to hire more then one.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.
AHA!!! I suspected as much!

Quote:
Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.
I hope that at some point you can return to the queued harvesting/plowing.
The mansion is STILL available at 150,000 points and 1 million coins, just like it always was. Only the level number has changed. Don't look at the level number; look only at the XP and coins, which HAVE NOT CHANGED.

There is a known issue with levels for those with 1 million XP or more, and the devs are working on it. Please read the first post in the following thread and follow the instructions:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264634
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:28 PM

Default New Changes on FarmTown

They suck. I loved this game and enjoyed meeting people and visiting as we hired to one another. Now it takes so much concentration to harvest and more so to plow that all the enjoyment is gone. All it does is cause frustration rather than relaxation. It becomes so irritating that if someone did try to start a conversation, you would probably bite their head off. I Was so looking forward to advancing and getting my second farm now I don't know if I even want the first one. At least on FarmVille, they did not offer something better and then take it away. PUT IT BACK LIKE IT WAS _ I RATHER LOOSE SOME CREDITS THAN TOLERATE THIS INSANITY - I AM 62, RETIRED AND YOU HAVE JUST RUINED ONE OF THE FEW ENJOYMENTS I HAD LEFT.

Last edited by emonday712; Dec 22 2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Additional Comment
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:28 PM

It may have been broke before but it sure is worse now! I understand it being slower to get your avatar to a part of the field but it is still way to slow once you get there, you have to wait for each square to finish before you can go on to the next one. You are going to end up with a lot of people leaving jobs before they are finished.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:29 PM
Account Not Linked

This is a ridiculous patch. Not every hires more people than they need and this makes it impossibly slow for single hires. Might as well, not bother hiring or as most are stating....Say goodbye to Farmtown.

Too bad. Was a nice break while it lasted.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:30 PM

Ohhhhh this is just plain horrible. The game is so slow now it is boring. It's like you can't turn off the "wait after each plow/plant" button. This "upgrade" will likely kill farmtown.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:31 PM
Account Not Linked

This update is bad i gave up farmville cos it took to long now it look like il have to give up farm town, it didnt bother me losing coins or xp depends on how long you waited for them to be added, anyway someone somewhere would have earnt the coins or xp ,please return it to how it was.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaAbigail View Post
so why call all complainers Hoggers?
I always keep to one side of a field and Never hogged a field or got into someones way,it annoyed me when others did it,but its a GAME!
now its taking very much time away from us which we could spend improving our Farms etc.
I didn't call complainers Hoggers. It was a question, not a statement, that maybe the complainers are the ones that elbowed people out of the way. I, too, initially complained but that must have been when the changes were first taking effect......it was awful, but now it is better than previously for me. My thoughts were that maybe your problem is that it hasn't settled down yet and will improve shortly like it has for me. I meant no offence to anyone...was just a question.