Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 16 2015, 06:00 AM

Since the update, I cannot post my facilities or referrals. My gifts to receive always shows up as a total of 50 and even though I click accept all .... it doesn't accept them and any train requests are ones to which I have already responded to and so they show up as expired. My mem cache is cleared. Because I am married to retired software engineer, I can assure you that I have the latest and greatest in computer technology including high performance video cards and more memory than you can shake a stick at. I checked my facebook settings, they appear to be all just fine. I can see and work other peoples facilities. I can send gifts, at least I hope my neighbors are getting the gifts, unless I ask each one individually, I really have no way of knowing. Your response highly appreciated Have a wonderful week.
Old Mar 16 2015, 06:02 AM

Default It's a miracle!

For whatever reason ... all my little issues seem to have resolved themselves. I can now receive my gifts and post my facilities and referrals. If this was because of someone being exceptionally handy at the time of my original post and being able to correct the problem that quickly, then good on them! KUDOS for an excellent job well done in a most timely manner. Have an excellent week.
Old Mar 16 2015, 06:43 AM

As always, I'm delighted to see a new release and love this game. Since some of this release pertains to hiring issues, I want to throw in my 2 cents for some possible fixes and/or other improvements:
  1. There seems to be a "ghost" issue now. The other day I went to the Market to hire and ended up with 6 ghosts on my farm. None of them were the person I hired.
  2. One of my issues with hiring is that I prefer to hire solo. If I send a hire and the person doesn't respond, after awhile, I assume they're not going to so I hire someone else. Sometimes both will end up on my farm. I had hoped the fixes in this release would help that but it hasn't seemed to. I don't have a solution in mind for this one but it's an issue.
  3. Another thing I would LOVE is to be able to know if a worker is still on my farm, and if so, which one. The new info text things tell us that so and so arrive on our farm (which one? I often hire for 20 farms at a time and people sometimes skip around when they work so the current messages don't give me a lot of info). Also, if I stepped out of the room for a minute and missed the scrolling text, it's gone - the message has disappeared. I think it would help to have some kind of permanent indicator of where a worker is - maybe a little dot on the farm triangle thing (or maybe change the block color of any farm that has a worker on it). That way, if I need to find my worker to hire them for another farm, see if they're still planning to continue (maybe they're taking a break and I can message them - or maybe they got booted off), I can get a quick visual of where they are or if they've gone.
  4. There was one more issue but it could have been user-related. I hired someone to do all my farms and they did everything EXCEPT chop. That seemed odd to me so at first I thought it might have been a bug, however, I haven't noticed it except that one time so maybe I forgot to tick the "Chop" button when I hired or maybe the person I hired just really, really didn't want to chop.

Hope those ideas are helpful.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Mar 16 2015, 07:23 AM

Thank you for putting the alert up longer so we can click to see what it says! ha ha!
Old Mar 16 2015, 08:13 AM

The improved customer service response is excellent! I wrote because shortly after the February update I had purchased 2 Green Gifting Machines by accident and wrote to get my refund, but the developers missed the fact that in addition to the one in storage I had one on my 12th farm. So I replied when I got a message saying I had 4 machines in storage, but no response ever came. I wrote again on Saturday and the refund arrived before I could even check my email! Kudos for the 10 minute turn around....

I like the new ability to hide the crops too, by the way. Although this morning it was not just FT that was an issue but my router losing data packets and effecting every web page, faster speed is always a plus. Very few of my friends use only single layers anymore so being able to turn off all the fields helps a great deal.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Mar 16 2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old Mar 16 2015, 08:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Original QUEST: Time to produce items in the Semi-Trailer Truck finally showed 30 minutes (I own the Turbo Ordering Station.) when I started the product from the Quest Manager, but when I closed the Quest Manager and reopened it, the time then showed 1 hour. I don't see why it changed.

I always assumed it was looking up the time for the products, but not whether the ordering station was owned, and that was why it has been 1 hour even with the Ordering Station. I thought when it showed 30 minutes initially, that it had been corrected. It does show it "saw" my ordering station initially but I am not sure why it changed.

This is not a huge problem, but thought it might be an easy fix, because the Quest Manager was initially recognizing the Ordering Station.

Last edited by Texas Star; Mar 16 2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old Mar 16 2015, 09:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
Original QUEST: Time to produce items in the Semi-Trailer Truck finally showed 30 minutes (I own the Turbo Ordering Station.) when I started the product from the Quest Manager, but when I closed the Quest Manager and reopened it, the time then showed 1 hour. I don't see why it changed.

I always assumed it was looking up the time for the products, but not whether the ordering station was owned, and that was why it has been 1 hour even with the Ordering Station. I thought when it showed 30 minutes initially, that it had been corrected. It does show it "saw" my ordering station initially but I am not sure why it changed.

This is not a huge problem, but thought it might be an easy fix, because the Quest Manager was initially recognizing the Ordering Station.
Hi Texas Star,
That was only because it initially took the 30 minute time from the semi-truck. This is it appears a bi-product of adding the ability to open a facility from within the quest, but was by no means a fix for that. Since not everybody has the ordering station then the time for those items is still going to be 1 hour.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 16 2015, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
As always, I'm delighted to see a new release and love this game. Since some of this release pertains to hiring issues, I want to throw in my 2 cents for some possible fixes and/or other improvements:
Hope those ideas are helpful.
Hi Susan,
Please add your suggestions in the Suggestion section instead of in the release as that is where the developers will see all the suggestions in one location. There is a thread there about hiring that you can reply to with those. Thanks
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 16 2015, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsickinger View Post
I put all of my oak trees in storage using my tower crane, Then I planted them using the mult planter but I only had the option to plant 16, 64, 144. I didnt see a 256 option at all. And yes I did purchase the new one. what am I doing wrong?
Hi sdsickinger,
I will have to run a test on this today and will get back to you on it. If that is a problem then will will report it to the developers.

Edit: Checked and sent on to developers to fix this. Thanks for letting us know.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 16 2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 16 2015, 09:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Texas Star,
That was only because it initially took the 30 minute time from the semi-truck. This is it appears a bi-product of adding the ability to open a facility from within the quest, but was by no means a fix for that. Since not everybody has the ordering station then the time for those items is still going to be 1 hour.
OK TY!

One more issue.. I and a neighbor have had trouble losing our Seawater bait. Mine went away last night. I had built up over 900k, between my fish farms and gifts. It was zero this morning. No one else has access to my account. Things go along normally then usually shortly after a new release the counter is reset to zero. Once I lost over 1.2 million, and this is the second time I've lost over 900K. It is six months or more since the last time..until today... for me. My neighbor had it last release. I have both been watching my balances before and as we fish so I know I am not just running out. It is always the seawater bait (never the freshwater bait) Any thoughts? TY!
Closed Thread