Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 18 2015, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggeragin View Post
I did not write it down. Saying that, when I plant wheat and then irrigate it, it's usually done the next day at the same time (actually a little earlier). When I saw this crop go from 20 hours to 10 hours after I irrigated it, was last evening about 10:00...(this is oat crops). I am working the trees on that farm right now, and the crops still have 4.2 hours left till harvest time. I did notice it with my wheat that I had planted before, but thought I had miscalculated or something. So I when I irrigated last night, I watched to see when this crop would be ready - how many hours.
Quote:
And I did plant the crops a lot earlier (like the night before) because of planting short crop growth. I believe it was sugar and in 5.5 hours replanted the oats, so couldn't irrigate again until the next evening.
Maybe you are calculating your times wrong then. Wheat is a 2 day (40 hour) crop, so irrigating it would change to 20 hours. The oat is a 3 day (60 hour) crop so it would change to 30 hours though since you were not able to irrigate imediately that would shift the amount of time.
Try writing them down to make sure that you are actually seeing a problem. Then if it still is off after that then we can report it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 18 2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Maybe you are calculating your times wrong then. Wheat is a 2 day (40 hour) crop, so irrigating it would change to 20 hours. The oat is a 3 day (60 hour) crop so it would change to 30 hours though since you were not able to irrigate imediately that would shift the amount of time.
Try writing them down to make sure that you are actually seeing a problem. Then if it still is off after that then we can report it.
I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous answer I have ever heard. I know the amount of time it takes to grow wheat and oats. Just because I didn't write it down, you think there is no problem? I do believe if the crop states it has 20 hours left till harvest and then it's irrigated and then it states it has 10 hours till ready to harvest, and it's been 18 hours since then - there IS a problem. Please report it. I realize you are just a moderator, and can't do anything, but I would appreciate in the future if you would stop trying to act like people don't have a problem because you don't think they do. How ridiculous. I've spent a ton of money on this game and paid for that irrigating sprinkler, it needs to work. And yes, I will send a post to slash-key as well. I appreciate your time, even though it was a waste of mine. Thank you.
Old Feb 18 2015, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous answer I have ever heard. I know the amount of time it takes to grow wheat and oats. Just because I didn't write it down, you think there is no problem? I do believe if the crop states it has 20 hours left till harvest and then it's irrigated and then it states it has 10 hours till ready to harvest, and it's been 18 hours since then - there IS a problem. Please report it. I realize you are just a moderator, and can't do anything, but I would appreciate in the future if you would stop trying to act like people don't have a problem because you don't think they do. How ridiculous. I've spent a ton of money on this game and paid for that irrigating sprinkler, it needs to work. And yes, I will send a post to slash-key as well. I appreciate your time, even though it was a waste of mine. Thank you.
Hi Tiggeragin,
I am sorry you feel it is a waste of your time. It is not that I don't think you have a problem. I am just trying to get all the information together to try and see exactly what the problem is before reporting this to the developers. Since you are the first and only one so far who has reported this then I would like to gather facts before we report it so the developers know exactly what they are looking for.
If it was 20 hours and you saw it change to 10 hours and now 18 hours later it isn't ready then it may be that the change was not saved. This where the problem may be. Did it show the "I" for irrigated when you checked it at 18 hours?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 18 2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Hi Tiggeragin,
I am sorry you feel it is a waste of your time. It is not that I don't think you have a problem. I am just trying to get all the information together to try and see exactly what the problem is before reporting this to the developers. Since you are the first and only one so far who has reported this then I would like to gather facts before we report it so the developers know exactly what they are looking for.
If it was 20 hours and you saw it change to 10 hours and now 18 hours later it isn't ready then it may be that the change was not saved. This where the problem may be. Did it show the "I" for irrigated when you checked it at 18 hours?
Yes, it does show the I. Please come over to see for yourself, if you like. The oats are planted on Farms 9 thru 16.
Old Feb 18 2015, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes, it does show the I. Please come over to see for yourself, if you like. The oats are planted on Farms 9 thru 16.
Yes I see the I and that they all range from 2.4 to 2.7 hours left to go. Several of the mods are trying this to to see what results we get. It may just be this one crop, but I am trying several 3 and 4 day crops to see.
Old Feb 18 2015, 01:20 PM

Okay, thank you. I have written down my times on farm 1 & Farm 3 of Broccoli. Not irrigated 3.1 days at 1:08 pm cst today. After irrigated, it says 1.5 days. So just a guess that that would be approximately 9:08 pm tomorrow night.
Old Feb 18 2015, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Okay, thank you. I have written down my times on farm 1 & Farm 3 of Broccoli. Not irrigated 3.1 days at 1:08 pm cst today. After irrigated, it says 1.5 days. So just a guess that that would be approximately 9:08 pm tomorrow night.
Also note that with only 1 decimal place those times can be off slightly because it is not accurate enough to pin it down to exactly the time. If it was 2 or 3 decimal places it would be closer to the time.
Old Feb 18 2015, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Here is an example of the time difference and it could be hours off:
A 3 day crop is 60 hours, but listed as 2.5 days. When you irrigated that changes to 30 hours, listed as 1.2 days. However if you multiply 1.2 x 24 to get it to hours it comes out as 28.8 hours and not 30.
A 4 day or 5 day crop would be off even more.
I know that is not as much off as you said which is why we are testing this, but it can throw you off.
Old Feb 18 2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Also note that with only 1 decimal place those times can be off slightly because it is not accurate enough to pin it down to exactly the time. If it was 2 or 3 decimal places it would be closer to the time.
Right, I don't believe it's very accurate until we can get it down to the hours. I'm also watching my trees on one of my farms. Would have been a 3 day tree, irrigated, and it seems to be taking those particular trees a long time to ripen. I didn't write it down, so I can't be sure, just thinking. I'll pay closer attention and write down when I harvest them.
Thank you for all your time & troubles trying to figure this out.
Old Feb 18 2015, 02:51 PM

any idea of when on Wednesday the reading accessories factory will be released
Closed Thread