Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Sep 30 2017, 07:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeKeeper View Post
Ok it is just passed midnight there so my post at 1130 should have gone through according to the world clock.

Guess you closed early

Time now is:

Phoenix, AZ
5:09:34 PM
Saturday 30th September 2017

GMT

12:09:34 AM
Sunday 1st October 2017
Hi GeeKeeper,
The contest was closed at 11:59 PM GMT. Did you forget about the Daylight Savings Time for your own time zone? GMT time does not use daylight savings.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:02 PM

neither does AZ we do not use Daylight Savings
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:04 PM

thats why I posted the time stamp
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
thats why I posted the time stamp
Hi Geekeeper,
You can see the timestamp on the last post in the Contest thread which is posted just before the thread is closed. If you have your forum account set to show your time zone then you can see that it was closed at 1 minute before midnight (5:00 PM your time) and not 30 minutes before. Your time zone is 7 hours behind thus the closing time for you is 5:00 PM.
I am sorry you missed the deadline, but we can not make any exceptions. The opening and closing times are always at midnight GMT. I do recommend that you not wait until the last minute to post your entries.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:27 PM

then why was I not able to submit it at 425 my time and it said closed then????
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:31 PM

it was not quite 1130 gmt makes no sense you closed an hour early, my loss though I know but still it was not 5pm my time I still had another half hour
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
then why was I not able to submit it at 425 my time and it said closed then????
Hi GeeKeeper,
What error message did you get when you tried to post? It could be that you timed out for posting in the forum if you took a longer time to post it. You can prevent that from happening if you will check the box to "Remember Me" when you go to log in. That will keep you from getting the error messages when posting. I assure you the thread was not closed until midnight GMT.
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:44 PM

you must have closed at 11 (sigh) I had heard the contest closed early sometimes ... I believe it because I have now experienced it as well as a few friends who were encouraging me to go ahead and post even though I only had a half hour saw what happened
Old Sep 30 2017, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
you must have closed at 11 (sigh) I had heard the contest closed early sometimes ... I believe it because I have now experienced it as well as a few friends who were encouraging me to go ahead and post even though I only had a half hour saw what happened
Hi GeeKeeper,
The contest was closed at the correct time. I am sorry you didn't get to add your entry, but we do not close that contest early.
Old Dec 19 2017, 12:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Kind of a suggestion here. How about putting in a rule about copying someone else's farm and entering it as your own? I'm just curious because with the exception of 1 or 2 things someone has entered a duplicate of a friend of mine's farm that she did last year. The things that are changed are minimal; the balance is exactly the same. Just thinking you might want to add that as a rule in order to "protect" the designer's work.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20