Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31 2009, 03:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Four Aces

Excellent...now we need some kind of reward system for long-time level 34 members who continue to play and rack up EPs.
Old Oct 31 2009, 03:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Default THANK YOU for storage...

I put away my picnic tables in antici... PA-tion of winter stuff... like trees with lights?

*hint**hint**hint**hint*

Last edited by Miss Libby; Oct 31 2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down Oh storage... how I looked forward to thee until now

I'm usually just a lurker on this board... but I feel I have to say something now. I've been waiting and hoping for the day that storage would be available for everyone. Then today when I went to move my pile of unsorted rivers around yet again in an attempt to make them look at least somewhat like I meant to place them that way (as opposed to the truth... that I want to rearrange my farm, don't have a place for them yet, and am forced to resort to moving them from corner to corner because I can't sell them, don't want to delete them, and have no storage).

Lo and behold... when I looked at my options in the process of moving my rivers around, I suddenly noticed that I had STORAGE! I was so excited I literally danced with joy!

...Until I noticed after moving just a few items that I couldn't place any more in there. May I just take a moment to state how emphatically I HATE the emphasis placed on neighbors in this game? It wouldn't be a problem if we could just add our in-game buddies as our neighbors, but I really, really, REALLY do not want to add random friends I have never met to my facebook account.

Facebook is my way of keeping in touch with my real life friends that I would have otherwise lost contact with over the years. I go to my wall to see what my FRIENDS are up to... not what some random stranger is up to that I had to add to my friends list just to play a game.

I have a few friends that also play Farm Town, but not enough to allow me to sell things, or hire people to plow... and now I can't even put all of my rivers and odd junk into STORAGE, something that is usually just a given in a game like this where people have to buy items (especially seasonal things) to rearrange.

I can deal with not being able to sell things... I can deal with having to plow my own fields, but now that my long anticipated storage is finally here, and seeing what is required to actually make use of it... sheesh, what an absolute let down. At least I had something to look forward to before... now I'm wishing I'd never gotten my hopes up.
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I had a felling we where going to get storage and I was right. Thank you for the storage I love it.
I had the same feeling so I came over to the forum to check and voila... the wonderful news that we have storage.
Can't believe that in such a social game as farm town that people are upset that they should have any neighbours. Neighbours are one of the highlights of the game.
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:09 PM

Ohhhhhhhh - I start decorating NOW ! You don't have an illness - you have GOOD SPIRIT !!!!!!

Not in the stars but in ourselves lies our destiny!
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalb2000 View Post
I'm usually just a lurker on this board... but I feel I have to say something now. I've been waiting and hoping for the day that storage would be available for everyone. Then today when I went to move my pile of unsorted rivers around yet again in an attempt to make them look at least somewhat like I meant to place them that way (as opposed to the truth... that I want to rearrange my farm, don't have a place for them yet, and am forced to resort to moving them from corner to corner because I can't sell them, don't want to delete them, and have no storage).

Lo and behold... when I looked at my options in the process of moving my rivers around, I suddenly noticed that I had STORAGE! I was so excited I literally danced with joy!

...Until I noticed after moving just a few items that I couldn't place any more in there. May I just take a moment to state how emphatically I HATE the emphasis placed on neighbors in this game? It wouldn't be a problem if we could just add our in-game buddies as our neighbors, but I really, really, REALLY do not want to add random friends I have never met to my facebook account.

Facebook is my way of keeping in touch with my real life friends that I would have otherwise lost contact with over the years. I go to my wall to see what my FRIENDS are up to... not what some random stranger is up to that I had to add to my friends list just to play a game.

I have a few friends that also play Farm Town, but not enough to allow me to sell things, or hire people to plow... and now I can't even put all of my rivers and odd junk into STORAGE, something that is usually just a given in a game like this where people have to buy items (especially seasonal things) to rearrange.

I can deal with not being able to sell things... I can deal with having to plow my own fields, but now that my long anticipated storage is finally here, and seeing what is required to actually make use of it... sheesh, what an absolute let down. At least I had something to look forward to before... now I'm wishing I'd never gotten my hopes up.

Neighbors are what makes this game FUN !!! Meeting new people, watching them start with nothing and build something - Farm Town is a "canvas" and everyone that plays it is painting their own picture !

Be happy and enjoy - this is not solitaire !

Hugs !

I would be your neighbor and I am a nice person - really I am !

Not in the stars but in ourselves lies our destiny!
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:27 PM

Default Storage

Thank you for listening to the requests for storage! You are wonderful, I love Farm Town! Great Job!
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
Neighbors are what makes this game FUN !!! Meeting new people, watching them start with nothing and build something - Farm Town is a "canvas" and everyone that plays it is painting their own picture !

Be happy and enjoy - this is not solitaire !

Hugs !

I would be your neighbor and I am a nice person - really I am !
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love meeting new people and chatting with them on Farm Town. I love inviting people to my farm to harvest (even though I have to apologize ahead of time that I won't be able to hire them to plow), and I love going to other farms to harvest/plow/just chat and admire what they've accomplished. I even love adding buddies to my buddy list. My only problem with the neighbor system is that in order to have neighbors, I'd have to start adding people that I do not know in real life to my actual facebook friends list, which I use to keep track of friends who in recent, post-college years have scattered throughout the country. If I've known someone online for a very long time, I don't mind having a few people on my friends list that I've never physically met, but I don't want to become one of those friend collectors with 500 people they do not know, all for the sake of a game.

We have a buddy list in the game... I just don't understand why we can't use THAT for neighbor requests? I like going to my wall to see what my friends are up to... I don't want to have to sort through hundreds of random posts from total strangers just to find that one relevant post from someone I actually know.

And all I wanted was some storage... who knew it would be this much hassle?

Edit: Beautiful farm by the way, Ayah! Part of the reason I'm hanging onto my rivers is that I eventually want to layer them in a similar manner to what you've done. I just don't have anything to do with them in the meantime... and so much for storage.

Last edited by krystalb2000; Oct 31 2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Just adding a postscript
Old Oct 31 2009, 04:57 PM
Green Genius ( Level 32 )

Farmer Since: Mar 26 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:

Hi! Thanks for giving us the storage! The neighbor thing is okay with me, but I'm wondering why we can't store our trees and flowers in it. I've been gifted with too many trees and I've been wanting to redo my farm for ages. I can't because I have too many trees lined up and I feel it's a big waste to sell them all instead. So please, I hope that you let us keep trees too! Thank you so much! I've been loving Farm Town since the first days and I still love it now!

Visit Paraiso ni Paws

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 31 2009, 05:08 PM

Thumbs up Storage

Thank You very much for the storage option i can't wait till the Christmas items come out GREAT job FT
Closed Thread