Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old Aug 03 2017, 08:01 AM

Default rewards for loading ships

The rewards for loading other peoples ships are not enough. Every week another one neighbor that was loading, just turns off the option and I don't see them. Others just stop loading and I have to learn the hard way. Still others cut back how often they check, to as little as once a day.
--------------------
Suggestion: If a person loads a ship within 30 minutes of arrival, give the loader 1/2 of what the first port would put onto the ship. If within 1 hour, 1/4 of the first port loading. If within 2 hours, 4 times as many coins as at present and if witin 3 hours, twice as many coins. Or make the rewards more or less , I leave that up to you, but somehow greater, and especially for quicker loading. It might also help if a person was notified they missed loading a ship, so they would check more often in the future.
Old Aug 03 2017, 08:07 AM

Default Self loading of ships

Would you consider letting a person self load their ship after waiting a long time at another port? With penalties/sacrifices, of course. Perhaps after 12 hours they could load their own ship, but it would cost them 10 times as many coins as the loader would have received, AND they will only load half as much. But it won't reduce the loadings at future ports. Adjust the penalties as you feel appropriate, including graduated, bigger penalty for second time on same ship or even just for any ship by same owner.
Old Aug 03 2017, 08:23 AM

Default sailing ships and hydrofoil ships

This is totally unrealistic, but would be a fun decoration, anyway.
----
Thoough they never existed, containerized sailing ships. No fuel required, but slower, so they only hit 10 ports in a week, and each time loaded, a three (or something) hour delay till they arrive at the next port. Could be the same containers, or could be different items in them. If different, things that would have been shipped back then: cotton, distilled spirits, tea and spices, some research might be appropriate. Could be fewer containers too. Probably just one or two sailing ships, not a whole set of seven. This is "just for fun" after all.
----
At the other end, hydrofoil ships that go very fast, rising up on underwater "wings" so there is very little friction. These would be farmcash for sure. Ten ports in three days, so you only need three of them. Half as many containers but with high value products, including manufactured items. Possibly new items only available from the hydrofoil ship: tablet and laptop computers, mobile phones, pharmaceuticals and monitoring electonics to be used in hospital, etc. And they would automatically load after 12 or 18 hours.
Old Aug 03 2017, 08:34 AM

Default cargo port replacing seaport?

If it is too hard to implement now, please consider for when you rewrite without flash. Have a menu item for a cargo port which includes ships and trains to replace the present seaport, by adding two more tabs. Trains are a nuisance now, to check on them you have to go to each farm where they are, and click on each one individually.

If not in a "cargo port" can you put trains in the facility manager?
------------
Maybe one more tab in the cargo port to load semi trailers, but that is just for completeness, to make it a complete transportation hub. That tab only works if they own the ordering station.
Old Aug 03 2017, 08:42 AM

for when we don't have 30 friends who load ships, let us just delete somebody from the itinerary, resulting in fewer stops. Right now, if I only have only 20 neighbors who will load my ships, I have to sort 10 of the "others" to the top of my list, then dispatch the ship, and skip those 10 people.
Old Aug 03 2017, 11:46 PM

Default sorting or changing selection for new logbooks

Maybe I am the only one, i keep track of which neighbors don't load ships, or only load once a day, and my list on my computer is alphabetical to make sure I don't duplicate entries. In order to check the list, I first sort the logbook alphabetical, which is hard manually. It would be nice to be able to sort, but maybe too hard for the few of us that need it.

Or better (and maybe easier) would be instead of, or as an option, to sort in order of how many times they appear in the logbook for other ships currently active, or other ships in last 30 days. For instance, if sally, fred and george were on the logbook for all 5 of my other ships, they would sort first, then if sam and mary were in 4 of the logbooks, they would sort next, and bill and sandra who are in 3 other logbooks would sort next, etc. that way I would only have to keep track of neighbors who stopped loading but used to load ships. If times they were manually skipped would not count, that would be better yet, so if william was in 5 other logbooks, but 3 times I skipped him, he would be with the neighbors who were only in 2 other logbooks.
Old Aug 09 2017, 03:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

It's very helpful when you display the message "The xxx Container at Your Cargo Ship ... has already completed its preparation cycle" when we load FT. But it would be even nicer and more helpful if when this message was displayed, it had a button (e.g. "Open") that when clicked would take us directly to the Seaport Manager >> My Ships and open that ship so that we could either prepare the next container or dispatch the ship.
Link below not mine.)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W200, MPS:F4
Old Aug 14 2017, 01:31 PM

It would be lovely if we could start preparation of new ships every 12 hours!! I'd even pay FC for an acceleration process or device!
Old Aug 16 2017, 10:03 PM

I just noticed there are no flatbed train cars to store the containers on. This would be used for design purposes. I cannot just put the containers on the track!