Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe there are people who are doing this. Once you have bought a ship it is in your data permanently. As you get the pop up warning if you want to store, i wouldn't store it whilst it is on it's trip.
thanks Tiger, after trying with 3 ships and running into the same problems of waiting endlessly for people to move them, I have returned them all to storage. I find it less stressful now that I don't have to spend all day to prepare containers, perhaps one day we will get a fc tool to do this. I live in hope,
Old Mar 10 2017, 07:30 AM

Unhappy Ships and the future of Farm Town

Would someone please tell me why, If you can only send out 1 ship in a 24 hr period, then what is the purpose of 10 + or - hours of game time to fill the ship(s) to capacity. How could it possibly change the overall process of this part of our game to lower the wait times on loading containers, to half or more of the current wait time. If the intention was to frustrate players or keep a substantial amount of them from participating in the ships segment, then I would say you have accomplished your goal(s). When other realize that 7 ships (1 per day) x 6-10 hours per day (even just logging on and off)= 36 - 70 extra hours per week, I seriously doubt your audience will continue to use the ships features... Not really sure of the direction of your intent for the game as a whole when adding the ships, but if you intend to add more in the future, your players will have to make choices, that will lead to even more frustrations and cause more doubt in the developers choices. Quote of the day: Don't let a temporary solution, become a permanent mistake...
Old Mar 10 2017, 01:52 PM

Default Cargo Ships

I am still doing the ships but am very frustrated with them - and at a lot of people who are doing them with me. I wish you would remove the time limit for preparation of the ships or make a tool to by-pass it. Please just let the ships go their merry way until they can be dispatched. You can't make people move your ships. What happened to clicking on their pictures to find out who they really are? Thanks - the ships are fun, but would even be better with some improvements.
Old Mar 10 2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleenorris View Post
I am still doing the ships but am very frustrated with them - and at a lot of people who are doing them with me. I wish you would remove the time limit for preparation of the ships or make a tool to by-pass it. Please just let the ships go their merry way until they can be dispatched. You can't make people move your ships. What happened to clicking on their pictures to find out who they really are? Thanks - the ships are fun, but would even be better with some improvements.
Hi dleenorris

Please post your ideas about the cargo ships in our Suggestion Section where the developers can read them.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea

This is the link to that section

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

About the names, Raul posted the following in the New release

6. Ships Improvements coming in the next few days:

b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip when mouse over user photos in Cooperative Quests, Neighborhood Chains Contest, Ships and Neighbour Bar screens. This will help people identify better their neighbours.

So please check the March New Release from time to time for any news about this feature
Old Mar 10 2017, 03:30 PM

Here, here (or hear, hear)! This concept of having to wait between 45 minutes to an hour in order to prepare a container is for the birds. Ok, maybe for some who can sit around waiting for the time to start the next container. Certainly adhering to a 24 time frame between ships is alright. If you're going to charge for push button container prep (done at a click), then, being as the ships were purchased with coins, stay with coins, but not more in terms of percentage then the worth of a particular ship. If these things aren't dealt with soon, there'll be a lot ships in storage or sold back.

Last edited by marymarcel; Mar 10 2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: quote deleted
Old Mar 10 2017, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineking View Post
Here, here (or hear, hear)! This concept of having to wait between 45 minutes to an hour in order to prepare a container is for the birds. Ok, maybe for some who can sit around waiting for the time to start the next container. Certainly adhering to a 24 time frame between ships is alright. If you're going to charge for push button container prep (done at a click), then, being as the ships were purchased with coins, stay with coins, but not more in terms of percentage then the worth of a particular ship. If these things aren't dealt with soon, there'll be a lot ships in storage or sold back.
Hi lineking,
I have moved your post to the feedback thread about the cargo ships as this is an opinion and not a suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 10 2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lineking,
I have moved your post to the feedback thread about the cargo ships as this is an opinion and not a suggestion.

Pardon me, but isn't the suggestion essentially inferred. Seems as if I made at lest one specific one?
Old Mar 10 2017, 04:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineking View Post

Pardon me, but isn't the suggestion essentially inferred. Seems as if I made at lest one specific one?
Hi lineking,
Inferred suggestion is not the best way to make a suggestion. You were quoting another suggestion and making a comment about their suggestion which is not allowed per the rules for the Suggestion forum.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 18 2017, 08:37 AM

I flatly refuse to set an alarm clock so that I can get up on Saturday morning to dispatch the ship I filled on Friday. I am beginning to see why some farmers are less than keen about having ships
Old Mar 23 2017, 03:38 AM

I never thought I would say this, my ships are now in dry dock!

I have worked hard to keep them slowly moving from neighbour to neighbour, with many losses of cargo along the way. The loss of cargo make it hard to swallow.

I am not neighbours to those that I share this game, to harass them about how ships work. I understand it is "free" to play, but it isn't worth the stress!

I hope in time ships will be more user friendly!

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!